Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Natural 20 posted:

And you'll note that I said every single time the creepy poo poo in MT was bad. Y'know what i didn't do? Post untagged spoilers because I'm desperate to defend incest and tentacle rape.

You're an idiot. gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLRv0b6wJlA

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Spoilers, both shows do stupid poo poo.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
[sliding in like kramer] a full season of incest!?!

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Natural 20 posted:

And you'll note that I said every single time the creepy poo poo in MT was bad. Y'know what i didn't do? Post untagged spoilers because I'm desperate to defend incest and tentacle rape.
However, you did suggest that SAO is much worse than MT:

Natural 20 posted:

I don't really want to die on the hill of defending youtubers but MT has weird pervy poo poo in an excellent story and world, whereas SAO has a full season about incest in a show that's consistently terrible in just about every other way.

Unless you think "Death Gun is my name and the name of my gun. One day I'll pay you all a visit too and bring real death with this gun," is the peak of dialogue.
You claim that MT's "weird pervy poo poo" is secondary to its narrative, while SAO's "incest" is the primary focus of a portion of its story. You also say MT is "excellent" while SAO is "consistently terrible." Intentional or not, this has the effect of minimizing MT's questionable content and maximizing SAO's. Some people might disagree with that, particularly since SAO does not, in fact, have a full season about incest. They can disagree with that whether or not they agree that some of SAO's content is objectionable.

Elephant Parade fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jul 15, 2021

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wasn't there supposed to be a 2nd season of Isekai Restaurant/Isekai Bar or did I imagine that?

Also dial it back on the Jobless Reincarnation and SAO back-and-forth, please.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space Flower posted:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Wark Say posted:

Wasn't there supposed to be a 2nd season of Isekai Restaurant/Isekai Bar or did I imagine that?

Also dial it back on the Jobless Reincarnation and SAO back-and-forth, please.

In the fall season

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Space Flower posted:

We havent had one of those for years now

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Elaine: Incest?!
George: People LOOOOOVE the incest!

Kramer: ooh yeah babyyyyy!

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Davincie posted:

We havent had one of those for years now

Shucks and wazoo.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah not super interested in talking about incest particularly in two shows not in this season.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

night head 2041 has not one but two pairs of very close brothers 🤗

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Doodles posted:

Watching the latest Maiddragon and I dunno. Not quite sold on this Ilulu chara...

"Can I let you trick me?"

OKAY, WHO THE gently caress IS CUTTING ONIONS AROUND HERE? :cry:

But good gravy, those flame sacs. Proof that dragons gotta be hollow inside. :pwn:

Have to laugh that even Tohru got squicked by the hands thing. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLJ8nYrgPBI

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Off topic, sorry

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jul 16, 2021

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah not super interested in talking about incest particularly in two shows not in this season.

Classic sign of a weak season when everyone argues about old shows

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Finally, the last mystery of the Powerpuff Girls explained

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm just happy they didn't get super gross with the dick arc in Maidragon. It was mostly Miss Kobayashi being embarrassed.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

I'm just happy they didn't get super gross with the dick arc in Maidragon. It was mostly Miss Kobayashi being embarrassed.

The arc is over already so it's fine. It's basically half the episode.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

Classic sign of a weak season when everyone argues about old shows

Sonny Boy had its first episode come out after being previewed late last season.

I didn't love it, but it at least seems like it could be interesting, unlike most of this season's stuff.

It's kind of amazing how weak this season is overall. Plenty of shows, but very few of them seem worth talking about, which feels even worse after the insanity of the first half of the year.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

sonny boy ep1 was excellent imo

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Thing I learned about Peach Boy Riversides episode 3. Episodes 1 and 2 Covered Chapters 2 to 5, but episode 3 skipped all the way to chapter 17, and chapter 4 is going to cover Chapter 1

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh, great. one of those.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've seen the first two eps of Re-Main and it seems perfect for the type of psychopath who'd crack jokes about someone being in a coma, i.e., me.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

dogsicle posted:

night head 2041 has not one but two pairs of very close brothers 🤗

It's not yet clear which pair is the protagonist and which is the antagonist. Tough call, seeing how neither pair can go two minutes without trying to kill somebody.

Seems like an interesting show. They took maybe 80% of the setting from Akira, but I'll see where they're going with it.

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

MonsterEnvy posted:

Thing I learned about Peach Boy Riversides episode 3. Episodes 1 and 2 Covered Chapters 2 to 5, but episode 3 skipped all the way to chapter 17, and chapter 4 is going to cover Chapter 1

Ah, the Kara no Kyoukai approach.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Disregard

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jul 16, 2021

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

I've seen the first two eps of Re-Main and it seems perfect for the type of psychopath who'd crack jokes about someone being in a coma, i.e., me.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

The first episode of Sonny Boy was pretty good. The premise sounds like some dime-a-dozen shonen trash, but the execution was solid, with an interesting and vibrant art style and a couple of really nice shots. The pacing of the first episode was definitely on the high side, but I'm genuinely curious to see where it will go from here.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Aquatope Episode 2 was pretty good. I wish it was just a cheerful slice of life show about an aquarium, but it wants to be dramatic.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

It feels like Sakura Quest: Ocean Edition so far, which is good.

Please get that poor girl some gloves, Kukuru.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Mill Village posted:

Aquatope Episode 2 was pretty good. I wish it was just a cheerful slice of life show about an aquarium, but it wants to be dramatic.

Starting to think Kuuya might not be straight.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Tales of Woe posted:

sonny boy ep1 was excellent imo

I watched that first episode, and I believe it's an interesting concept developing. I just wish my Give-A-poo poo-O-Meter registered at all for any of the characters. I know there will be people who enjoy the program, and I wish them well, but I fear I'm not going to be one of them.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Strange Quark posted:

I'm glad of it

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

You know, I really did not need or want Kageki Shoujo to take this kind of turn. Like the show had been relatively light-hearted before, and the last ep was just actually painful and hosed up to watch...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I mean, it's meant to be. It's the reason Ai's traumatized when it comes to men and the foundation of her personality. Could probably have done with a warning but I thought it was handled pretty tastefully - a lot of shows will use sexually threatening stuff in a kind of shock value way but they took cares to keep you in the moment with Ai and make it uncomfortable for the viewer without making it feel cheap. good stuff.

edit: also vagueposting about this stuff sucks

Endorph fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jul 17, 2021

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

https://files.catbox.moe/rs43qn.webm
I think I like this anime now

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Someone do the edit where she sings WAP instead.

Also wtf do her tits grow 6 cup sizes in profile?!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

did somebody order from DogDash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kageki Shoujo 3 didn't glorify the abuse but I thought it showed too much in a way that it felt like it was trying way to hard to be dark and edgy especially since it's out of left field compared to the tone of the show so far.

Now do I hate it completely? We'll see...if the show ends up being het with out main leads or try to do the plot that Ai needs to work around her hatred of men and not that "Entertainment industry is hosed up Ai is right to hate Men" than I'll 100% hate it and hate the show