Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Bring back DDP, he and Goldberg's match did a pretty good rating on that one Nitro that if I remember correctly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
UpUpDownDown is being sponsored by the actual Army now, so that’s very funny

https://twitter.com/UpUpDwnDwn/status/1415687655241617410

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nice to see WWE is diversifying it’s blood money income streams.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Shayna Baszler posted:

i hope the woman with poo poo all over her eyes wins

It's like they're trying to represent Mads Mikkelsen's career trajectory.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Wrestlers don't actually count as employees correct? So this is just purely on the corporate side.

And I assume it's just a free month to Peacock

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
A 2% raise in honor of the new billion

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Digital Jedi posted:

Wrestlers don't actually count as employees correct? So this is just purely on the corporate side.

yeah vince gave his pet beaver a raise.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Gift baskets full of STEAK AND KETCHUP WRAPS.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Digital Jedi posted:

Yeah, wrestlers are contracted 'independent contractors', so they don't get raises if the company's doing well. The contracts are entirely one-sided though, as the company fires at will but they have no recourse to quit.

Not that that is legal, but nobody since Brock's had the money and desire to take them to court and gently caress them over.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

So Lashley beats Goldberg.

Right?

Right????

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

after goldberg beats big e or uhaa. i donm't remember that guy's wwe name anymore, not as a bit

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

Nice to see WWE is diversifying it’s blood money income streams.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cavauro posted:

after goldberg beats big e or uhaa. i donm't remember that guy's wwe name anymore, not as a bit

stone cold

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

after goldberg beats Stone Cold

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Goldberg is going to lose.

To Flash Funk.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I feel like Goldberg has said recently he doesn’t feel like he has the strength to do the jackhammer anymore but since people only want 2 things from him wwe makes him do it anyway and then we have the thing with undertaker being almost paralyzed and possibly more in the future

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

goldberg could do the jackhammer if he went to aew. the wrestlers there aren't as huge and big

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Cavauro posted:

goldberg could do the jackhammer if he went to aew. the wrestlers there aren't as huge and big

Or if WWE ever committed to making a main event star out of even one of the like 50 ex-PWG guys they've hired over the past 15 years

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Drew carried the company as champ throughout the pandemic and his reward is a feud with Jinder Mahal lol

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Seams posted:

Drew carried the company as champ throughout the pandemic and his reward is a feud with Jinder Mahal lol

This has gotta be one of those "Let's see what happens when we take away their oxygen" kinda tests

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if there is going to be a change in goldberg's career-end path into something he can be proud of, i must put my faith in goldberg to make it rather than wwe. i will find a place for him to do jackhammers

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
the jinder feud gotta be a holding pattern until he gets traded to smackdown and dethrones reigns right....

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
They want Rock to beat Roman I think

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Goldberg is going to do retirement matches until he can do it right

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Seams posted:

No way The Rock is having a championship run. He is there solely to job and do the 20th coronation of Roman.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
WWE has accidentally signed Goldberg's fat, shirtless son by mistake

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Seams posted:

Roman has openly talked up Drew so yeah I think that's probably the direction.

Or it might be if Vince ever planned anything in advance and his brain wasn't mush

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Shayna Baszler posted:

Didn't Goldberg's kid hit puberty and get jacked?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

This Goldberg news makes me even more certain that Kofi beats Lashley, Brock returns and challenges for the title (I no longer think he is going to jump into the MITB but he still might beat up all of the jobbers). Lashley then goes away from the title rematch so that he can fight Goldberg. After he beats Goldberg and Brock beats Kofi again, they face each other for the title.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shayna Baszler posted:

He’s been a pretty dominant NXT champion

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Roman has openly talked up Drew so yeah I think that's probably the direction.

Or it might be if Vince ever planned anything in advance and his brain wasn't mush

Last Meltzer heard, they REALLY want The Rock vs. Roman at 'Mania. Like, that's what all their planning is leading to, except that no one's actually bothered to ask The Rock if he actually wants to do it..and he sure as hell isn't going to do a run with the title, so I look forward to Roman vs. (rolls dice) Nikki A.S.H.. Because why not, at least she's under contract.

We Got Us A Bread fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jul 16, 2021

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There is no universe where a program with Roman is worth The Rock's time.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Bard Maddox posted:

UpUpDownDown is being sponsored by the actual Army now, so that’s very funny

https://twitter.com/UpUpDwnDwn/status/1415687655241617410

Should re-name it LeftLeftLeftRightLeft.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

We Got Us A Bread posted:

Last Meltzer heard, they REALLY want The Rock vs. Roman at 'Mania. Like, that's what all their planning is leading to, except that no one's actually bothered to ask The Rock if he actually wants to do it..and he sure as hell isn't going to do a run with the title, so I look forward to Roman vs. (rolls dice) Nicki Cross. Because why not, at least she's under contract.

Sorry there's no Nikki Cross anymore. She's Nikki A.S.H.

Yeah I'm just talking on the assumption that Rock would either laugh at being asked, or that everyone in WWE is so incompetent that they just forget to even ask Rock to do something

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

We Got Us A Bread posted:

Last Meltzer heard, they REALLY want The Rock vs. Roman at 'Mania. Like, that's what all their planning is leading to, except that no one's actually bothered to ask The Rock if he actually wants to do it..and he sure as hell isn't going to do a run with the title, so I look forward to Roman vs. (rolls dice) Nikki A.S.H.. Because why not, at least she's under contract.

Rocky isn't going to say no if he can possibly do it.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Reverse Montreal Screwjob, trick the rock into being champion again

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

Asuka wins money in the bank again and Becky comes out and tells Asuka to open the briefcase and her and Seth's child is in it and Asuka has to raise the child now. Then she loses the child to Charlotte or Alexa at summerslam

Best outcome

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I want the Rock to come back and drop out of the ceiling tiles backstage in a full sneaking suit like Sam Fisher.

He then sabotages various elements of the show with EMP darts and nightvision goggles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

WWE is just gonna give people a dumb title and a 5% raise to do 25% more work since they likely aren’t replacing the people they fired.