Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ex Mods Poll Opinions (+current IK +current mod)
This poll is closed.
Relax or Die: i'll tell you what it is: posting theft 10 0.07%
ShallNoiseUpon: i have reported oddium for stealing posting valor i hope the moderators will sort this out post haste 14 0.09%
Cheetah7071: more like snoreson smells 18 0.12%
Oddium: no poll for solidarity with mobile users 36 0.24%
Metis: I promise never to interfere in poll results 15001 99.46%
Hmmmmmm. 4 0.03%
Total: 15083 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
hey I guess I should pay more attention when everyone says something owns because Slay The Spire definitely Owns

pretty good experience on Switch

also ladies and gentlemen we got him *picture of Sword Saint appears in corner of screen*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Monkey Fracas posted:

hey I guess I should pay more attention when everyone says something owns because Slay The Spire definitely Owns

pretty good experience on Switch

also ladies and gentlemen we got him *picture of Sword Saint appears in corner of screen*

congrats on not hesitating and not getting defeated

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
http://www.deater.net/weave/vmwprod/mist/

Myst De-Make

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Rarity posted:

SMTV looking ridiculously gorgeous. Like too good to be a video game gorgeous

wait, they're remaking smash tv? link?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

No, no, it's Super Mario TV. They're rebooting the Super Mario Bros. Super Show

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
sid meier's television, the 4x game about taking over the media industry

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

wuggles posted:

congrats on not hesitating and not getting defeated

decided not to do New Game+ so I could see how everything feels with your "default" health/attack power first

I'm tearin' it up on second playthrough currently so they have successfully made a game where your familiarity with the core skillset really translates to more or less every challenge they lay out and I love it

also really helps to know which tools to use where and the weird little ins and outs of certain areas/bosses

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

heh, whoopsies

I clicked on Wario's twitter to look at the OLED Switch pre-orders

and there was a link to the disc version of the PS5 so I said "let's click this. what's the worst that can happen"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Monkey Fracas posted:

decided not to do New Game+ so I could see how everything feels with your "default" health/attack power first

I'm tearin' it up on second playthrough currently so they have successfully made a game where your familiarity with the core skillset really translates to more or less every challenge they lay out and I love it

also really helps to know which tools to use where and the weird little ins and outs of certain areas/bosses

if you do a ng+ theres a ng+ only mode where blocking does chip damage and theh increased damage means blocking basically equals a full ng hit so u have to perfect parry everything it pwns.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

wuggles posted:

heh, whoopsies

and there was a link to the disc version of the PS5 so I said "let's click this. what's the worst that can happen"

I don't think the Switch OLED is available for pre-order yet is it?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Is Slay the Spire decent on phone? Seems like that'd be a really good type of game to be able to play mobile but I don't know how the port is.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Stux posted:

if you do a ng+ theres a ng+ only mode where blocking does chip damage and theh increased damage means blocking basically equals a full ng hit so u have to perfect parry everything it pwns.

:eng101: This actually unlocks for non NG+ saves once you beat the game, so you can play a completely unleveled Sekiro with chip damage on block!

It's... real fuckin' hard!

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I said come in! posted:

I don't think the Switch OLED is available for pre-order yet is it?

It will be at 3pm EST today, the landing pages are up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

wuggles posted:

It will be at 3pm EST today, the landing pages are up.

I'm glad I asked, I just kinda assumed there wouldn't even be pre-orders. Gonna try to get one, but I am like 99% positive it'll be impossible. All of the pre-orders will be up on ebay for a 300% markup.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The demand doesn’t really seem to be crazy so you might have a chance

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I was about to say I can't remember the last time I undocked my switch but I think I've just subconsciously convinced myself I don't want to play it undocked and forgotten the actual reason, which is that my joycon drift is so bad it's unplayable, but I play it so often I'm not willing to send it to Nintendo for two months or whatever to get fixed

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dewgy posted:

:eng101: This actually unlocks for non NG+ saves once you beat the game, so you can play a completely unleveled Sekiro with chip damage on block!

Me:

this will knock that damned Me down a few pegs he heh heh

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Buy new, colorful joycons and fix the other pair yourself

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I said come in! posted:

I'm glad I asked, I just kinda assumed there wouldn't even be pre-orders. Gonna try to get one, but I am like 99% positive it'll be impossible. All of the pre-orders will be up on ebay for a 300% markup.

Best Buy also has bundles with Dread (not the steelbook sadly)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Anti capitalist move would be buy new ones in your current color from Walmart and put your old ones in the box and return them saying they’re broken

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I was about to say I can't remember the last time I undocked my switch but I think I've just subconsciously convinced myself I don't want to play it undocked and forgotten the actual reason, which is that my joycon drift is so bad it's unplayable, but I play it so often I'm not willing to send it to Nintendo for two months or whatever to get fixed

buy a repair kit for 20 bucks on amazon or whatever and fix 'em up!

only things that could go weird if you've never popped any teeny quasi-user-serviceable electronics open before are:

-not knowing how to flip the little zero-insert-force connectors open and closed when you're moving ribbon cables around
-stripping the tiny plastic screwbosses or screw heads by screwing the tiny tiny screws in too hard

watch a tutorial and see what you think

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Dewgy posted:

wowo i didnt know it was for any save that owns

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I don’t look much at the Switch thread but I had a hearty lol at the new title.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://www.steamdeck.com/en/

This... Actually seems like it could be really cool. After whatever the hell Steam Machines were though I'll reserve judgement until it's out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

stev posted:

https://www.steamdeck.com/en/

This... Actually seems like it could be really cool. After whatever the hell Steam Machines were though I'll reserve judgement until it's out.

The stated resolution is 1280 x 800px?????????????????

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

The stated resolution is 1280 x 800px?????????????????

guess that's how they're making it run poo poo

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

1280x800 LCD, 64gb internal memory on the base model and one of the worst control layouts on a handheld for $400 feels like a lot of compromises to make this happen for that base price. Also dock sold seperately.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

njsykora posted:

1280x800 LCD, 64gb internal memory on the base model and one of the worst control layouts on a handheld for $400 feels like a lot of compromises to make this happen for that base price. Also dock sold seperately.

Yeah I am trying to wrap my brain around that control layout, it looks super uncomfortable.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
lol at the part in the ad when they're controlling Portal with the tiny trackpad

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I kind of like that touchpad on the right side of the device for your thumb

looks neat and like something I'll never buy because I already have a laptop and I'd rather have a device I can alt+tab to and fro with

e: wait a sec, you can hook it up to a monitor and use it as a PC. how does this thing not fry itself

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

e: wait a sec, you can hook it up to a monitor and use it as a PC. how does this thing not fry itself

Probably because most of that case thickness is heatsink and fan based on what I know of compact PC design.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

wuggles posted:

heh, whoopsies

heh

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

njsykora posted:

Probably because most of that case thickness is heatsink and fan based on what I know of compact PC design.

my newer laptop sounds like it's about to take off the tarmac

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I kind of like that touchpad on the right side of the device for your thumb

looks neat and like something I'll never buy because I already have a laptop and I'd rather have a device I can alt+tab to and fro with

I keep thinking about buying a gaming-capable laptop but I just can't justify it because the Switch does well enough at portable gaming and I already have a gaming PC that I've put money into

maybe next big PC overhaul I'll look around more

real salient hardware question to me currently is what point in time buying a PS5 becomes attractive- Bloodborne and a few other games got me to buy a PS4 a few years after launch when they got the Slim variant out and the price dropped but I'm not seeing a game like that on the PS5 yet and now even more stuff is getting a simultaneous PC release anyways

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

This is cool af and I like how the speedrun requires switching to disk 2 solely for the switch outside of the channelwood cabin

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

FirstAidKite posted:

This is cool af and I like how the speedrun requires switching to disk 2 solely for the switch outside of the channelwood cabin

Bring me blue page files

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Monkey Fracas posted:

I keep thinking about buying a gaming-capable laptop but I just can't justify it because the Switch does well enough at portable gaming and I already have a gaming PC that I've put money into

maybe next big PC overhaul I'll look around more

real salient hardware question to me currently is what point in time buying a PS5 becomes attractive- Bloodborne and a few other games got me to buy a PS4 a few years after launch when they got the Slim variant out and the price dropped but I'm not seeing a game like that on the PS5 yet and now even more stuff is getting a simultaneous PC release anyways

sony are going to do more pc ports soo if youre able to wait probably never

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

lmao that's great

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The maze I'm at in Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remasterhas disabled the automap, so I'm gonna have to draw it out like in "the old days"...

I actually have graph paper handy since I find it easier to write on than standard lined notebooks

This is rad

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jul 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
my mom had myst and i wasted all my hints on the first puzzle i found and basically gave up forever. i still appreciated that de-make for committing so well. loved seeing them recreating the actual screens all low res style

edit: drat i wonder if im smart enough to beat myst now

edit2: how long is myst? could you do a blind playthrough in a few hours in a race against a friend in an evening?