Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
So when do they reach the point of selling rainbow flags with zero sense of awareness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I wanna sell rainbow flags outside a church as "covenant flags" and get increasingly confused and belligerent when people balk

These are NICE they're supposed to be NICE

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

bird food bathtub posted:

So when do they reach the point of selling rainbow flags with zero sense of awareness?

When you see someone with one of the multi-stripe designs complement them on the "pride flag."

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1414960312021930007?s=20

Right wing pastor is running for office, courting the Qanon vote, then posts pictures of his daughter wearing red shoes, which sets of Qanon who now think he's a child trafficker.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Wouldn’t the daughter wearing red shoes mean the daughter is the child trafficker?

Since we know that adrenochrome actually bestows unnatural longevity and supernatural powers, it’s probably a Drew Barrymore in Interview with a Vampire or Let the Right One In situation.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/brooklynmarie/status/1415367002038816774?s=20

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

lmao that Facebook has an integrity division and the people they're reassigning for making data available to the public are going there.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Facebook needs to give up pretending they aren’t putting their thumb on the scale in terms of letting conservative media outlets get away with stuff no one else would. Like they hired loving Breitbart to do fact checking.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Facebook needs to give up pretending they aren’t putting their thumb on the scale in terms of letting conservative media outlets get away with stuff no one else would. Like they hired loving Breitbart to do fact checking.

Joel Kaplan basically runs Facebook as his own personal Breitbart at this point.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanmac/mark-zuckerberg-joel-kaplan-facebook-alex-jones

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Joel Kaplan basically runs Facebook as his own personal Breitbart at this point.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanmac/mark-zuckerberg-joel-kaplan-facebook-alex-jones
Yes this is the main issue….he’s been overruling others within the company who are pushing for accountability, and he is the reason right-wing figures like Shapiro are still allowed on the site despite multiple violations of the site’s rules

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Same with YouTube. I always have RWM poo poo at the top of my suggestions

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lemniscate Blue posted:

My irritation about buzzfeee and teen vogue doing better journalism than nominally top news outlets aside, this is fascinating. And also upsetting.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

BiggerBoat posted:

Same with YouTube. I always have RWM poo poo at the top of my suggestions

Fall asleep watching a star wars parody skit, wake up to Here is How the SJWs are Cucking Star Wars Part 2/8, timestamp 22m of 3h14m

The Youtube experience.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Fall asleep watching a star wars parody skit, wake up to Here is How the SJWs are Cucking Star Wars Part 2/8, timestamp 22m of 3h14m

The Youtube experience.

The Pop Culture Video-to-Literal SS Cosplaying Nazi Channel pipeline on YouTube is shaped like one of those extreme vertical "ride this to prove your not a wussie" waterslides.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The Youtube experience.

And now you've got four hours of it in your watched videos, proving people want this stuff and there needs to be more.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
If you want a pretty fool-proof way to head off these human pubic hairs showing up in your recommendations completely, there's a browser extension called BlockTube for Chrome and Firefox (and a similar addon called Channel Blocker for Opera) which allows you to curate a black list for whatever YouTube channels you never want to see again, and even block individual videos from showing up in any of your feeds. It also frags imbeds of videos from those channels as well.

It's a handy little tool and I've been using it for a few years now and it's cleaned up my YouTube experience immensely.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

nine-gear crow posted:

The Pop Culture Video-to-Literal SS Cosplaying Nazi Channel pipeline on YouTube is shaped like one of those extreme vertical "ride this to prove your not a wussie" waterslides.

Doomcock is just Supershadow for Nazis. Like I think he's honestly one of the best like canary in the coalmine examples of how bad things have gotten. He's literally got the exact same schtick as Supershadow had back in the 90s and super early aughts, only he's also a literal Nazi and somehow even dumber and more pathetic.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ok, that’s the idiot who’s channel I landed on one time.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Doomcock is just Supershadow for Nazis. Like I think he's honestly one of the best like canary in the coalmine examples of how bad things have gotten. He's literally got the exact same schtick as Supershadow had back in the 90s and super early aughts, only he's also a literal Nazi and somehow even dumber and more pathetic.

If it's some minor consolation, most of the people in the QAnon, But For Television internet cult who are/were his contemporaries have realized he's full of poo poo and make the rest of them look like (even bigger) clowns by association and have begun to :sever: ties with him in a flailing attempt to save face. But the fact that he still has a following of like four or five hundred thousand people even after years of being provably, hilariously wrong and deluded about everything is immensely disheartening. But hey, racism and sexism are still strong draws in 2021.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

I gotta say--I never see right-wing poo poo anymore on YouTube. I "not interested" a few things here or there but didn't really put a lot of effort into it. I installed BlockTube months ago and then never used it, even. Have I just yelled at YouTube's algorithm enough to stop loving sending me RWM poo poo, or am I somehow just a pure soul?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
All I got is dogs, sketch comedy and people making fun of right-wing poo poo

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Brawnfire posted:

I am puking my eyes out

Ocular crime

Can anyone mock me up a lime green/puce/flat brown American flag for our brave 70s retro interior designers

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
I somehow managed to breadtube myself out of the RWM recommendations and only get one or two per year

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
So at what point can we say that tech companies willingly purveying right-wing propaganda over their platforms for profit is an unambiguous detriment to society, and then litigate against it/them

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Mercury_Storm posted:

So at what point can we say that tech companies willingly purveying right-wing propaganda over their platforms for profit is an unambiguous detriment to society, and then litigate against it/them

When the courts aren't packed with pro-corporate neoliberal-to-fash stooges.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

GD_American posted:

Can anyone mock me up a lime green/puce/flat brown American flag for our brave 70s retro interior designers

Just mimicking colors is not enough, what you need is the SUPERGRAPHIC SYSTEM.
https://hepcatshaven.com/2015/07/21/1974-supergraphic-system/

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

nine-gear crow posted:

If it's some minor consolation, most of the people in the QAnon, But For Television internet cult who are/were his contemporaries have realized he's full of poo poo and make the rest of them look like (even bigger) clowns by association and have begun to :sever: ties with him in a flailing attempt to save face. But the fact that he still has a following of like four or five hundred thousand people even after years of being provably, hilariously wrong and deluded about everything is immensely disheartening. But hey, racism and sexism are still strong draws in 2021.

I knew that, and honestly it's shocking. It's a level of engagement with reality that's pretty surprising coming from this crowd. Like normally I'd expect the reaction to be 'Doomcock was right, and here's how.' Like it's very rare for right wing authoritarians to accept the obvious fact the Emperor is wearing no clothing. The normal SOP is to simply double down and offer some rambling diatribe on invisible textiles and how you're just not looking at it the right way.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Doctor Butts posted:

Just mimicking colors is not enough, what you need is the SUPERGRAPHIC SYSTEM.
https://hepcatshaven.com/2015/07/21/1974-supergraphic-system/

Alright, that is legitimately cool. I’m not a fan of the browns, but some of the black / grey combos and symmetrical designs are awesome!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I knew that, and honestly it's shocking. It's a level of engagement with reality that's pretty surprising coming from this crowd. Like normally I'd expect the reaction to be 'Doomcock was right, and here's how.' Like it's very rare for right wing authoritarians to accept the obvious fact the Emperor is wearing no clothing. The normal SOP is to simply double down and offer some rambling diatribe on invisible textiles and how you're just not looking at it the right way.

I mean it's still been hella fun watching the guy with the urinal helmet and secret Nazi alt account who's convinced Kathleen Kennedy is gonna be fired by Disney any day now go to war with the weedy ratfaced teenager who looked visibly upset live on stream when Zack Snyder said he didn't like racists who's also convinced that Kathleen Kennedy is going to be fired by Disney any day now because one thinks the other makes him look like a ridiculous rear end in a top hat by mere dint of association.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

MrUnderbridge posted:

Apparently Gutfield just said on Fox that Biden was a "pathological, shameless liar"

Holy poo poo the projection.

It's amazing how much this happens. Their guy does something stupid/bad and as soon as the other party steps in they immediately accuse them of doing the same. I'm kind of surprised they didn't try to paint Biden's inaugural as his own capitol riot complete with fireworks explosives

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Tree Dude posted:

There are a bunch of them. I've seen plenty of Blue and Red. Looked up this list when I saw a Gold.

I remember conservatives having a poo poo fit over a pot leaf on an american flag....gee, I wonder why no hate for these bastardizations of it.
On the up side, when i see someone with one of those flags or a sticker on their car, i know that person is a loving douche and avoid interacting with them

FlamingLiberal posted:

Hell, I posted that comic with the guy that brings home a nazi flag as a war trophy and his grandson ends up saluting it while being the stereotypical redneck. It got taken down and my account was temporarily suspended. figured i must have pissed off a nazi

nine-gear crow posted:

Well, it's not like we had a recent election that shows 70 million of the current population are complete morons

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 16, 2021

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

SocketWrench posted:

Hell, I posted that comic with the guy that brings home a nazi flag as a war trophy and his grandson ends up saluting it while being the stereotypical redneck. It got taken down and my account was temporarily suspended. figured i must have pissed off a nazi

You pissed off the algorithm. See this photo?

Yeah that one got me a week on the beach for "Nudity/Explicit Content". Apparently the phrase "dirty dog" also gets you dinged for bullying. That AI that loved Hitler and tweeted "gently caress me daddy" is what runs that department.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

King of right wing book publication - William Regnery - has died:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/william-regnery-dead-white-nationalist-millionaire-financier-richard-spencer_n_60f0f53ae4b01f118957ee93

https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1415836764527288323?s=20

Every accusation a confession.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jul 16, 2021

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Wait is he complaining about loving Keith Olbermann in 2021? It’s been like a decade since he was even at MSNBC.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

FlamingLiberal posted:

Wait is he complaining about loving Keith Olbermann in 2021? It’s been like a decade since he was even at MSNBC.

Same with Tucker :)

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

Every accusation a confession.

They have this thing where they basically turn everything inside out.

"Why won't you let honest American patriots discriminate against poor and minorities and people with alternate viewpoints? Isn't this a free county? Not letting American's refuse to provide good working conditions on their own shop floor sure sounds like communist authoritarianism to me," *cocks head like a dog staring at flies on a fresh turd*

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm reminded about how at the moment every right wing radio host has a bumper talking about "free speech" and especially Hannity's which is all "Where the First Amendment still means something" and then they turn around and talk about how CRT needs to be banned.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1416040726136246274?s=21

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

When I first saw that tweet I thought he was posting the original time Tucker did it haha

I think Laura Ingraham last night was saying there's no clinical reason to get the vaccine. And like Tucker she definitely got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
How is vaccination "personal" Jesus loving Christ