Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

tylertfb posted:

Virgil has been in Berlin in a 24/7 K-hole, in rotation between Berghain, Panoramabar, and Der Visionaire. Give him a few months and he'll turn up as a holistic yoga practitioner in Tulum and it will all be fine.

[acting like i know this] there's no way virgil could get into berghain

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

I didn't read that lovely article, but I was perplexed at the notion of people voting for JD Vance because he's "like them." The premise of his entire career is that he's not like them! He shed his Appalachian roots so he could become another court eunuch at a Republican think tank.

Maybe if he had been an entrepreneur or something but yea rural people aren't going to be inspired by someone who abandoned their culture to become a banker. And the alt right won't respect a banker period.

He could have been a successful establishment democrat by using his unearned wealth and disdain for flyover country as selling points. Luckily for the world he doesn't know how the grift works and assumed the hatred in his heart made him a republican.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

thats good, I wish I could take credit

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
The left is showing their anti sinoism here

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

mistermojo posted:

thats good, I wish I could take credit

idgi
Edit: oh, a meme. welp

Mr. Grinch fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jul 15, 2021

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Virgil is some flavor of asian.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Groovelord Neato posted:

Virgil is some flavor of asian.

Drank lots of FIJI water... the clues were hiding in plain sight

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Mr. Grinch posted:

idgi
Edit: oh, a meme. welp

Lmao Slant isn’t a meme it’s an old timey slur for Asian people in the US

rachel ray romano
Jul 5, 2021

Bust Rodd posted:

Ethnic slurs are some of the oldest memes, actually.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

its an nba meme https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/29/17406750/bryan-colangelo-philadelphia-76ers-twitter-joel-embiid-anonymous-markelle-fultz

Several posts wandered from organizational matters, debating the size of Colangelo’s shirt collars. When user @Philly_Asshole commented on the executive’s well-documented sartorial preference, “This dude just love collars,” Enoughunkownsources responded, “That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.”

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

The Kingfish posted:

The tricky part comes when the accusation is partly true. like if Virgil flirted with a 17yo off and on for a while but never asked to see her boobs or whatever.

The Sam Kriss Gambit - "I admit to being a lovely person but deny doing the things that are technically crimes" - is the worst possible strategy for damage control.

Hank_Kingsley
Mar 31, 2019
https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/482528070239522816

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

that tweet aged about as well as his taste in women

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Bust Rodd posted:

yea i think its more likely they were alluding to the poster being a virgil texas burner account than just being blatantly racist

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

im glad that the mandatory podcast pedophile was virgil and not one of the people i like

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
imagine if it was amber, then i could post like "where were the podcasters like that when i was in school"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Amber's not allowed around schools either but it's okay it's just because she keeps trying to buy Adderall off the kids

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

Law Cheetah posted:

imagine if it was amber, then i could post like "where were the podcasters like that when i was in school"

sexpig by night posted:

Amber's not allowed around schools either but it's okay it's just because she keeps trying to buy Adderall off the kids

:hmmyes:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Seams posted:

Honestly I find the whole public apology thing to be a weird ritual. He should apologise to the person he wronged (assuming he did it etc etc) but I don’t see the need to do public self-flagellation

You’re right that the approach he’s seemingly chosen is very funny tho

Our culture demands penance before we allow sinners to escape via death. Only after Virgil admits what naughty things he has done and we have browbeaten him into submission will he be allowed to die.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Our culture demands penance before we allow sinners to escape via death. Only after Virgil admits what naughty things he has done and we have browbeaten him into submission will he be allowed to die.

he allegedly groomed a child in case you forgot

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

mistermojo posted:

every podcasting group has a pedophile. it's perfectly normal. move on, find a new slant

:mods:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Let’s all take a moment to consider that this is actually a really common tactic for demonstrating one’s innocence! Consider this long and storied list of people who did absolutely nothing wrong and simply disappeared forever:

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

We don't know the full story, maybe he's charting the arctic or flying across the atlantic

Dr. Miracle
Feb 13, 2008

born to shart

Mae posted:

We don't know the full story, maybe he's charting the arctic or flying across the atlantic

For all we know, he could still be on Bad Faith.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Let’s all take a moment to consider that this is actually a really common tactic for demonstrating one’s innocence! Consider this long and storied list of people who did absolutely nothing wrong and simply disappeared forever:

His not posting says more than real evidence ever could.

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/1415963968217174025?s=20

Marianne go on Chapo

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

lmao orb mother literally telling people not to take their antipsychotics

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Mr. Lobe posted:

lmao orb mother literally telling people not to take their antipsychotics

Neither of those are anti-psychotics.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

If your psychiatrist is giving you Klonopin to treat your psychosis, they aren't your psychiatrist.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

whoopsie I somehow read one of those as chlorpromazine not klonopin

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Mr. Lobe posted:

whoopsie I somehow read one of those as chlorpromazine not klonopin

Common misreading

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/KweenInYeIIow/status/1415313405594984449

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Bolsonaro is D. Rose. That’s the player they were looking for.

He was infamous for season-ending injuries during his time in Chicago.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Love to argue with journalists reporting on my staff saying that I am difficult to work with online

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Famethrowa posted:

he allegedly groomed a child in case you forgot

Nobody cares. He must pay, regardless of what he has or has not done. The crowd demands blood, and will have it one way or another.

Thank you for trying to make my comment on the bloodthirsty nature of crowds about a probable child-groomer, though.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

What if we force him at gunpoint to do the High Hopes dance in the town square until he collapses from exhaustion

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cosmik Slop posted:

What if we force him at gunpoint to do the High Hopes dance in the town square until he collapses from exhaustion

If the crowd deems it a worthy punishment, who are we to judge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Nobody cares. He must pay, regardless of what he has or has not done. The crowd demands blood, and will have it one way or another.

Thank you for trying to make my comment on the bloodthirsty nature of crowds about a probable child-groomer, though.
Well yeah but the bloodthirsty irrational crowd here is the one going after the accuser. Hope that helps.