Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

okiedoke

I am the Doke to the Okie
Thanks all. I tried to turn the green and yellow pour into a Japanese style tree at first but quickly realized I lacked the talent, so went with more of a outer space vibe cause the background already had that look. I tend to paint over old things I don't like and add a result, it has a ton of texture you can't see in the pic.

DDP, your stuff reminds me of radiohead album covers or mural art. I really dig it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

okiedoke posted:

Thanks all. I tried to turn the green and yellow pour into a Japanese style tree at first but quickly realized I lacked the talent, so went with more of a outer space vibe cause the background already had that look. I tend to paint over old things I don't like and add a result, it has a ton of texture you can't see in the pic.

DDP, your stuff reminds me of radiohead album covers or mural art. I really dig it.

I more see the storm cloud that is birthing the lightning dragon. Storm Dragon? It could be happening in space still maybe it's a nebula sized dragon.

sig by owlhawk911

Literally A Person

Smugworth Wuz Here

deep dish peat moss posted:

Here's a dump of a bunch of traditional pieces I did over the last ~1.5 years similar to the digital dump earlier on this page but uhh, this is like 1/3 of the art I have lying around and I really need to find some way to organize/present it all

Your work always puts a smile on my face.

SIDS Vicious

i did this tribute art for the band AJJ formerly Andrew Jackson Jihad and mark from the band said its amazing <3

wow that was an old sig lol
chec k out my drawings the sidsons :)

Prof. Crocodile

Sid Vicious posted:

i did this tribute art for the band AJJ formerly Andrew Jackson Jihad and mark from the band said its amazing <3

it is amazing.

I know I’ve said this about your stuff before, but you do a great job using/blending different colors to portray light and texture.

also him a cute lil bunny

SIDS Vicious

Prof. Crocodile posted:

it is amazing.

I know I’ve said this about your stuff before, but you do a great job using/blending different colors to portray light and texture.

also him a cute lil bunny

his name was stormy so i tried to capture a bit of that with the color choices

wow that was an old sig lol
chec k out my drawings the sidsons :)

deep dish peat moss

Sid you have a style of minimalism that's hella cool and very different from most other minimalist artists

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Oh! I also drew a lightning dragon. This was for a fantasy magazine

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I don't remember what this was for

deep dish peat moss

Those are both very good and I am jealous of your ability to draw in a way that a magazine would want GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Literally A Person

Smugworth Wuz Here

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Oh! I also drew a lightning dragon. This was for a fantasy magazine

Oh yeah, no big deal or anything just, you know, your run of the mill MOTHERFUCKING LIGHTNING DRAGON

https://giant.gfycat.com/SizzlingThickIbis.mp4
THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH vanisher

deep dish peat moss

My secret project I've been working on and off on and will never complete because I never complete anything, is an RPGmaker game sort of like Yume Nikki - there's no combat or leveling up or anything, just walking around exploring weird barren landscapes and interacting with surreal creatures and finding little goofy vignette quests to resolve, and depending on how you resolve them it can open up or block off others.

I'm still really just working on the art and conceptualizing the world but I've at least tossed it all together in rpgmaker to make sure it works

I'm kind of hoping that once I get enough art done I can just hire a bunch of different writers to write short surreal vignette quests, then when you start a quest you get a sort of title card screen for it that introduces it like a tv episode with a title and the author's name displayed, I don't know, since I mostly want to use this as a vehicle to get people to interact with my art on a more granular level I think it would be cool to also use it as a platform to get more exposure for other types of artists/writers, maybe even voice actors if I ever finish it and can hire voice actors :shrug:

But anyway so here's that planet in the screenshot (not even close to done) as one of the included environments, which I wanted to post because I'm diggin' some of the techniques I stumbled across for terrain detail. This is also why I never finish anything because I am constantly trying out new techniques and finding new ways to do things and it makes me abandon everything I was working on before :kiddo:

Oh and also I bought a bunch of secondhand frames and framed some art to... do ??? with? I don't know but it looks better now. I think I'll get a booth at my city's art fair once it's not 120 degrees out and maybe there's less virus.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Orbs, I haven't drawn a single thing in a year. I think I lost it.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Can I help you find it?

sig by owlhawk911

Literally A Person

Smugworth Wuz Here

Would it help if we all told you we want to see a new drawring?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Literally A Person posted:

Would it help if we all told you we want to see a new drawring?

an adventuring party made up of BYOB avatars, the cover of a dnd module "delving into the kobold's lair: part 1 in the landlord campaign"

Prof. Crocodile

this is a shame because your stuff is great and always worth looking at. but don’t despair. you will get the itch sooner or later.

Prof. Crocodile

Oh and also I bought a bunch of secondhand frames and framed some art to... do ??? with? I don't know but it looks better now. I think I'll get a booth at my city's art fair once it's not 120 degrees out and maybe there's less virus.

:eyepop:

Dukes Mayo Clinic
it ain’t lost, just misplaced at worst I am certain.

deep dish peat moss

Prof. Crocodile posted:

this is a shame because your stuff is great and always worth looking at. but don’t despair. you will get the itch sooner or later.

Yeah I have always really enjoyed your art GSJG and I don't think there's any harm in losing motivation over the last year because wow what a year

Robot Made of Meat

What you have can't be lost, GSJG. It's always been there and it always will be. Sometimes it's just a little more elusive than others.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

deep dish peat moss

I have a dedicated space for art again! I haven't had anywhere to sit and draw for like 8 months

I finished this up which I've been working on for a few weeks

You can't see it much in the photo but the mountain side is covered in strange runes written in gold ink, you can only catch 'em when the light hits it just right

And then since I could sit undisturbed and draw for a while I made this whole thing yesterday w/ a few finishing touches this morning

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jul 20, 2021

Percy Teatwillow

let us go out this evening for pleasure, for the night is still young
I make digital photography-based art from time to time:

Before covid hit I also shot a bunch of shows and I wanna start doing that again:

art is cool!!

THANK U Heather Papps !!

Gluehead posted:

i met snow at a restaurant once and i was like 'man, informer is a really good song!' and he just looked up from the bowl of french onion soup he was eating, mouthed the words 'gently caress off' and then he gave me the finger twice with boths hands, then crossed the two fingers to make a cross and aimed it at me
Robot Made of Meat

I have a dedicated space for art again! I haven't had anywhere to sit and draw for like 8 months

I finished this up which I've been working on for a few weeks

You can't see it much in the photo but the mountain side is covered in strange runes written in gold ink, you can only catch 'em when the light hits it just right

And then since I could sit undisturbed and draw for a while I made this whole thing yesterday w/ a few finishing touches this morning

I enjoy these arts.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

okiedoke

I am the Doke to the Okie
I've enjoyed all the arts in this thread.

biosterous

i enjoy all the arts in this thread and the ones that haven't been posted yet :smuggo:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

the unabonger
I have been taking photographs with my students this year. We formed a club. Here are some of mine:

deep dish peat moss

koi-annisqatsi

okiedoke posted:

Thank you btw! One of my biggest inspirations/influences is Roger Dean who did Yes's album covers so that's super cool to hear. Album covers are cool. I actually drew something for a goon to use as an album cover but then it was the pandemic and life sucked and I never sent it to them :kiddo: I should do that even though it's probably too late to be an album cover. Here's my daily drawing for yesterday:

and the one I'm working on today:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jul 23, 2021

deep dish peat moss

I'm on a roll, 3 drawings done in 3 days :cool:

Percy Teatwillow

just sent this bad boy off to the printer, time to try my best to forget about it for two weeks

THANK U Heather Papps !!

Gluehead posted:

i met snow at a restaurant once and i was like 'man, informer is a really good song!' and he just looked up from the bowl of french onion soup he was eating, mouthed the words 'gently caress off' and then he gave me the finger twice with boths hands, then crossed the two fingers to make a cross and aimed it at me
deep dish peat moss

Percy Teatwillow posted:

just sent this bad boy off to the printer, time to try my best to forget about it for two weeks

these colors are great, please post the printed version when you get it!!!

(not part of the same set but it's an older thing I tossed aside and never took good pictures of)

Percy Teatwillow

these colors are great, please post the printed version when you get it!!!

(not part of the same set but it's an older thing I tossed aside and never took good pictures of)

woah, I really love the softer tones you’ve got in these !! especially the blues and purples, makes for a very dreamy feel. I like it!

also will do ! it’s a bit out of my comfort zone and while blending all of the photos together in ps, I ended up just going over the whole thing to make it look like a painting. fingers crossed the printer doesn’t mess it up or it gets damaged in shipping, i’ve never dealt with this company before

THANK U Heather Papps !!

Gluehead posted:

Percy Teatwillow

she arrived today! took it out of the packaging to photograph and sign it, but until it gets picked up i’m keeping it pristine in the box.

Percy Teatwillow fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 1, 2021

THANK U Heather Papps !!

Gluehead posted:

BlueDekuNuts

Gonna take this chance to post some art I am really proud of.

biosterous

this is a real good drawing of an enemy i really hate lol

also all the other drawings are good too!

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

deep dish peat moss

Percy Teatwillow posted:

she arrived today! took it out of the packaging to photograph and sign it, but until it gets picked up i’m keeping it pristine in the box.

the colors look really good!! what kind of printing was it? (I've been looking for the best way to print extremely vivid colors)

BlueDekuNuts posted:

Gonna take this chance to post some art I am really proud of.

the scanline CRT effect is rad!!

BlueDekuNuts

Thanks y'all. I hope to draw ReDead sometime cause those scarred me as a child. This is a really good thread lol

Percy Teatwillow

the colors look really good!! what kind of printing was it? (I've been looking for the best way to print extremely vivid colors)

they really do!! i was nervous about the quality but I think it turned out great. this is a giclee print on canvas. I use a couple different companies depending on what discounts are available lol but I went with CanvasPop this time around and I’m hella satisfied with the results.

THANK U Heather Papps !!

Gluehead posted:

Literally A Person

Smugworth Wuz Here
I don't know why I've never tried to forge poo poo before but hell if a nat gas torch doesn't get copper hot enough to shape. Trying out some simple forms tonight. Banged these out of an old plumbing fixture:

Literally A Person fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Aug 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percy Teatwillow

Literally A Person posted:

I don't know why I've never tried to forge poo poo before but hell if a nat gas torch doesn't get copper hot enough to shape. Trying out some simple forms tonight. Banged these out of an old plumbing fixture:

yo these are really cool and i love the texture on em

THANK U Heather Papps !!

Gluehead posted: