Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Real talk though: Overhaul would have been a much cooler villain if he'd used his quirk like Crazy Diamond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It'd be super rad if in this emotional fight of Deku's school pals trying to save him from himself Horikoshi instead decides it's the perfect time to follow up on that traitor plot from a couple hundred chapters ago that's been irrelevant for the entire comic.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

RareAcumen posted:

'Remember that traitor I told you about? It was me all along!'

*AFO joins the heroes to stop Shigaraki*

Continuing the Naruto parallels, AFO gets the Orochimaru treatment and gets away with literally everything.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
All the heroes are secretly double agents working for the villains and the villains are secretly working for the heroes. I guess All for One's world really would be better!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The manga is gonna end with Nezu looking directly at the camera and going "I guess there really wasn't a traitor, my bad ha ha"

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

christmas boots posted:

Real talk though: Overhaul would have been a much cooler villain if he'd used his quirk like Crazy Diamond
Midoriya telling Overhaul he'd take him to his surrogate father if he apologized to Eri was really stupid.

Eri shouldn't ever see him again even if he's a broken sorry dude considering he quite literally carved her to death and brought her back to life multiple times. It's just incredibly stupid on its face.

"Hey Eri, remember the guy that mutilated you and fixed you over and over again? Well, he changed because bad things happened to him and here's here to tell you he's really sorry about~ hey wait, why are you screaming, stop screaming"

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Has Hagakure ever had an internal monologue? That doesn’t revolve around how hot Todoroki is? If not, she’s my suspect, because someone who’s had heroic thoughts actually being a villain is just Cagey.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I think only Deku and Bakugo have had any internal narration, outside of gags. Everyone typical just faces the camera and tells us how they feel.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

RareAcumen posted:

'Remember that traitor I told you about? It was me all along!'

*AFO joins the heroes to stop Shigaraki*

Iida: WHAT?!
Uraraka: Aw son of a bitch!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

oh jay posted:

I think only Deku and Bakugo have had any internal narration, outside of gags. Everyone typical just faces the camera and tells us how they feel.
Nah- the entire class has had internal narration at some point- some however didn't get any until the joint training arc. Even Hagekure got some, internally panicking when beating up the Comic-head dude about running out of time.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Nah- the entire class has had internal narration at some point- some however didn't get any until the joint training arc. Even Hagekure got some, internally panicking when beating up the Comic-head dude about running out of time.

I read that as her speaking out loud.

But maybe telepathy is her actual quirk. How would we even know?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Midoriya telling Overhaul he'd take him to his surrogate father if he apologized to Eri was really stupid.

Eri shouldn't ever see him again even if he's a broken sorry dude considering he quite literally carved her to death and brought her back to life multiple times. It's just incredibly stupid on its face.

"Hey Eri, remember the guy that mutilated you and fixed you over and over again? Well, he changed because bad things happened to him and here's here to tell you he's really sorry about~ hey wait, why are you screaming, stop screaming"

Deku didn't want Overhaul to apologize in person to Eri. He wanted him to at least recognize why what he did was wrong, and that he shouldn't have done it.

If he showed the same regret towards Eri that he did towards his boss, Deku would think he was moving towards reform, however slowly. If he's even willing to fake it, then that's still some possibility of moving away from his past.

But since he didn't even get why what he did was wrong, well... Deku really wants to get through to villains. He's just well aware that sometimes, you can't.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Hatsume Mei is the traitor and her tech has trackers in it. She has been shown to only care about being able to make stuff so it would be easy to see her liking the idea of being able to make stuff in All for One’s world. It’s the easiest explanation.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Aoyama is the traitor, he has been slowly poisoning Deku with cheese for months.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

Well he never said that.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Right, I thought Deku just said he'd honor Nagant's promise to bring him to his boss. Pretty sure Deku has no intent on letting him actually see Eri

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Yeah I'm pretty sure Deku was just checking to see if Overhaul had actually reflected on anything he did wrong or if he was still a huge selfish piece of poo poo, not that he intended to bring him to Eri to give a useless apology.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Yeah, I think Deku's request was for Overhaul to find that same well of guilt and empathy in him that he has for his boss and direct it towards Eri as well. Deku never said he wanted him to apologize to Eri to her face or anything. He just wants Overhaul to realize what he did was hosed up and see Eri as person that he did wrong by since he's clearly capable of having people he cares about.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
On one hand, Eri should never have to see Overhaul again, on the other hand, I kind of want her to see just how sad and pathetic he is now and tell him to gently caress off or something. Maybe take a swing at him with that sword she got for Christmas.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Fabricated posted:

:yeah:

I wouldn't even let him write her an email at this point.

I'm pretty sure he was speaking in hypotheticals, though, given there is way too much poo poo to worry about right now to even consider letting Overhaul anywhere near UA.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jul 14, 2021

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Though, it would be funny if Eri magicked Overhaul’s arms back so he could get revengeance on the League of Villains.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Eri gives him his arms back but they’re baby arms

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Eri is the traitor

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The only reason I thought they might meet again is because I think Eri will be asked to fix her grandpa, who is still in a coma from whatever Overhaul did to him.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Eri will revert Overhaul’s arms before the end of the series because the amount of good he can do with them is absolutely insane

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
And before anyone @s me the redemptive exchange rate is 7 cured cancers to the traumatized child

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Eri will give Overhaul new arms, but somehow make it so they punch him in the dick at least once a day.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

TheKingofSprings posted:

And before anyone @s me the redemptive exchange rate is 7 cured cancers to the traumatized child

Overhaul: “Interesting. Can it be the same child each time?”

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

TheKingofSprings posted:

Eri will revert Overhaul’s arms before the end of the series because the amount of good he can do with them is absolutely insane

"can" =/= "will"

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD

TheKingofSprings posted:

this is the story of how overhaul became the greatest hero

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Let's be honest here, Deku will need a bit of.... overhauling to become the greatest hero.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jul 14, 2021

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Let's are honest here, Deku will need a bit of.... overhauling to become the greatest hero.

Haha overhaul just rebuilds his hosed up arms in a second

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Overhaul is detailed to Parole Officer Monoma, who does all the good poo poo Overhaul could have done.

If I recall, Overhaul hasn't lost his quirk, he just can't use it because it requires his hands, right?

e: Deku is faced with a choice: He can get a full heal from Monoma but he has to say "Class 1-A sucks"

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Deku's final quirk is All For One

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Shere posted:

Next chapter we find out the entirety of class 1-A, less Deku, were the traitor in conglomerate the entire time and together are one of All For One's assassins.
Redemption arcs for everyone! Everyone except Sugarman.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

TheKingofSprings posted:

He doesn't want to cure cancer, he wants to dismember a kindergartner.

Nessus posted:

e: Deku is faced with a choice: He can get a full heal from Monoma but he has to say "Class 1-A sucks"

Izuku will walk backwards into hell then.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

hiddenriverninja posted:

Deku's final quirk is All For One

This would actually be great

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Nessus posted:

Overhaul is detailed to Parole Officer Monoma, who does all the good poo poo Overhaul could have done.

If I recall, Overhaul hasn't lost his quirk, he just can't use it because it requires his hands, right?

This is actually a genius idea I've never thought of but you're absolutely right. Overhaul does still have his quirk, he just can't use it because it's contact-based with his hands. Put Monoma on permanent Overhaul-sitting duty and his reward is access to that absurdly awesome quirk.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I think the downside of that is to use it well Overhaul's quirk required a huge amount of practice and somewhat in depth knowledge of the human body. Maybe i'm just imagining it but didn't Overhaul acquire that talent with it by not worrying about the results on the earlier victims? Accidently killing a few dozen yakuza underlings for practice isn't something Monoma can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Maybe Deku will convince Overhaul to be less poo poo and commit to that whole rehabilitation thing, arms or no arms. He's got a long, long way to go; but maybe he doesn't have to be evil forever?