Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Am I the stupidest woman in the world? Probably, because when I went out to the garage to measure it, I found that my husband had placed it on top of a wooden bookshelf that's exactly the right size... we just moved within the last month to a bigger house and ended up with some hand-me-down furniture that's just been hanging around until we find a place for it. It didn't even occur to me to look out there.

Anyway, the dimensions are about 11 inches deep, 30 inches long, and 12 inches high.

Can't say for certain, but the screen top on that tank looks like what you'd typically see on a reptile tank, which aren't designed to hold water. Also looks like maybe a gap in the trim in the back right corner? Definitely fill that up with water outdoors and let it sit for several days before you take it inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Enos Cabell posted:

Can't say for certain, but the screen top on that tank looks like what you'd typically see on a reptile tank, which aren't designed to hold water. Also looks like maybe a gap in the trim in the back right corner? Definitely fill that up with water outdoors and let it sit for several days before you take it inside.

Great - now they have a suitable stand for the tank, but the tank is not suitable.

Better look in the other garage.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I had a reptile tank that sold as an aquarium, but even then, the aquarium thread told me “not worth the risk that it’s not long-term watertight when you can get a new one for under fifty dollars”. I agree.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Great - now they have a suitable stand for the tank, but the tank is not suitable.

Better look in the other garage.

A Garage of Holding. an Extra-dimensional space that connects to the void between realities. There is always something new and different when you open the door, as lost and missing objects that have slipped through the cracks of reality have a tendency to find their way into that garage.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Johnny Aztec posted:

A Garage of Holding. an Extra-dimensional space that connects to the void between realities. There is always something new and different when you open the door, as lost and missing objects that have slipped through the cracks of reality have a tendency to find their way into that garage.

I will build myself a copper tower
With four ways out and no way in
But mine the glory, mine the power.

e: Tangentially related as it was virtual construction, but crappy nonetheless; that bit of poem often pops into my mind and reminds me of the time I tried to program an outhouse in Inform 6, and managed just fine except somehow it was possible to go in the actual seat (not for any purpose except perfectionism), but not come out. (I think the poem is quoted in some Inform 6 documentation, or else I have no idea where I know it from.)

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jul 15, 2021

Wanderless
Apr 30, 2009

Johnny Aztec posted:

This explains so much.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Johnny Aztec posted:

So that's why I've got all those flies

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Platystemon posted:

I had a reptile tank that sold as an aquarium, but even then, the aquarium thread told me “not worth the risk that it’s not long-term watertight when you can get a new one for under fifty dollars”. I agree.

Or just look on Craigslist or equivalent for one a budding hobbyist now wants to get rid of.

Could just get a reptile.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Or just look on Craigslist or equivalent for one a budding hobbyist now wants to get rid of.

At this point that does seems like the natural conclusion of the saga.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Maybe they have one in the shed or attic

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I thought that encouraging self harm was against the rules.

smax
Nov 9, 2009

Am I the stupidest woman in the world? Probably, because when I went out to the garage to measure it, I found that my husband had placed it on top of a wooden bookshelf that's exactly the right size... we just moved within the last month to a bigger house and ended up with some hand-me-down furniture that's just been hanging around until we find a place for it. It didn't even occur to me to look out there.

Anyway, the dimensions are about 11 inches deep, 30 inches long, and 12 inches high.

I’d be hesitant to use a bookshelf like that, to be honest. They aren’t necessarily designed to hold that much weight on top, and can buckle pretty catastrophically.

Also, check the material it’s made of. If it’s anything other than solid wood or plywood it might melt if it gets wet.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

As many people suggested/suspected, you have a "20 long" and there are many options for stands if you find you nee something else.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Breeder tanks have a purpose, but long tanks are an affront to man and beast. Height is practically free real estate.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Platystemon posted:

Breeder tanks have a purpose, but long tanks are an affront to man and beast. Height is practically free real estate.
Wasted real estate in some cases. Give me more square footage for landscaping. Our planted tank was a 20 long, lots of space for plants, and we didn't need to send the light of a thousand suns down through a deep tank.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I will build myself a copper tower
With four ways out and no way in
But mine the glory, mine the power.

Thank you so much for introducing me to that poem.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

A good dump

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZEA0rb6

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Not on this toilet.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Thank you so much for introducing me to that poem.

:tipshat:

pannenkoek2012's toilet.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

By popular demand posted:

Not on this toilet.

Not with that attitude.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lmao they don't know about the 1½ seashells!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Lmao they don't know about the 1½ seashells!

I appreciate that you took the time to copy-paste the ½ character for this joke instead of writing 1/2, although I have to say that level of craftsmanship is perhaps inappropriate considering the thread's subject matter.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I appreciate that you took the time to copy-paste the ½ character for this joke instead of writing 1/2, although I have to say that level of craftsmanship is perhaps inappropriate considering the thread's subject matter.

I used the § cum ½ key on my keyboard.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

You finns have keyboards light years ahead of this lame-o qwerty.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

By popular demand posted:

You finns have keyboards light years ahead of this lame-o qwerty.

ASDSADASDASD.XLSX has nothing on ÖLKÖLKÖLKÖLK.XSLX :mmmhmm:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Motronic posted:

As many people suggested/suspected, you have a "20 long" and there are many options for stands if you find you nee something else.

This.

Also, though it looks to me that it’s a real aquarium from that shot, if there is any question that it might be a reptile enclosure, go get a different tank. The risk of a blown tank seal just ain’t worth it, especially with a smaller tank like that. Even at full price a brand new 20L is $50. Most (possibly all) aquarium manufacturers put a tag under the bottom tucked into the trim and siliconed in place. Should be visible from the top, looking down. If there isn’t one, I’d avoid using it for holding water above the 1/4 full line.

Petco does $1-a-gallon sales pretty frequently and you can get whatever size you want from a (I think they’re selling Aqueons right now) reputable manufacturer. (The retailer of course leaves something to be desired.)

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

MrYenko posted:

This.

Also, though it looks to me that it’s a real aquarium from that shot, if there is any question that it might be a reptile enclosure, go get a different tank. The risk of a blown tank seal just ain’t worth it, especially with a smaller tank like that. Even at full price a brand new 20L is $50. Most (possibly all) aquarium manufacturers put a tag under the bottom tucked into the trim and siliconed in place. Should be visible from the top, looking down. If there isn’t one, I’d avoid using it for holding water above the 1/4 full line.

Petco does $1-a-gallon sales pretty frequently and you can get whatever size you want from a (I think they’re selling Aqueons right now) reputable manufacturer. (The retailer of course leaves something to be desired.)

They’re doing like $1.25/gal right now on Aqueon glass tanks if you buy online and pickup in store. I wouldn’t risk my floors and carpets over ~$30

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

3D Megadoodoo posted:

you have a cum key

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Dareon posted:

you have a cum key

:f5:

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Dareon posted:

you have a cum key

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That is a lie! This key will never cum no matter how much you stroke it.

:negative:

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Dareon posted:

you have a cum key

it's attached to the keyboard with some kind of goop

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Cheater.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Dareon posted:

you have a cum key

Computer: “Press the clitoris key.”

Men:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 16, 2021

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Platystemon posted:

Computer: “Press the clitoris key.”

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Ahhh the good ol clit-mouse

Geaelith
Jan 14, 2017

"And this is the half bath"

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Where's the half bath

e: godammit

Splicer fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jul 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

dwarf74 posted:

Ahhh the good ol clit-mouse

It was bright red so that all the :reject: could find it.