Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

All I know is the first time they open the coffin if Sting and or Scorp aren't in it, I'll be depressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
woop woop, seeing AEW 2 weeks in a row, can't wait

happy wednesday

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

projecthalaxy posted:

Did you dye it white like your hero coddy rhode

I used to have gray/white/silver-ish shorter hair not because of Cody, but the last time AEW was in town some kid thought I was Cody as I was walking through the concourse. Now my hair is pink and if Cody shows up with pink hair I'm gonna spin kick Arn Anderson in the face.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Bonus points if they rig the coffin so that Darby falls right through it.

I didn't rig poo poo

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

xbilkis posted:

I didn't rig poo poo

Lol

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

https://twitter.com/christoplack/status/1167970288107020288?s=20

Looking forward to tonight's sequel to this

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Cut to a backstage vignette where Ethan and Scorpio are trying to build a coffin just in case they need a cover

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/OfficialTAZ/status/1415330799373668362

:unsmith:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i'm really excited to see these boys go at it, i think they're gonna try for something really special

edit:
also just seeing Ricky in the ring again

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I can't wait to see @MrGMSI_BCage vs. @neckmanjones

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

REACH FOR THE SKY
MR SHAKE AND BAKE COLT 45

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Guillermus posted:

Matt Hardy is a great example of how to reinvent himself, still do decent work in ring and being just outright amazing outside. Since the HFO we see TH2 more active and the HFO can be anywhere messing with others. I wasn't sure at first about his Big Money persona but now I see him like a wrestling Kingpin.

Also count me in for the Yuta appreciation. He's been in 3 matches, got two wins and good ones. Young and talented drummer to boot. I want Statlander to boop him while masked :3:

He's this generations Million Dollar Man and the Million Dollar Corp. It's a great gimmick that can work in any age with a strong enough personality to pin it on.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What do you think is going to open? Probably the coffin match and Mox/Karl are going to open and close the show i would think, but they like to start with a big pop and either Darby or Mox would work for that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Max/Karl should open and Darby/Page should close out of respect for the coffin makers.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuJ9_3HXdRw

Ethan vlog

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
cofffin match should close so that they can really loving demolish the set.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

5 rings. All the matches take place simultaneously. Hollywood Honk wanders out and gets hit by every single person's finisher in succession

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the best honk thing thats only been referenced once on one of the blogs is that the label on the trophy is #1 son lol

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

graph posted:

the best honk thing thats only been referenced once on one of the blogs is that the label on the trophy is #1 son lol

compare the :honk: to his brothers and it's clear, he's the number one son

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so you put cage on a ring. then you put a ring on top of the cage. And a cage around that. Then a little cage on top where the prize is held. This is my triple cage match, TONY.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I think Sammy-YUTA should open because it's going to be fire, but they'll probably do Christian-Hardy to get the Lapsed Fan eyes.

Christian-Hardy
FTW
Sammy-YUTA
9pm - Mox-MGKA
Sakazaki-Cruz
Allin-Page

Deathlove fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jul 14, 2021

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

coconono posted:

so you put cage on a ring. then you put a ring on top of the cage. And a cage around that. Then a little cage on top where the prize is held. This is my triple cage match, TONY.

I can make this happen for one hundred thousand dollars, Mr. Khan

*gives the limp wrestler handshake to respect the biz*

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I guess maybe Diamante IS signed?

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1415352616343715845

Do they do these for unsigned people?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

RSP killing his gimmick and outing himself as a big sweetie. His match with Dante last night was very good by the way.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

I guess maybe Diamante IS signed?

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1415352616343715845

Remember when they did this for Solow and they identified him as a Dark wrestler.

animeluva1
Aug 9, 2003

Hopefully I'll have that
problem someday.

coconono posted:

My image editing skills are poo poo these days. Consider this as part of the proposal to BBT. The people to put into this match (left) are for inspiration only.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Ganso Bomb posted:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1389642228885192704?s=20

That's the only other one I can find for someone who isn't clearly signed

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mr. Squishy posted:

RSP killing his gimmick and outing himself as a big sweetie. His match with Dante last night was very good by the way.

RSP legit one of the most honorable dudes in the business. He's a major force behind the big indie cleanup efforts going around.

And that's why he's one of the greatest heels in the business.

e: finally catching the Dante/RSP match and they RSP where his 44OH! gear

coconono fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jul 14, 2021

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Mr. Squishy posted:

would you doubt this man's twitter bio

(put Space Monkey on Dark, coward Tony)

Deathlove fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jul 14, 2021

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

animeluva1 posted:

My image editing skills are poo poo these days. Consider this as part of the proposal to BBT. The people to put into this match (left) are for inspiration only.

It's fairly reminiscent of the infamous Doomsday Cage Match from WCW where it was a three-tiered cage on top of a ring. The match where it was Hogan and Savage versus the entire Four Horsemen and the Dungeon of Doom combined and I think the rules were that the babyfaces start on top of the cage and have to fight their way down to the ring and then escape out the bottom??? Except instead they just climbed out of structure immediately and spent most of the match brawling in the aisle while the commentary was going "How the hell do you even win this match?"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There's still some $80 seats for Grand Slam left in the presale so if you want to guarantee pretty good seats you can grab some. There will probably be some in the general sale but it looks like most will be gone.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Drakkel posted:

It's fairly reminiscent of the infamous Doomsday Cage Match from WCW where it was a three-tiered cage on top of a ring. The match where it was Hogan and Savage versus the entire Four Horsemen and the Dungeon of Doom combined and I think the rules were that the babyfaces start on top of the cage and have to fight their way down to the ring and then escape out the bottom??? Except instead they just climbed out of structure immediately and spent most of the match brawling in the aisle while the commentary was going "How the hell do you even win this match?"

Tony Kahn absolutely has asked himself "how do I do that but make it good?"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mr. Squishy posted:

Tony Kahn absolutely has asked himself "how do I do that but make it good?"

so have I, actually. I watched the Doomsday Cage of Doom match like 15 times. Its a great structure but the match setup was dumb. They should have had to fight their way up to the small cage.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

animeluva1 posted:

The match should be Hangman and John Silver vs The Alliance to End Cowboy poo poo

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I am hoping to tonight’s match is the beginning of the FTW title being an actual ongoing concern on TV, not sure what specifically they could do to set it apart from the TNT Title, but if Ricky wins I think he could have some fun with how he presents and treats it.

animeluva1
Aug 9, 2003

Hopefully I'll have that
problem someday.
This is why the birb ladder blown up to human proportions would be amazing. Part wrestling, part Sasuke/Ninja Warrior.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

coconono posted:

RSP legit one of the most honorable dudes in the business. He's a major force behind the big indie cleanup efforts going around.

And that's why he's one of the greatest heels in the business.

e: finally catching the Dante/RSP match and they RSP where his 44OH! gear

I enjoyed RSP vs Dante, A LOT. I loved how RSP threw the jacket to Dante during his entrance and Dante proceeded to do a sick jump over the ropes. AEW is killing it bringing great wrestlers from the indies.

Yuta vs Angelico was drat good too in my opinion.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Don't get too hype for Sammy/Yuta, it's a 6 match card so it's gonna be short

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm so glad they mentioned (and roasted) the terrible t-shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Rarity posted:

Don't get too hype for Sammy/Yuta, it's a 6 match card so it's gonna be short

There's time for at least one flip.