Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Yeah, though like I've said before Barca won't face any repercussions for this as they will find money or a loophole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
messi is now an employee of the city of barcelona, running outreach programs for the local football concern

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1415359418246615042

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Lol Barca are such a shitshow

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Speaking of Lolverpool, I'm getting the feeling that the only incoming transfer we're going to see is Konate. They need to replace Wijnaldum, but unless there's some amazing outgoing deals going on, I don't see the necessary expenditure happening.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Eric Cantonese posted:

Speaking of Lolverpool, I'm getting the feeling that the only incoming transfer we're going to see is Konate. They need to replace Wijnaldum, but unless there's some amazing outgoing deals going on, I don't see the necessary expenditure happening.

I have a funny feeling that the club sees Thiago as a preemptive replacement for Wijnaldum, and so instead of buying a new player they'll just have starting midfield of Henderson/Thiago/Fabinho and then hope that some combination of Keita/AOC/Jones/Milner/Shaq is enough for backup.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

vyelkin posted:

I have a funny feeling that the club sees Thiago as a preemptive replacement for Wijnaldum, and so instead of buying a new player they'll just have starting midfield of Henderson/Thiago/Fabinho and then hope that some combination of Keita/AOC/Jones/Milner/Shaq is enough for backup.

honestly if jones keeps developing well and keita stays healthy that isn't a bad group. it isn't like they're replacing gini for cheap.

they could do to bring in another guy though, maybe some kid from <lower table team> for like 25 mil who magically develops into a world class midfielder and then leaves on a bosman.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

bewbies posted:

honestly if jones keeps developing well and keita stays healthy that isn't a bad group. it isn't like they're replacing gini for cheap.

they could do to bring in another guy though, maybe some kid from <lower table team> for like 25 mil who magically develops into a world class midfielder and then leaves on a bosman.

Stay away from Matheus Pereira please

Idk if he really fits the Wijnaldum mold but the point remains

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Basically they're looking for Florian Neuhaus

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Current rumour has us linked to Barella for £60m

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jul 14, 2021

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Really loved Belotti when he was at Palermo, but I don't really see him making the big step up. Sub top in Italy seems like his max.

Barella though, think he could walk onto most teams

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

I think I'm got names mixed up

We are in for Barella for €60m.

And not in for Belotti

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Belotti is exactly at his level at Torino anyway. Anyone who buys him will overpay.

I don’t think Inter will sell Barella unless they can’t offload some of the crap. They already made a nice profit off Hakimi and I imagine they won’t be covering Eriksen’s salary next year.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

I imagine they won’t be covering Eriksen’s salary next year.

Oh yeah :smith:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

Belotti is exactly at his level at Torino anyway. Anyone who buys him will overpay.

I don’t think Inter will sell Barella unless they can’t offload some of the crap. They already made a nice profit off Hakimi and I imagine they won’t be covering Eriksen’s salary next year.

Heartless bastards

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Heartless bastards

easy, easy now

The storyline had been that if Inter sold Hakimi for a poo poo ton of money they wouldn't need to sell any of their other star players. If they do sell Barella that probably means their financial situation is even more hosed than they're letting on.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Surely eriksens due his full wages? I’m sure his lawyers could argue the fault here is inters medical team missing the fact that he had a massive heart problem in the first place and the liability is with them?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Surely eriksens due his full wages? I’m sure his lawyers could argue the fault here is inters medical team missing the fact that he had a massive heart problem in the first place and the liability is with them?

I meant more that Inter's insurance policy is probably going to pay that out as opposed to the club.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1415452926903001090

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

I meant more that Inter's insurance policy is probably going to pay that out as opposed to the club.

Yeah I remember reading with Abou Diaby that after a player is out for a certain amount of time an insurer picks up the check, although I don’t think it’s the full amount due.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

That guy gets posted way too much here. His tweets are mostly horseshit.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Vegetable posted:

That guy gets posted way too much here. His tweets are mostly horseshit.

Romano’s tweets are mostly bullshit?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Romano’s tweets are mostly bullshit?

Veg's monitor was off.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I'd say Romano's tweets are by a large margin vague nonsense filler that riles up his fans. But when he commits to something he's usually right about it.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Ready for SAUL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTiMOsMsv2I

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

In a financial bind and need an emergency transfer to reduce the wage bill? Better call Saul!

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Arsenal’s 30m wonderkid William Saliba is going on loan for the third straight season, this time to Marseille.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Ryan Bertrand has gone from Southampton to Leicester on a free

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57849564

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Apparently alioskis decided to sign for galatasaray which hasn't gone down well in Leeds as you can imagine. He'll have a lovely time in Turkey though, feel like it's a bit of a step down in quality when he can still go imo

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

blue footed boobie posted:

Yeah I remember reading with Abou Diaby that after a player is out for a certain amount of time an insurer picks up the check, although I don’t think it’s the full amount due.

when i was googling a bit about this, it ofc depends on the nation but ultimately it seems like it will depend on if he retires or not

muamba, with obvious parallels, retired a few months after his incident, with the insurer picking up the tab for bolton

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Karl Sharks posted:

when i was googling a bit about this, it ofc depends on the nation but ultimately it seems like it will depend on if he retires or not

muamba, with obvious parallels, retired a few months after his incident, with the insurer picking up the tab for bolton

I think it depends on what kind of insurance they buy. I also saw that some guys get bought out of their contracts by the insurer when their injuries are career-ending, so that may be why some players retire quickly.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
does this count as a liverpool transfer

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Arsenal apparently interested in Tammy Abraham.

gently caress off football.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Abraham is pretty good and would do well at a mid table team

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

He’s not worth £50m

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Bape Culture posted:

He’s not worth £50m

Footballers (especially English ones) rarely are worth what they actually go for.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Arsenal who has a £46.5 striker stuck on the bench with one of the league's best goals per minute record is buying a new striker. Right.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Vegetable posted:

Arsenal who has a £46.5 striker stuck on the bench with one of the league's best goals per minute record is buying a new striker. Right.

They just loaned out a £30m defender so they could spend £50m on a new defender OP.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1462524/Liverpool-transfers-Saul-Niguez-Jurgen-Klopp-Atletico-Madrid-Divock-Origi-Xherdan-Shaqiri

this is like a fantasy football trade where you offer two bad players for one good player

also that seems pretty cheap for saul either way, am i thinking he is better than he actually is?

bewbies fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jul 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

bewbies posted:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1462524/Liverpool-transfers-Saul-Niguez-Jurgen-Klopp-Atletico-Madrid-Divock-Origi-Xherdan-Shaqiri

this is like a fantasy football trade where you offer two bad players for one good player

also that seems pretty cheap for saul either way, am i thinking he is better than he actually is?

jesus christ that article reminded me that we paid £41 million for Christian Benteke :negative: