Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sherry Bahm posted:

What fun it was having to run around town looking to get close enough to block a bot spammer.

It was a game within a game.

They hid in some clever places and that was, funnily enough, more engaging than most of the NGS content so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

kirbysuperstar posted:

but it does have a blocklist?

it's just uh..not particularly easy to add someone to it unless they are nearby

The other day it didn't even function for me. I reported a meseta bot and added them to my blocklist and yet I kept seeing the bot messages. I zoned fully out and back in just in case that had to happen and still I saw the screaming. I went to add them to my blocklist again and PSO2 helpfully informed me that the person was already on my blocklist. Meanwhile, the spam never stopped.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

What is it with the Ryuker device that makes it so that people don't show up in your nearby characters list unless you're right next to them? All of the bots I find are clipped halfway into the one in Central City.

Thankfully the blocking works properly for me.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

SuperKlaus posted:

I'm upset there's no claws or slicers for weapons and I can't be a Motavian owlman or Dezolian green man.

Bringing this back from the dead to mention that the new weapon camo scratch has Nei Claw RF for wired lances so there's now another chance to get some claws.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
There's 6 cash only Scratch Tickets for people to blow their money on at least.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Sherry Bahm posted:

There's 6 cash only Scratch Tickets for people to blow their money on at least.

With slightly tweaked versions of stuff you might already have, just so you can buy it twice!

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

its pretty funny that there are a bunch of big paid scratches in ngs now but even with a whole event going on the SG scratch is the same one its always been.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

CYBEReris posted:

its pretty funny that there are a bunch of big paid scratches in ngs now but even with a whole event going on the SG scratch is the same one its always been.

That's cause it is the one you can draw for free daily. Wouldn't want anyone getting anything besides useless N-SG badges now would we?

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Throw them a bone.

Just make sure they pay for it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Nemo2342 posted:

With slightly tweaked versions of stuff you might already have, just so you can buy it twice!

The current revival scratch items are not tweaked at all, except that the items are tradeable in NGS instead of in PSO2.
Although apparently a few of the emotes are ones that were in jp PSO2 but never available in na PSO2 before.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
And I will defend the Renewal stuff. You don't just click a button labeled enhance and have it spit out an updated version. They take as much work to produce as new stuff would.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Are they actually updated?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Bloodplay it again posted:

That's cause it is the one you can draw for free daily. Wouldn't want anyone getting anything besides useless N-SG badges now would we?

living it large swimming in my stash of shoulder pads

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Dabir posted:

Are they actually updated?

Yeah.

You can see that details which used to just be part of the texture are fully modeled. And it doesn't look like the originals were baked from a higher poly version.

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

nei hair is more affordable than when it was first released, big fan of the revival scratches here

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

7c Nickel posted:

Yeah.

You can see that details which used to just be part of the texture are fully modeled. And it doesn't look like the originals were baked from a higher poly version.

*record scratch noise*

Is Magia Savior on the .jp scratch, because I just logged the gently caress back in looking for it on the global server.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
They did a couple of Renewal Scratches for JP that were post engine update but pre NGS. You'll have to wait a bit for the global release.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

rodney mullenkamp posted:

nei hair is more affordable than when it was first released, big fan of the revival scratches here
Yeah, no-one should actually do the revival scratches because the odds of getting what you want are so low, but it’s great that they’ve been added because you can just let other people play the gacha for you and pick up what you want from the player shop for a few hundred thousand meseta when it used to cost tens/hundreds of millions in PSO2.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
It's time vs money ... unless you want something that only exists in the beauty scratches like Enamel Tights, in which case the only way you're getting them is real money.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The current revival scratch items are not tweaked at all, except that the items are tradeable in NGS instead of in PSO2.
Although apparently a few of the emotes are ones that were in jp PSO2 but never available in na PSO2 before.

There are two dozen new-to-global emotes in the scratch. Though what sucks is several are locked behind pulling a shitload of times; 85 pulls is a hundred and fifty loving us dollars.

Though at least as a consequence lots of emotes are cheap as hell on the shop.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

May change up the hair/hat/mask, but I think this is my look for a bit. The headphone acc from the renewal scratch is a nice generic tech bit for greebling. Here I'm using it as a bit of leg armor to match the bits that come on the shoulders. I also picked up the Wand Pose since I gotta rep for Techer.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

People keep posting that stupid weapon pre-combining graph at me whenever I mention grinding weapons. I'm buying cattleya swords for 1k and feeding them directly to the cattleya sword I'm using which gets me:
900 exp for 1k purchase and 4k grinding fee, 0.18 exp/meseta
it takes 35000 exp to max out a 4-star, so I need 39 cattleya swords for fodder
total cost is 195000

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

brand engager posted:

People keep posting that stupid weapon pre-combining graph at me whenever I mention grinding weapons. I'm buying cattleya swords for 1k and feeding them directly to the cattleya sword I'm using which gets me:
900 exp for 1k purchase and 4k grinding fee, 0.18 exp/meseta
it takes 35000 exp to max out a 4-star, so I need 39 cattleya swords for fodder
total cost is 195000

I haven’t seen that graph, but I definitely had to sit down and work out the math myself when people were telling me to sit around combining stuff instead of putting them into the base unit directly.

At the time the trade off turned out to be saving grinders if it did it directly or meseta if I combined stuff first, but since prices for everything bottomed out at 1k it stopped making sense to combine them first.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Pre-combining was only ever worth it with Silver Primm swords, nothing else. I remember working out the math for that on release week.
Now that you can buy 4* weapons for 1k that is a better option though, if you can buy ones with the same-type bonus for 1k (are resurgir that low yet?).

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Like many folks, I have more than once character, and I've only now started to move them over to NG.

Everything seems peachy thus far, save for one of them having their skin color totally distorted into a bright orange hue. An easy enough fix, I suppose, and I've been hoarding my salon and color cards or years, so no worries there. But after a while of playing around a bit with the character I was checking out some stuff in the market and looked in the Preview Window. I noticed that within that window, their skin and several accessories are stark white. Which, is odd, but not a big deal, and I just chalk it up to another visual bug of the game.

But it makes me wonder how much of my character is showing correctly. As in, are people seeing what I'm seeing in game, or what I'm seeing in that preview window.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The preview window specifically has a bunch of color-related bugs.
For example, accessories all show up as the default color, and makeup like the lip gloss that syncs with your outfit colors only shows as some default grey.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Good to know. Again, not terribly concerned about it, as I figured it par for the course by now.

But it did make me go "huh" for a minute there.

Also, I want to see a fix to the Multi Weapon Camo not showing bug already.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Nemo2342 posted:

I haven’t seen that graph, but I definitely had to sit down and work out the math myself when people were telling me to sit around combining stuff instead of putting them into the base unit directly.

Units are a bit of a different beast since we don't have the luxury of unit drops with esperio on them.

Weapons you shouldn't have any shortage of silver swords laying around by the time you can afford one with a decent fixa on it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
New cast parts! :toot:
It'll cost nearly 1.5m meseta to get the 3 type2 parts on the player market! :confuoot:

Apparently all the market prices for everything are way lower in the Japanese servers. I don't know how much of that is due to the balance of f2ps vs whales and how much is due to NA having more hat baron flippers and "investors" who buy stuff just to sell it later.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1417899724955430912?s=20

Not sure what the point is. Unless it drops something new people will just continue camping out west.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Apparently all the market prices for everything are way lower in the Japanese servers. I don't know how much of that is due to the balance of f2ps vs whales and how much is due to NA having more hat baron flippers and "investors" who buy stuff just to sell it later.

A little bit of both honestly.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Nemo2342 posted:

https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1417899724955430912?s=20

Not sure what the point is. Unless it drops something new people will just continue camping out west.

This is the new west gigas.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Gigantix Rappy when

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

hat baron flippers and "investors" who buy stuff just to sell it later.

That's a funny way to say "cancerous players"

Also sega hard-flooring featured items at 500,000 neseta is an extra dick move

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

New cast parts! :toot:
It'll cost nearly 1.5m meseta to get the 3 type2 parts on the player market! :confuoot:

You can't resell a lot of things once they've been bought off the player shop on NGS, but you can easily make an alt account and go grab all the red boxes with money in them and then buy an item off your mains shop funneling the money over. That's apparently the easy money scam people are playing. Will Sega ever actually do anything about it? With how much care the global servers have been getting in general probably not. :shrug:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

7c Nickel posted:

This is the new west gigas.

I've seen it show up in south the other day too, so it might just randomly replace a gigantix each storm?

Molestationary Store posted:

You can't resell a lot of things once they've been bought off the player shop on NGS, but you can easily make an alt account and go grab all the red boxes with money in them and then buy an item off your mains shop funneling the money over. That's apparently the easy money scam people are playing. Will Sega ever actually do anything about it? With how much care the global servers have been getting in general probably not. :shrug:

they'd have to do something like just, replace all the N-meseta boxes with either more SG or extra units. at least, I don't think there's anything you can do with sg that can mess with the economy like all that corn can

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
It's really strange that "farm a bunch of meseta with the 1-time bonuses on alts then transfer it all to your main by selling 1-star swords for 1mil on the player shop" isn't against TOS or bannable at all, since it is in similar games.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Is there a way to get Dread enemies to respawn? The daily task for defeating a seasonal Dread enemy always takes me forever to do because when I go to where they spawn they aren’t there (presumably because someone else already killed it), and even if I keep changing rooms/blocks it takes ages before I find one with an enemy.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Is there a way to get Dread enemies to respawn? The daily task for defeating a seasonal Dread enemy always takes me forever to do because when I go to where they spawn they aren’t there (presumably because someone else already killed it), and even if I keep changing rooms/blocks it takes ages before I find one with an enemy.

They're on a timer, and they won't spawn if nobody is currently in the area. So switching to other empty blocks to try and find one isn't going to work. Your best bet is to either go to a block where the area is populated, do your other daily tasks in one area and then look for a dread enemy when you're done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
So in case anyone doesn't know, apparently a way to work around the Multi Weapon Camo bug is... to have more than one copy of it, and assign a different one to each weapon. :suicide: