Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I'm still curious where the screenshot came from. I need it from their official channels dang it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Gaz-L posted:

Some kind of Star Saber thing, probably. Maybe Deathsaurus as well?

It's Star Saber with Victory Leo as a stretch goal. $200-250 pledge cost.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i wonder if mmc will ever actually release that deathsaurus thats been up for preorder for like 4 years now

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
how has nobody mentioned that BW Ravage boxed set yet

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
It was mentioned.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Arquinsiel posted:

It was mentioned.

Yeah, everybody better like my posts and take me off ignore or so help me... :toughguy:

:v:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

What is it referencing? I know that SG Starscream's colors are Regular Jetfire colors...

The colors are based on a Henkei! Henkei! exclusive "Dark Skyfire" redeco of the Classics version that got repurposed as SG Jetfire in the actual SG comics.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I've seen two SS Grindors and zero Slugs in store. I am sad.

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

Keldroc posted:

It's Star Saber with Victory Leo as a stretch goal. $200-250 pledge cost.

If that’s true this will be the first HasLab project I back. I mean, I would have liked to have the other ones, but they were too expensive and too big.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Nodosaur posted:

The colors are based on a Henkei! Henkei! exclusive "Dark Skyfire" redeco of the Classics version that got repurposed as SG Jetfire in the actual SG comics.

interesting, thanks! i was genuinely very curious about where it was from. heres a pic of that one for everyone else if anyones curious

i initially thought astrotrain because shattered glass astrotrain was based on a recolour of jetfire, so i thought they might have reversed that for SG jetfire

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

More Mirage pictures.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Why isn’t that just Jazz? They don’t care about continuity anyway.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jul 15, 2021

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Jazz dies in the first one, so he's dead dead, and no one that's died in those movies has ever comeback, especially not to take faces.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
But this is a prequel to the first TF movie (if it's connected at all)...

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Very tempted to just YOLO it and pick up a Starscream. So far the only issues I've seen people have are the left forearm not tabbing properly when you spin the hand out, and the usual ham-handed dopes snapping off the nose cone by twisting it in the wrong place.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Yeah Mirage is a weird way of spelling Jazz

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Mirage is a Porsche because a race car on the street is ridiculous.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Nodosaur posted:

You know what else is ridiculous? Ancient Alien robots that can change into cars driving around on earth.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Yeah I would like absurd movie hijinks and a formula 1 kart is way cooler imo than another Porsche

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Nodosaur posted:

Though they were well beyond giving a gently caress about "disguise" at this point in the series.

I guess the question is whether the character was actually developed as Mirage, or if the name was just applied later.

Option 1 is that the character was originally intended to be Jazz, and then changed later to avoid conflicting with the 2007 movie where one of his few lines implies that he's new to Earth.

Option 2 is that the character was always meant to be Mirage, but maybe a Formula 1 car wasn't appropriate for the movie, and he was given the other white/blue G1 Autobot racecar's altmode instead.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Does it really matter anyway? Either official or unofficial, Mirage will just get a repaint and a new head and boom, Jazz.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
As long as I get a MP Jazz out of this I don't care.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

As long as I get a MP Jazz out of this I don't care.

Look forward to the KO which will be reasonably priced and have better QC. :v:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
One way or the other, I don't care!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I just don't see why Mirage can't be a Porsche, especially if they're trying to play the disguise thing more realistically.

He was a Ford GT once and no one said anything.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think it's more that we've been revisiting the topic of Licensed Jazz for years and now that there's an honest to god on-screen Porsche transformer people would like it to be the one most closely associated with being a Porsche transformer

In Binaltech nobody was what their G1 altmodes suggested, other than possibly Ravage as a Jaguar E: I forgot about Hound and Swindle!

Bay Jazz is a Pontiac though, so clearly if he were going to show up in the 90s he shoulda been a Firebird or maybe the 2nd gen Fiero

I ain't fussed in the slightest, I'm excited to see how he transforms. At least he's not a red Ferrari this time.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Mirage totally can be a Porsche, it's just that making a silver Porsche 911 with blue racing stripes feels like a very specific hybrid of G1 and Movieverse Jazz. Changing up any one of those characteristics would have made him seem like a more distinct character, as it is he just screams Jazz. It's like if they made a yellow VW Bug with black stripes down the middle then said it was Sunstreaker.

In the end it doesn't matter because he'll probably have 3 lines at most with no specific characterization anyway.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Is Dino still considered to be Mirage? Apparently they slapped the name on the toys because Ferarri had an exclusive contract with Mattel and didn't want toys referencing their family to be used in Hasbro products, but the more recent Studio Series and Movie Advanced toys called him Dino anyway so who knows.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Phy posted:

I think it's more that we've been revisiting the topic of Licensed Jazz for years and now that there's an honest to god on-screen Porsche transformer people would like it to be the one most closely associated with being a Porsche transformer

In Binaltech nobody was what their G1 altmodes suggested, other than possibly Ravage as a Jaguar E: I forgot about Hound and Swindle!

Bay Jazz is a Pontiac though, so clearly if he were going to show up in the 90s he shoulda been a Firebird or maybe the 2nd gen Fiero

I ain't fussed in the slightest, I'm excited to see how he transforms. At least he's not a red Ferrari this time.

alright, I guess I can understand that

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Robot Style posted:

Is Dino still considered to be Mirage? Apparently they slapped the name on the toys because Ferarri had an exclusive contract with Mattel and didn't want toys referencing their family to be used in Hasbro products, but the more recent Studio Series and Movie Advanced toys called him Dino anyway so who knows.

Sky Gary stepped in and was like "I can't be the only Transformer named after a guy, come on Ferrari!"

Somewhere, Aqua Carl nods and smiles.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sky Gary stepped in and was like "I can't be the only Transformer named after a guy, come on Ferrari!"

Somewhere, Aqua Carl nods and smiles.

There are always the micromaster train guys, Alan and Joe

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Cosmos's Japanese name is named after George Adamski, who provided the first illustration of the familiar UFO design.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Also those inexplicable Omni Production names, where Blaster became Billy, Metroplex became Philip, Jazz became Marshall, and Blurr became Wally. Meanwhile human characters got robot names, like Ginrai becoming Optimus.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Don't forget good old Randy The GPS Warthog.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i feel like fans hobby is the most likely company to produce a masterpiece style Sky Garry

i base this on absolutely nothing but it feels right

the fans hobby armada megatron is looking imo extremely nice, hes very well articulated:

fans hobby also seem to have stepped up their face sculpting game, hes gonna come with a bunch of interchangable faces like this evil laugh face:

ive always had a real soft spot for armada megatron. i much prefer megatron as a tank than as a gun. the G2 megatron came out when i was 2 or 3 years old, so i think he was my first, but armada megatron came out when I was like 12 or 13 so it was the first megatron i saw release as i guess a cognizant person, and an actual enthusiast. i was kind of disappointed in the toy for the lack of articulation, although I loved all the minicon gimmicks like the secret shiv.

people online really hated that he had horns though, and i guess it is a departure from the classic megatron helmet shape. you could take them off and put them back on easily with just a peg, but he always looked a little odd without them to me. someone did a really sweet custom modification to their megatron to give him hip and knee articulation by transplanting ratchet joints from some other toy which i was very envious of.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i feel like fans hobby is the most likely company to produce a masterpiece style Sky Garry

i base this on absolutely nothing but it feels right

the fans hobby armada megatron is looking imo extremely nice, hes very well articulated:

fans hobby also seem to have stepped up their face sculpting game, hes gonna come with a bunch of interchangable faces like this evil laugh face:

ive always had a real soft spot for armada megatron. i much prefer megatron as a tank than as a gun. the G2 megatron came out when i was 2 or 3 years old, so i think he was my first, but armada megatron came out when I was like 12 or 13 so it was the first megatron i saw release as i guess a cognizant person, and an actual enthusiast. i was kind of disappointed in the toy for the lack of articulation, although I loved all the minicon gimmicks like the secret shiv.

people online really hated that he had horns though, and i guess it is a departure from the classic megatron helmet shape. you could take them off and put them back on easily with just a peg, but he always looked a little odd without them to me. someone did a really sweet custom modification to their megatron to give him hip and knee articulation by transplanting ratchet joints from some other toy which i was very envious of.

the cannon swinging out to the side of the wrong hip is driving me nuts

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Nodosaur posted:

the cannon swinging out to the side of the wrong hip is driving me nuts

it's weird and part of me wonders if they just flipped the photos for some reason, or the person taking the pics just didnt know how he was supposed to be set up. the other, more recent pics have it on the right side:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

juggalo baby coffin posted:

it's weird and part of me wonders if they just flipped the photos for some reason, or the person taking the pics just didnt know how he was supposed to be set up. the other, more recent pics have it on the right side:

Oh thank god

I hope that if it comes with a Leader-1 it's better than that sad attempt at a Sparkplug that came with Naval Commander.

In general this thing is hitting me better on the Armada nostalgia than Naval Commander did, in fact.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Action Jacktion posted:

Also those inexplicable Omni Production names, where Blaster became Billy, Metroplex became Philip, Jazz became Marshall, and Blurr became Wally. Meanwhile human characters got robot names, like Ginrai becoming Optimus.

...I mean, the latter one is more a function of how Masterforce handles the human/Transformer pairings. Like, in the west, the toy that was Ginrai in Japan, was Optimus Prime.

(Hell, did the Autobot/Cybertron Pretenders even have human names?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Gaz-L posted:

...I mean, the latter one is more a function of how Masterforce handles the human/Transformer pairings. Like, in the west, the toy that was Ginrai in Japan, was Optimus Prime.

(Hell, did the Autobot/Cybertron Pretenders even have human names?)

Metalhawk did. He just went by Hawk in his human identity.