Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Renegret posted:

NY Costcos don't sell alcohol.

Ours has an attached liquor store but it doesn't carry Kirkland brand booze so it's pointless.

Most don't, but they got an NY liquor license in 2016 so the Oceanside, NY location actually has Kirkland branded booze. Just that location though thanks to another dumb state law

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin
Going back to pickle talk, the Grillo's Pickles they sell in the meats/cheeses section are exquisite

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

schreibs posted:

This is the same in Texas and I hate it. Also, cant even buy beer before noon on god's day because of reasons.

Wisconsin would riot.

You NEED beer to watch the Packers on Sunday at noon.

fizzymercury posted:

My Chicago dog is holding a bottle of ketchup because I thought it would be hilarious but it's just gotten me yelled at by Chicagoland punks :(

:stare:

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 15, 2021

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Wisconsin would riot.

You NEED beer to watch the Packers on Sunday at noon.

:stare:

Every football fan in Georgia knows that you stock up on Saturday eavening.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Cyrano4747 posted:

Every football fan in Georgia knows that you stock up on Saturday eavening.

Yeah but we go through Saturday's beer and need more. :confused:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yeah but we go through Saturday's beer and need more. :confused:

This is why you have a costco membership.

Bulk purchasing.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Cyrano4747 posted:

This is why you have a costco membership.

Bulk purchasing.

I'm still not understanding this concept.

You need more beer on Sunday.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Grillos are dope, shrimp ceviche is dope. Bless

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Related my local costco has guiness in stock seasonally, and it usually dries up in the early-mid spring (say around March). I loving love Guinness so I always stock up around then and try to make it last.

This last time I had something like 3 or 4 cases in the cart and the old (as in actually elderly) lady at the checkout gave me a really stern look and said "I hope you're having a party."

I got beer shamed by the costco checkout lady. :laffo:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

fizzymercury posted:

It should upset you that we have matching tattoos.

My Chicago dog is holding a bottle of ketchup because I thought it would be hilarious but it's just gotten me yelled at by Chicagoland punks :(

I have to assume anybody with a Chicago hot dog tattoo is a Naked Raygun fan.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

I'm still not understanding this concept.

You need more beer on Sunday.

I think it's a Midwestern thing. As someone who's lived in Michigan his whole life, you need more beer on Sunday. When they lifted the Sunday early purchase limit in MI, we all gave the Lions a few more years to get their poo poo together

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

bagmonkey posted:

I think it's a Midwestern thing. As someone who's lived in Michigan his whole life, you need more beer on Sunday. When they lifted the Sunday early purchase limit in MI, we all gave the Lions a few more years to get their poo poo together

I have some bad news about a few more years. :(

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Going to costco in an hour or two. Current recommendations for:

-good fresh fruit
-good sources of protein

Please :)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Frozen boneless chicken breasts and please.... please..... Normandy blend vegetables. Just toss a handful in a pot and in 10 minutes you have nice veggies for dinner. :)

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

redreader posted:

-good fresh fruit
-good sources of protein

Dogs

Onions

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

are the kirkland chicken bone broth cartons any good?

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

redreader posted:

-good fresh fruit
-good sources of protein

their avocados are usually on point though they may take a few days to ripen. i like their apples, good texture and little to no bruising. berries are good. you can get a giant clamshell for what smaller ones cost at regular grocery stores.

i used to have an issue with fruit developing mold, didnt matter where i bought them from. i now rinse berries and unripe pineapple with 50/50 vinegar/water, let it sit for 15 mins, rinse with tap, then store. for unripe pineapples that sit on my counter a few days, i repeat again every other day or so. ive noticed that my berries last longer in the fridge with a vinegar rinse.

a gallon of vinegar is about $3-4 at costco. it’s in the aisle with oil.

edit: i haven’t bought korean pears from costco in a long time but i remember being PLEASANTLY surprised the last time i did. they were SO JUICY and sweet.

another edit: sometimes their mandarin oranges can be hit or miss. when they’re good, they’re really good. just lightly score the peel of an orange with your thumbnail to see if it’s dried out or not.

durrneez fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jul 15, 2021

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Clark Nova posted:

i like them. i used to use them before i made my own broth in the instant pot.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

redreader posted:

-good fresh fruit
-good sources of protein

Protein:

https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-chicken-breast%2c-12.5-oz%2c-6-count.product.100334960.html

https://www.costco.com/safe-catch-ahi-yellowfin-tuna,-3-oz,-8-pouches.product.100639090.html

https://costcofan.com/costco-smoked-salmon-kirkland-signature/

https://www.costco.com/premier-30g-protein-plus-energy-and-immune-support-shakes%2c-11-fl-oz%2c-18-pack.product.100651919.html

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

I have some bad news about a few more years. :(

Well you see, we got a new GM and a new coach and.... (For the record - gently caress the Lions, the Tigers torture me enough)

In Costco news, my credit union rejected my payment for my Citi card for some reason, need to figure out why. I'm a weirdo with two checking accounts, so that's half the problem, but still would've been nice if I didn't get docked $29 for that given that it was the first time using that account.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

I noticed they look smaller but I didn't do a count. The old boss would have never let this happen. "Don't change the amount of sheets in the paper towel roll or I will loving kill you."

Edit - https://www.eatthis.com/news-costco-downsized-paper-towels/

Allegedly is to be able to supply more rolls per resources given. The amount per sheet is the same.

The article says it's only temporary, which adds up because I saw the 160 sheet paper towels in the back yesterday. They just got them in but need to sell through their stock of the 140 sheet ones before they can put them out.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Clark Nova posted:

Yes. I use them almost exclusively for cooking rice with, instead of water.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I have to assume anybody with a Chicago hot dog tattoo is a Naked Raygun fan.
I'm an even bigger fan of Pegboy, but yes. Extremely.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Clark Nova posted:

There is no salt in them, they are gross if you want to sip them. As an ingredient in other dishes, they are probably fine.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Bone broth is basically a hipster word for stock. It's unsalted so you don't want to drink it.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Why buy chicken bone broth when you can boil the bones from your rotisserie chicken(s)?

fizzymercury posted:

I'm an even bigger fan of Pegboy, but yes. Extremely.

:respek:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
is anyone finding the colombian cold brews at their location? im worried those might be gone for good theyve been mia past few months here. they still got the bean version of the same thing at least..

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

thathonkey posted:

is anyone finding the colombian cold brews at their location? im worried those might be gone for good theyve been mia past few months here. they still got the bean version of the same thing at least..

Picked up 2 cases last time I was there about a month ago.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
They changed the strawberry/mango/cookie dough mymochi for blood orange/passion fruit/strawberry non-mymochi, of the previous brand that used to have mango/strawberry/green tea. I think this is a massive improvement since my wife, who loves cookie dough ice cream, refused to eat the cookie dough mochi. I've got to say that mymochi stuff wasn't as good overall and cookie dough was the worst flavour. And the cookie dough mochi always (We got 2 packages separately) had weird holes in it with ice cream going over the mochi.

Got a bunch of fruit, chicken (cats already tried to eat it), croissants, and everything else we need. There was a guy just buying one bottle of alcohol in the check-out in front of me and he was making a scene and the chashier was like 'you're not a member, we need to get the special key' and some other person had to come and unlock the register (I think he was using some card and needed to pay 1.50, I didn't get the entire story) and after he paid he stayed there and complained. The guy in front of me said "bye, next, you're done" and the upset guy had to leave since the guy in front of me was huge lol. Maybe the upset man was trying to get a 1.50 overage receipt and get the cashier to tell him that someone else was a douche. Who knows!

PBUC

redreader fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jul 15, 2021

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Bone broth is basically a hipster word for stock. It's unsalted so you don't want to drink it.

They probably should stop calling it "Sipping bone broth" then

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Whooping Crabs posted:

They probably should stop calling it "Sipping bone broth" then

You're right, that's marketing. They should call it stock because that's what it is.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

You're right, that's marketing. They should call it stock because that's what it is.

Well that's weird since they also sell Kirkland organic chicken stock

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Whooping Crabs posted:

Stock can have different ingredients and come in different packages, yes.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Whooping Crabs posted:

Bone broths are just stocks with either salt or vinegar (or both!) added. That’s it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Got gas in Los Angeles today. Relish was back but not onions. An encouraging sign I hope.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

schreibs posted:

This is the same in Texas and I hate it. Also, cant even buy beer before noon on god's day because of reasons.

Ah! No beer before noon on Sundays is going away September 1st, tho!
Thanks, Lege!
I mean, gently caress our grid and voting laws. We can drink ourselves stupid early on Sundays.
:texas:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Chinatown posted:

Got gas in Los Angeles today. Relish was back but not onions. An encouraging sign I hope.

the slow train of progress

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
I think bone broth has boiled carcass until the bones have demineralized and turned to jello.

I’m pretty sure the Kirkland bone broths are different now. We used to buy the salt free one as additive for pet food. We have to go to Sprouts to buy it now because the Costco bone broth has loads of salt in it, and most of it is condensed. I’m pretty sure one of those pictured needs to be diluted.

YMMV, check the box nutritional labels for sodium or see if the first ingredient is fucktons of salt.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Solvent posted:

I think bone broth has boiled carcass until the bones have demineralized and turned to jello.

Kind of; the bones themselves don't turn to jello, but the carcass does release gelatin as it boils (this is a good thing). The stock is finished when the bones break with little effort.

VVV Exactly.

A Pack of Kobolds fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bone broth is what you call stock when you want to charge 4x as much.