Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
^^^ efb :argh:

gandlethorpe posted:

I know some of those words

Genshin Impact: It takes fatties longer to get in the gently caress cloud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Harrow posted:

I wonder what my first 5* weapon will be, whenever one pops out of the standard banner.

I almost dread Wolf's Gravestone showing up because I'm taking the Crit Rate substat on the Serpent Spine for granted and having to actually get some crit rate from artifacts for Diluc sounds harder :v:

I got a Lost Prayer as my first for Ningguang, it was loving glorious. Normal attacks hit for 2-3k easy and it only goes up from there.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Dilemma:

I pulled Kazuha, and I also pull a new Sacrificial Sword.

My current sacrifical sword is R3 on XQ.

Do I level the Sac sword and put it on Kazuha, or do I refine the sac sword to R4 and level an iron sting on Kazuha

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jul 15, 2021

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The inazuma craftable sword is also decent.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Dilemma:

I pulled Kazuha, and I also pull a new Sacrificial Sword.

My current sacrifical sword is R3 on XQ.

Do I level the Sac sword and put it on Kazuha, or do I refine the sac sword to R4 and level an iron sting on Kazuha

The thing I'm seeing (correct me if I'm wrong here please!) is that if you're going to use Kaz as the only Anemo unit in the party, use the Sac Sword. Otherwise go for Iron Sting.

Also note that since XQ’s skill hits twice, that means an R3 Sac Sword only has a 16% chance of not getting that CD reset. An R4 has 9% chance, though it can happen 3 seconds sooner.

Does anyone know how this works with AoEs like Kaz’s skill? Is it just a single hit, or a single hit times the number of folks hit or something else?

Solkanar512 fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jul 15, 2021

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I just now realized that you can switch recipes for transmuting the ascension materials. I also learned to press L.

dogsicle posted:

I'm having that same thing i swear someone else was having, my VV farming is dropping a ton of ele%. got two identical phys% with atk%/crit/hp%/def% and a pyro% yesterday. also pulled out anime promising crit hat that can roll all into def%, no progress on Barb's maiden set or EM pieces
I went for my best 5* VV feather/blossom and then used 2 VV with ATK% primary stats and my last artifact as a 5* elemental mastery of any set.

After a week not seeing a single elemental mastery VV (not even 4*) I said gently caress it and leveled those artifacts up to 16. I'm done with Kazuha artifact farming for now, I've wasted enough on it.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Solkanar512 posted:

Does anyone know how this works with AoEs like Kaz’s skill? Is it just a single hit, or a single hit times the number of folks hit or something else?

From the wiki:

"Skills that deal AoE damage such as Venti's Skyward Sonnet are more likely to activate the passive if the skill hits multiple enemies."

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

So it's a fun thing that there's a community of mains for every character in this game basically and on occasion I like to poke a random character's subreddit to see what stupid poo poo people are doing.

https://old.reddit.com/r/XingqiuMains/comments/oj0t13/dps_xingqiu_19k_rain_sword/

It never really disappoints. People out here turning Xingqiu into a nuclear water gun.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

MarquiseMindfang posted:

From the wiki:

"Skills that deal AoE damage such as Venti's Skyward Sonnet are more likely to activate the passive if the skill hits multiple enemies."

Thanks!

Kale
May 14, 2010

Noticing that I can hit Level 50 on a battlepass for the first time if I were to get the Gnostic Hymn would I retroactively get all of the things that are locked by it? This time at least it kind of seems like it might be worth it. I also cleared the starglow cavern challenge so will be doing the Adventure Rank Ascension 2 quest and unlocking a whole bunch of stuff as well as upping the world level so I actually have use for things like lots of leveling materials, weapons, intertwined fates and primogems.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Maxed out my Mondstadt reputation and got my fancy wings :toot: Now to work on Liyue

Kale posted:

Noticing that I can hit Level 50 on a battlepass for the first time if I were to get the Gnostic Hymn would I retroactively get all of the things that are locked by it?

Yep, you'll get everything for any level you've unlocked.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Kale posted:

Noticing that I can hit Level 50 on a battlepass for the first time if I were to get the Gnostic Hymn would I retroactively get all of the things that are locked by it? This time at least it kind of seems like it might be worth it. I also cleared the starglow cavern challenge so will be doing the Adventure Rank Ascension 2 quest and unlocking a whole bunch of stuff as well as upping the world level so I actually have use for things like lots of leveling materials, weapons, intertwined fates and primogems.

Yes, you get everything retroactively.

It's normally very easy to hit the level 50 and then have more than a week where all the points you earn go to waste. Especially if you do the BP duration stuff, which is mostly tied to the events. I'd wait until the very end before resigning yourself for paying the extra $10

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

YoshiOfYellow posted:

So it's a fun thing that there's a community of mains for every character in this game basically and on occasion I like to poke a random character's subreddit to see what stupid poo poo people are doing.

https://old.reddit.com/r/XingqiuMains/comments/oj0t13/dps_xingqiu_19k_rain_sword/

It never really disappoints. People out here turning Xingqiu into a nuclear water gun.

For a second I was like, "I hit that all the time on his E...oh...rain swords."

That's awesome.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
Ayaya-ka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsCO7C416bs

mikemil828 fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jul 15, 2021

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

MarquiseMindfang posted:

From the wiki:

this is skill + burst but signs still point to this being a good choice for kaz

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
It's very brave of them to make Ayaka a quiet woman is serious and very dedicated to her job, but also sometimes just wants to relax and have fun.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I mean, ayaka is older than public Genshin, tbf

and you don't hire saomi haori unless you had that in mind

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
What the heck is up with her not even knowing those masks were part of a yearly festival? Does she have some dark secret or am I just misunderstanding the video?

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Solkanar512 posted:

What the heck is up with her not even knowing those masks were part of a yearly festival? Does she have some dark secret or am I just misunderstanding the video?

Two reasons:

1. It's implying that she's been studying etiquette, painting, calligraphy, tea ceremony, art of the sword, etc. so much she has never gotten to the topic of summer festivals and fun in general, something that you, the player, can enlighten her about.

2. It's to inform the viewer what the masks are for, and since heaven forbid the traveler actually speak, it is up to Ayaka to ask the question even though she probably should already know this.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Are there any Youtubers who do good/realistic analyses of new characters? I'm trying to decide whether to skip Ayaka but the "OMG Ayaka's going to be amazing PULL NOW!!" videos are already starting to get recommended to me, and she isn't even out yet. I'm curious if there's anyone who'll have a video after she releases that looks at how good/fun she actually is and isn't just pure hype.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well you probably need to wait for her to actually release

the recs people gave earlier when the general question of good youtubers came up would apply. dreamy, iwintolose, etc

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I did say "after she releases" :v:

Anyway cool, I'll check out their videos a while after she comes out

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Solkanar512 posted:

You're understanding the video as presented, yes. I would wager that the English translation isn't super accurate, because I agree that even if she's a sheltered princess, she'd still know about the yearly festival.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

her clan is in charge of managing festivals and cultural events/sites so it does sound like something's weird there

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If you're asking to pull for ayaka, you probably shouldn't pull for ayaka. 90 percent of people are pulling her because she is older than genshin.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Pull for Ayaka if:
  • You think she looks cool
  • You want a good Cryo DPS and either don't have Ganyu or don't like Ganyu's playstyle
  • You don't want want Yoimiya

Of course wait to make full judgments until she comes out. A lot of people weren't keen on Kazuha until he actually came out and the trial run really did a good job of selling him to everyone.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

People were on the fence on kazuha because he was not a waifu or an archon

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Pulling for girls lol

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Harrow posted:

Are there any Youtubers who do good/realistic analyses of new characters? I'm trying to decide whether to skip Ayaka but the "OMG Ayaka's going to be amazing PULL NOW!!" videos are already starting to get recommended to me, and she isn't even out yet. I'm curious if there's anyone who'll have a video after she releases that looks at how good/fun she actually is and isn't just pure hype.

TenTen is pretty good as well. In depth stuff.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Pull for Ayaka if:
  • You think she looks cool
  • You want a good Cryo DPS and either don't have Ganyu or don't like Ganyu's playstyle
  • You don't want want Yoimiya

Of course wait to make full judgments until she comes out. A lot of people weren't keen on Kazuha until he actually came out and the trial run really did a good job of selling him to everyone.

• You want Ningguang

To be honest though, I think Yoimiya looks more fun. The fireworks burst is really cool looking.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Yoimiya is an auto-atttacker dps so prepare your fingers

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Oh drat, apparently hit pity on the standard banner in the midst of ascending some people and got a Lost Prayer thrown at me. This thing is like the best catalyst for about everyone isn't it?

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Oh drat, apparently hit pity on the standard banner in the midst of ascending some people and got a Lost Prayer thrown at me. This thing is like the best catalyst for about everyone isn't it?

Hell yes it is!

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I really dig the BGM of the current exploration/sailing web event. Would prefer it be ingame but eh.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

As per usual, I get this shiny book the day after the ascension mat is farmable.

Anyways I have too many drat projects I want to work on because now I'm inclined to put some work into my C3 Ningguang for that Geo Team I wanna get going. Conveniently she wants the same artifacts that I already had on Geo Traveler, so that's nice at least.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

iirc the deal with 5* catalysts is they're pretty comparable in power, though you have disparities like Skyward having a strong and consistent baseline while Prayer and Dust both require ramp up on their passives (Prayer moreso) that can also expire. big benefit to Prayer is it's got a lot of crit% to enable a better crit ratio over other weapons.

but also keep in mind Dodoco Tales is competitive with R1 5* for the actual DPS casters, and supports are going to look at entirely different weapon choices for the most part.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Harrow posted:

the "OMG Ayaka's going to be amazing PULL NOW!!" videos are already starting to get recommended to me, and she isn't even out yet. I'm curious if there's anyone who'll have a video after she releases that looks at how good/fun she actually is and isn't just pure hype.

KeqingMains fired up a youtube channel and they have the only decent look at Kazuha I've found. Their stream was really helpful in seeing realistic Eula while youtube was busy with "FOUR MILLION DAMAGE?!?" videos. Pre-release is always going to be a hype machine (especially since vicariously watching whales pull is a thing) but I wouldn't expect any different after the fact. Clickbait hype is the money train and evaluating a character at C0 with 4* stuff is boring.

Basically whenever youtube pops up a big all-caps video about how great <new_character> is I remind myself that there is a video with a thumbnail proclaiming "Xinyan is SSS tier".

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mailer posted:

Basically whenever youtube pops up a big all-caps video about how great <new_character> is I remind myself that there is a video with a thumbnail proclaiming "Xinyan is SSS tier".

Oh I gotta find this one

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Harrow posted:

Oh I gotta find this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ucBLJJZYE

Aged like a fine milk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

I'm still pretty new at this game, but uh... why can't I craft this?