Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I really love early Japanese games that do the Western style fantasy thing before they really established their conventions, it's simultaneously so familiar and super alien. I think Miyazaki said it was the feeling he was trying to capture in the Souls games

he fuckin nailed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sub-Actuality posted:

he fuckin nailed it

This.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

mysterious loyall X posted:

throw gywlyn off the cliff. but thou must begone thhot

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Just picked up stardew valley on the switch. Never played it, but it seems like a good game to get cozy on the couch with. Gonna start with the four corners farm I think.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Leadthumb posted:

Just picked up stardew valley on the switch. Never played it, but it seems like a good game to get cozy on the couch with. Gonna start with the four corners farm I think.

You’re in for a real treat. Hell of a game

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Yep. This is not news to anyone, this game fuckin' rules.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ive caught myself thinking i wish i'd waited until after all the patches to paly it all fresh so i'm pretty friggin jealous

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Fungah! posted:

ive caught myself thinking i wish i'd waited until after all the patches to paly it all fresh so i'm pretty friggin jealous

I never really followed it either, playing pretty much blind. It isn't what I thought it was going to be at all, on day 6 or so a wizard drugged me then I played a twin-stick shooter all day then passed out in the dirt by my house before I could plant anything.
I'm just a city boy.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

A new SMT V trailer is out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu_4XMujHNE

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oled switch preorders go up in 105 minutes. not sure if i'm goin for it yet but in case you are FYI

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

holding out for the Switch Pro. any day now

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

HolePisser1982 posted:

holding out for the Switch Pro. any day now
https://twitter.com/Steam/status/1415718021469925378

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

oled lynx

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lol, imagine four buttons on the edge of a cliff

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmao i noticed that too. that can't be comfortable

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fungah! posted:

oled switch preorders go up in 105 minutes. not sure if i'm goin for it yet but in case you are FYI

I would do it if not for the price hike. The new screen was made for a gamer like me who plays a majority of switch in handheld mode and even I don't want that poo poo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmao

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
it looks more comfy than the switch to me.? but the proof is in the pudding

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I would do it if not for the price hike. The new screen was made for a gamer like me who plays a majority of switch in handheld mode and even I don't want that poo poo
Yeah this is my takeaway. I was excited to replace my beat up launch day Switch and then someone mentioned that it's more expensive than a Series S and it made me realize how hosed up it is that they're charging basically the same price for the exact same hardware that I bought 5 years ago. I'll wait until my Switch actually bites the dust. I really like the look of it but not for $350.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

American McGay posted:

Yeah this is my takeaway. I was excited to replace my beat up launch day Switch and then someone mentioned that it's more expensive than a Series S and it made me realize how hosed up it is that they're charging basically the same price for the exact same hardware that I bought 5 years ago. I'll wait until my Switch actually bites the dust. I really like the look of it but not for $350.

I was listening to something and someone mentioned that it was just 50 bucks away from the cheaper nextgen big boy consoles and I had to stop and look it up because it sounded impossible, but it is lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

American McGay posted:

yeah this is where i'm at too i think. i'm ready for a replacement but this just isnt it

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Looks like after it comes out GameStop will offer extra trade-in credit for existing switches if put toward the OLED model so I’ll wait til then

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

If you can even get your hands on an OLED model then, no idea how they’ll work the trade-in if they’re as hard to get as the series x and PS5

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

The Milkman posted:

it looks more comfy than the switch to me.? but the proof is in the pudding

it does, but it probably weighs twice as much. my og switch already strains my delicate wrists

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

thinking back on the GBA SP and DS Lite, my absolute fave mid-gen updates, and feeling profound joy

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Fungah! posted:

it will take more than a bigger screen, adjustable stand and LAN port to get me to buy a new switch nintendo...

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

que sera sera posted:

it does, but it probably weighs twice as much. my og switch already strains my delicate wrists
There's a shot of the rear and it's actually way thinner than it looks. It probably won't be much more hefty than a Switch, and the grips look infinitely better than the Joycons for holding.

Really curious what the battery life is like though. When I thought it was Sega Nomad chunky it made sense, but now I feel like it's probably like 40 minutes of Doom Eternal.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
hair dryer pointed directly at your balls, perfect

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

i will give the big man gabe one thing hes at least realized everything should have paddle buttons

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

it’s 1.5 lbs versus the switch’s .9 lbs & 2-8 hours of battery life listed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

American McGay posted:

There's a shot of the rear and it's actually way thinner than it looks. It probably won't be much more hefty than a Switch, and the grips look infinitely better than the Joycons for holding.

Really curious what the battery life is like though. When I thought it was Sega Nomad chunky it made sense, but now I feel like it's probably like 40 minutes of Doom Eternal.

those triggers on the back.....