Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

I said come in! posted:

This was suppose to come out for PlayStation 4. It sucks that CCP abandoned this game, they never even gave it a chance to succeed.

Wasn’t it announced for the PS3 in 2009?

I want to know how much money CCP has blown on non EVE failures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Sometimes, over the top of the huge saltwater tank in the lobby, you can still hear the words "vampire online" softly, as if in a whisper.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah, it was PlayStation 3 exclusive, released and then promptly abandoned even though the Eve-Online playerbase was begging CCP to support the game and bring it to other platforms. The PS3 wasn't equipped to play the game at all, it ran at a very low frame rate, but otherwise was actually a pretty solid competitive online shooter that had promise. Ground combat in the Eve universe, across planets that existed in Eve-Online and players in that game could see the Dust 514 players and visit those planets. It was 20v20, each team had a battleship overhead that they had to protect, and they respawned at and parachuted into the battle from.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

lol it was the AT

who fuckin cares

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Papi care. They need to win some after selling theirs for SRP money

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

lol it was the AT

who fuckin cares
The fallout from this preannounced video announcement is gonna be :allears:

edit:

/r/eve is already going apoplectic (well, more so than usual)

Otacon fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jul 14, 2021

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
A preanounced video for AT? Are these guys high?

Someone should alert the authorities of Reykjavik, clearly there are toxic fumes drifting into CCP's offices from nearby volcanoes

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

lol it was the AT

who fuckin cares

Winner this year gets 10bn Morphite I guess?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

is this the big announcement?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
AT.

Get absolutely hosed.

Halborn
Nov 8, 2020

So a brittle blade will shatter before it bends, so a brittle soul will break before it turns.
Whatever.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

lmao dead game

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?
I had my expectations for the announcement so low they were on the floor and CCP brought a loving shovel. lol.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

winner gets isogen

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Y’all aren’t thinking about the bright side. Historically whenever PL is on the losing side loving off to train for an AT is their go to excuse. And now an AT was delivered.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
What? Don't you guys have cellph... oops wrong company, same vibe

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
What is AT

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

SHISHKABOB posted:

What is AT

Something dumb.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

SHISHKABOB posted:

What is AT

Alliance Tournament. It's where the "elite" pvp alliances get to try and swing their dick around to get fancy ships.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rhymenoserous posted:

Y’all aren’t thinking about the bright side. Historically whenever PL is on the losing side loving off to train for an AT is their go to excuse. And now an AT was delivered.

Yeah, but that was when PL was relevant. :laugh:

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

This is my preannouncement that I'm going to announce that I will not participate in AT

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

I will not participate in AT

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

rocketrobot posted:

This is my preannouncement that I'm going to announce that I will not participate in AT

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
https://www.twitch.tv/newedenpost/clip/RelentlessAverageAsteriskAsianGlow-rrNuHzCyFFAl5SKP

embed not working :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Eve-Online has fallen into the same trap as WoW, the devs working on it now don't care about the game, and have no passion for video games in general. At least Eve-Online is tolerable to me though, i've stuck with it since day 1, but it sucks to see CCP intentionally torpedo their game into the ground.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Bring back trzzbk to do AT commentary. Delta demands it. Doesn't matter of trzzie b has a baseball game to wank off to or not

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Dalmuti posted:

Bring back trzzbk to do AT commentary. Delta demands it. Doesn't matter of trzzie b has a baseball game to wank off to or not
I always liked shadoo back in the day because he was the only announcer who actually understood the meta.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Floppychop posted:

Alliance Tournament. It's where the "elite" pvp alliances get to try and swing their dick around to get fancy ships.

Blaaaaaaah

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

lol it was the AT

who fuckin cares

Wow, and here I thought they might have come up with a solution to the slow death of their game. Silly me

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
One time the multi time defending champions BoB were defeated by a fleet of all tech 1 Thoraxs and that was fun.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Elise Randolph was one other good commenter

Dolan was a fool who obviously didn't know what the hell was going on any better than a random F1 nullsec pilot.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
I thought for sure they’d announce the reversal of scarcity. And even that probably wouldn’t have been enough to change my decision to let my subs lapse. But they couldn’t even do that lmao

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

quote:

You guys are assholes

Recently CCP devs are responding to community feedback at an incredible speed and releasing patches about the poo poo you guys bitch about. Yea the ads are hosed but that's on marketing not the core developers. I am seriously impressed with the speed at which CCP have released changes.

Best of all AT is back and I'd expect you fucks to be all smiles and sunshine but you're making GBS threads on that too.

Thank God this game is pvp based so I can explode your spaceships so you can cry about scarcity more and how it's gonna take you possibly another hour to rebuy your ship. Or boohoo muh capitals are docked. That is if you ever dare to leave your loving constellation of rear end. Circle jerking about the never ending war. Leave your magic dog dragon alone he's quite chaffed at this point. You fucks. You do know needle jacks exist don't you??? And you other shits know there are plenty of neutrals to shoot if you go to them. But loving hell all the idiots on this game have joined one of the two sides to engage in the biggest staring contest known to man kind. The winner gets to keep their clown makeup on while the loser gets sentenced to 4 more years of poo poo posting.

You want content? Make it happen.

Spoiled loving brats. This game is a million times more accessible then it ever has been but at it's core it's a niche game and it's gonna remain a niche game. Hell this is a tangent but I still feel like yelling at you guys because you all suck shits. Turned me into a navy seal copy pasta you boring milktoast Jerry simps.

gently caress your war gently caress your goons gently caress your papi

Undock in t1/faction cruises and roam you plebs.

mods please rename me to "Constellation of rear end" thanks in advance

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
AT? Constellation of rear end!

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

The MMO HMO > EVE 2021: Constellation of rear end

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
and here i was thinking it'd be something cool ahhahasdhashdhasdhashdf

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dik Hz posted:

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Why does CCP hate money?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Dik Hz posted:

:emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MrTargetPractice posted:

Why does CCP hate money?

They don't necessarily hate money, they just don't understand what their playerbase will accept or put up with. I mean going free to play was the right move financially, it's the most successful CCP has ever been financially. It's just that lately they have been making breath takingly bad monetization decisions that ruin the integrity and economy of the game, in the hope that players will accept it and it'll generate them even more money. They have turned into that company that has to see increases profits year over year or else.