Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Hangman's first challenge is either a time limit draw or he loses, but kicks out of an OWA, with either result making Kenny apoplectic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I won't put too much stock in this unscripted promo but Paul Wight teases wrestling in NYC.

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1415719055680413699

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
On a show with great matches up and down the card, my favourite thing on the show was the hangman segment easily. Just perfectly executed, I haven't felt that pumped up about something in wrestling in a long while.

Also Miro is the greatest promo in AEW, no question. Pure gold every time he speaks.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
darby allin is a crazy man

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MassRafTer posted:

I won't put too much stock in this unscripted promo but Paul Wight teases wrestling in NYC.

lol theyre gonna do captain insaneo

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Quantum of Phallus posted:

FTW/IWGP belt matches
Cody in a cool programme
Hangman/Kenny programme
Andrade going after Death Triangle
wrestling is back baby

The feeling that went through the crowd when Andrade revealed he wanted Death Triangle last night was really something. Everyone around us was immediately loving on board for Andrade vs Fenix, Penta, and PAC.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It warms my heart to see Paul and Mark just kicking back having a good time :unsmith:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

paul wight most likely topped out at 6'10" at his peak. possibly even 6'9" but either way he's a little shorter now due to spinal compression. i'm 6'2" and was really surprised to see he wasn't that much taller than me. also, mark henry is the same height as me, not 6'4" as claimed. wehat sort of heights are you interested in?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ganso Bomb posted:

The feeling that went through the crowd when Andrade revealed he wanted Death Triangle last night was really something. Everyone around us was immediately loving on board for Andrade vs Fenix, Penta, and PAC.

It's also really smart to put Andrade up with the lucha guys so he can be in there with dudes accustomed to his style as he works off the WWE rust

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A GOOD PPV, LET ALONE A GOD drat FREE WEEKLY TV SHOW

HOW DO THEY KEEP DOING THIS, HOW DO THEY KEEP IMPROVING?!

HOW?!

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Senerio posted:

Hangman's first challenge is either a time limit draw or he loses, but kicks out of an OWA, with either result making Kenny apoplectic.

They made a match where Kenny can get over Hangman again without it being their 1-on-1 match.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ganso Bomb posted:

The feeling that went through the crowd when Andrade revealed he wanted Death Triangle last night was really something.

i thought the whole promo was brilliant. andrade has loving awesome pacing and delivery, and asking for the ipad for the reveal really elevated it

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I really can't say enough about how much I love Andrade's subtitles gimmick.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Pinwiz11 posted:

Hangman is kicking out of the OWA, win or lose. Right?

They could, this might be the one story in AEW so far that could merit it, but my gut still tells me no. It's weird to say anything is bigger than Hangman right now, but I still think that is. Even Okada never got to do a full kick out of it. Maybe Hangman does what Okada did and gets a foot on the ropes, though.

A full on kick out of the OWA is something Hangman does in like 2024 as the culmination of this being a five-year blood feud.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Ganso Bomb posted:

I like the ambiguity of not being sure whether he wants to fight them or recruit them, and that either option would be dope.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i want to know who's gonna give qt's stupid rear end a wedgie and kick him back to georgia, how dare he pour drink on good guy tony schiavone

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that drink looked like it was diarrhea. was it diarrhea that aaron solow was drinking?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Yeah his thing is diarrhea drinking. It's been explained on Dark: Elevation but that probably needs to be reintroduced for TV-only viewers

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i think Kenny snags Hangman into the OWA and eliminates him in the survivor series match and the Dark Order rallies to get him to the championship match but he's rattled and nothing is sure (i think he kicks out convincingly in the title match)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Did the extended tutorial on the GM game. It's neat, but I got enough for a session by the time I unlocked "unlimited weeks". I'll see how that one goes, but I'm afraid it might not give enough booking freedom to stay engaged.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

smarxist posted:

i think Kenny snags Hangman into the OWA and eliminates him in the survivor series match and the Dark Order rallies to get him to the championship match but he's rattled and nothing is sure (i think he kicks out convincingly in the title match)

I will only accept this if Five is the one who pins Omega and we get Five vs Omega to pay off that horrible bad faith discourse about Angels kickout out of the V-Trigger.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

HOW?!

Crowds

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

I will only accept this if Five is the one who pins Omega and we get Five vs Omega to pay off that horrible bad faith discourse about Angels kickout out of the V-Trigger.

I'd think maybe Kenny doesn't eat any pinfalls leading to the eventual singles match. Maybe he gets DQ'd or counted out or something? Maybe in his desperation to try and make sure Hangman loses, he hits him with a weapon, gets DQ'd, then someone else pins Hangman?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So I assume Hangman 's partners will be Uno, Dos, and the Beaver Boys

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

The Finals did 2.1 in the demo and 6.6m average viewers last night. Given that it started right around hour two, I imagine that'll have a pretty big impact on the overall number for AEW.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

I think everyone on this board was initially wishing for this, it seemed to be the dream scenario of guys for Andrade to work with. Very happy they're sailing right into this because that's the perfect way to really get Andrade some steam.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Ganso Bomb posted:

I'd think maybe Kenny doesn't eat any pinfalls leading to the eventual singles match. Maybe he gets DQ'd or counted out or something? Maybe in his desperation to try and make sure Hangman loses, he hits him with a weapon, gets DQ'd, then someone else pins Hangman?

Any chance the elimination match is NJPW style? Kenny could always get thrown over the top by like, -1

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I don't get the point of having Scorpio pop out after like two minutes instead of as a twist mid-match. picturing Statlander in the back going "I spent half an hour in a drat claw machine". Also lol at getting to watch him brawl with Sting for five minutes and right as the announcers go STINGER SPLASH! it cuts to Ethan breaking down the ring like :haw:

Love the new mint flavoured TNT belt

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

My Lovely Horse posted:

I don't get the point of having Scorpio pop out after like two minutes instead of as a twist mid-match. picturing Statlander in the back going "I spent half an hour in a drat claw machine". Also lol at getting to watch him brawl with Sting for five minutes and right as the announcers go STINGER SPLASH! it cuts to Ethan breaking down the ring like :haw:

Love the new mint flavoured TNT belt

The point was to give you something to look at while Ethan destroyed the ring.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

And also to take Scorpio out as soon as possible so you weren't expecting shenanigans the whole match

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

BaronVanAwesome posted:

I've not seen Yuka Sakazaki before, and while the match was fine, the Magical Girl character seemed like a weird fit style wise? I am ready to let this grow on me
Someone please track down the clip of Excalibur explaining the Magical Girl trope to Jim Ross.

StarkRavingMad posted:

They could, this might be the one story in AEW so far that could merit it, but my gut still tells me no. It's weird to say anything is bigger than Hangman right now, but I still think that is. Even Okada never got to do a full kick out of it. Maybe Hangman does what Okada did and gets a foot on the ropes, though.

A full on kick out of the OWA is something Hangman does in like 2024 as the culmination of this being a five-year blood feud.
I'm still in the camp of only ever wanting it to be Ibushi. They've gradually been telling the Golden Lovers story for 10 years. Let them somehow end up in the same promotion again, and let Ibushi kick out again when it really counts instead of that one time way back in DDT before Kenny really perfected the move. It's the perfect bookend to their story. They've never built any context for it to be Page; he doesn't have a connection to the OWA, so it doesn't need to be him.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So I assume Hangman 's partners will be Uno, Dos, and the Beaver Boys

I’m not sure if Silver is ring ready yet so I think it’ll be Uno, Dos, 5 & 10

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
If Silver & Reynolds do get to be in the big match, I want to see 5 and 10 against Cutler and Nakazawa in a DO vs Elite B-Team Match on Elevation or something.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

sticklefifer posted:

Someone please track down the clip of Excalibur explaining the Magical Girl trope to Jim Ross.

I'm still in the camp of only ever wanting it to be Ibushi. They've gradually been telling the Golden Lovers story for 10 years. Let them somehow end up in the same promotion again, and let Ibushi kick out again when it really counts instead of that one time way back in DDT before Kenny really perfected the move. It's the perfect bookend to their story. They've never built any context for it to be Page; he doesn't have a connection to the OWA, so it doesn't need to be him.

Yeah, I'd also be perfectly happy with it being reserved for Ibushi.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Drakkel posted:

If Silver & Reynolds do get to be in the big match, I want to see 5 and 10 against Cutler and Nakazawa in a DO vs Elite B-Team Match on Elevation or something.

Could still happen with a Reynolds/Cabana team.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

Except that he was 50 yard line with Kenny until Kenny got the OWA. Plus they've made it clear that the OWA is Kenny's big hand-of-god-oh-he-dead move, kicking out of it would make Hangman in a big bad way.

Ibushi's main priority is NJPW right now. They can tell Kenny and Kota's story again after Callis turns on Kenny. Right now the priority is the under contract, clear cut, babyface future of the company guy.

I like the Kota & Kenny story but if continuing it were a priority, Kota would have been on Dynamite.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I'm extremely into anyone who holds the tnt title longer than a few weeks getting their own remix

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

blunt posted:

I'm extremely into anyone who holds the tnt title longer than a few weeks getting their own remix

I saw a great idea that it should be number of defenses, rather than weeks. Defend it 5 or so times, you get your own version of the belt.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

HOW?!

Spite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pylons posted:

I saw a great idea that it should be number of defenses, rather than weeks. Defend it 5 or so times, you get your own version of the belt.

Kinda like the keys for the dragon gate belt.