Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Wake me up when someone runs a DiGiorno through a planer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RddXgdelQk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Dang, I always wondered how they made thin crust pizza.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Hope that's a food-grade grinding wheel.

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!

Wingnut Ninja posted:

When people inevitably got injured by this, did management just toss them in a pile out back and hire new ones?

"Oh, they weren't using the equipment properly and definitely weren't told to do that by their bosses, their fault, unemployment denied."

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

It's OK. It's not a food-grade pizza.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

mobby_6kl posted:

Grinder and restraint make me the baker I ain't

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I'm kinda concerned about the dust actually.

It might be harmless, but after it took so long for silica/silicosis to be recognized, I 'aint waiting to see when charcoal makes it up there.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Got a bad case of black lung while doing time in the pizza mines.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I think people are confusing two different bits of machinery.

Cartoon Man posted:

Guilty, Toys R Us stockroom in ‘99…

It's a fireable offence to ride these generally.

Riding one of these is one of the 3 acceptable modes of operation as taught by Raymond & Crown's own training programs. Depending on how yours are tuned they can go pretty fast for a thing that weighs a few tons unloaded. Mind your head if you're unloading trucks or doing rack work.

There's also these, mostly used for delivery. Having to walk behind the few ton thing makes me more nervous than the riding the other thing.

E: For a little OSHA, the 3 modes of operation for a riding jack are 1, riding 2, walking 3 coast

nomad2020 fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 14, 2021

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I wetsand all of my food to 2000 grit. It's a bit of work, but hey, goes down smooth.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

who would have thought that Raymonds and Crowns have completely different controls?

I prefer Crown, Raymond drivers eat my dust

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

nomad2020 posted:

Good thing my Manager on duty at Toys R Us often took her lunch break at the local ABC store.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Scholtz posted:

I wetsand all of my food to 2000 grit. It's a bit of work, but hey, goes down smooth.
Isn't this just called chewing?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Hook this guy up with the mestre da pizza and watch the magic happen.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/RlCKYRAGE/status/1415029389033570307

deja vu dot mp3

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Probably cuz he could hear the overdub

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/cxSeF98.gifv

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

I've been on a mountain route bus in japan and it was intense, also sheer cliffs overlooking the ocean in parts. the driver was elite as hell imo.

Objective Action
Jun 10, 2007

nomad2020 posted:

I think people are confusing two different bits of machinery.

I have absolutely surfed a pallet jack out to a hangar with >$1M of hardware on the tines. MIC don't give a fuuuuuck.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

It's not delivery. It's DiJoiner.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

LifeSunDeath posted:

I've been on a mountain route bus in japan and it was intense, also sheer cliffs overlooking the ocean in parts. the driver was elite as hell imo.

Yeah, I would ride with that guy through the gates of hell.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think the last time that showed up, someone said the audio was fake and the video was sped up.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
was about to ask that.

I think that was a different video that was just speed up though.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Cojawfee posted:

I think the last time that showed up, someone said the audio was fake and the video was sped up.

I refuse to believe its faked.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/h85pi4L.mp4

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I wonder how many languages I will this clip “translated” into over my life.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

That is some real deal Sully piloting right there

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Cojawfee posted:

100% fake audio and greatly sped up. Original speed & audio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq7IopVw8r8

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

That actually happened to me at a job where we were canning ether for starting fluid. Cans kept rubbing on the line at one point and before I could hit the stop button, they bunched up, and one popped and spun around and got me right in the face. Apparently I hit the stop button, and stumbled out of the room onto the lawn. The OSHA guy fed me some milk, and then sent me to walk home with my bike.

I barely remember the rest of that day, and every room I went into reeked overwhelmingly of ether.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kinda surprised you stayed conscious honestly. They used to use that stuff as a general anaesthetic.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

That fart of fire at the end is both terrifying and hilarious.

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Wingnut Ninja posted:

When people inevitably got injured by this, did management just toss them in a pile out back and hire new ones?

Surprisingly enough no. This was back when the oil patch was running full steam so unemployment qas at like 2% or some stupidly low number and you couldn't find anyone looking for work. Besides, you could get $16 bucks an hour to work a till at a fried xhicken shack,so why would you want to work in a lovely warehouse for less?

Needless to say we were critically understaffed (when I left they had a 90% turn over rate and there was serious talk about striking) which is basically the only reason every day wasn't a mass casualty event.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

The Lone Badger posted:

Kinda surprised you stayed conscious honestly. They used to use that stuff as a general anaesthetic.

Oh I lost consciousness. I woke up on the lawn outside the building gasping for air.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6884263855816477958

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

just an idea but they should put something like wheels or skis under it

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

other people posted:

You must not be British.
https://www.pen-and-sword.co.uk/blog/david-hobbs-british-aircraft-carrier-design-that-led-the-world-part-1/

quote:

Mr Lewis Boddington, Head Scientist at the Naval Aircraft Department, NAD, at the Royal Aircraft Establishment, RAE, at Farnborough recommended transferring the pneumatic absorption of deck landing stresses from the aircraft to the carrier, in other words operating aircraft that had no undercarriages. His concept was based on the logic that catapults and arrester wires, the other devices that allowed short take-offs and landings, were built into the carrier and not the aircraft. The idea had the additional merit that the airframes of fighters without undercarriages would be some 15% lighter than their conventional equivalents and this could be translated into higher performance. The obvious drawback was the inability of aircraft without wheels to move under their own power after landing either on a carrier deck or an airfield ashore. The Admiralty was sufficiently interested in this potential solution to devote money, manpower and resources to evaluate to it during a period of severe post-war austerity.

quote:

A flexible deck, more commonly referred to as a rubber deck, was built ashore at Farnborough onto which aircraft were to fly a low, flat approach well above the aircraft’s stalling speed to pass just over the rubber deck with their arrester hook down. The pilot was to treat each approach as a potential miss until he felt the retardation as his hook took the single arrester wire rigged across the deck. Shore trials were flown by Lieutenant Commander Eric ‘Winkle’ Brown DSC AFC RN who flew a modified Vampire prototype, TG 286, and several specially modified naval Sea Vampire F 21s. These had conventional undercarriages but were specially built with strengthened fuselages capable of withstanding the impact of wheels-up landings. The rubber deck was raised about 2 feet above the surrounding surface and the ideal approach height was difficult for pilots to judge. Both TG 286 and the rubber deck were damaged on one occasion when it dropped too low but the landings were generally considered successful enough to move on to trials at s

quote:

In 1948 HMS Warrior was fitted with a rubber deck made out of hosepipes laid across a steel frame over the conventional flight deck between the two lifts. They were filled with compressed air and covered by a rubber membrane on which the aircraft landed and the surface was lubricated for landings by hosing fresh water onto it

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

other people posted:

https://twitter.com/fighterpics/status/1415163679302094854

boss, they didn't send us enough wheels

ah I'm sure it'll be fine.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
https://i.imgur.com/Rftv3Vz.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/8JdVyPN.gifv