Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

philosophy tubes the doug walker to natalye WIN's avgn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

stop posting about breadtube in the cumtown thread

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Newest chapo v good with the blowback bois

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

why is stav the only one with a wikifeet page

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Philosophy Tube seems to be the one with the best (or at least better) politics of the bunch, but goddamn if she doesn't need someone to rein in her inner theater kid, that's loving spinning out of control

lumpentroll posted:

Because he's the only one who is worth it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lumpentroll posted:

kuz u touch urself at night

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

The Unnamed One posted:

Philosophy Tube seems to be the one with the best (or at least better) politics of the bunch, but goddamn if she doesn't need someone to rein in her inner theater kid, that's loving spinning out of control

I'm going to play a video of hers back to back with a Portishead video and see which one is more posh

edit: and I can understand her want for extravagance, as with Contrapoints, as it is great and wonderful and so radiant to be yourself, at last, but that kind of presentation is so drat hokey and already pushing into those so-called norms you were pushing against in the first place

Victory Position has issued a correction as of 09:18 on Jul 16, 2021

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Felix needs to read settlers

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

tokin opposition posted:

Felix needs to read settlers
no excuse now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rVrDKLEf64

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

lumpentroll posted:

stop posting about breadtube in the cumtown thread

speaking of, it made me sad that they really are going to shut it all down within three years

I think stav really wants something bigger

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
every thread is the cum town thread except the cum town thread which is the frasier thread

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Frequent chapo guests Derek Davidson and Danny Bessner have a new podcast about foreign policy, American Prestige, but Derek wanted to go on summer vacation, so the second episode is an interview with Matt Christman about US presidents.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Shipon posted:

every thread is the cum town thread except the cum town thread which is the frasier thread

what's up with Frasier?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Goa Tse-tung posted:

speaking of, it made me sad that they really are going to shut it all down within three years

I think stav really wants something bigger

my man's getting massive

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

another friday morning, another 1.mp3 downloaded onto my phone

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Stav's standup isn't good enough to get much bigger than he is on that circuit, I'd be wringing the pod for all it's worth

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

the thing that got Lindsay Ellis """cancelled""" was when she posted something along the lines of Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" being fairly similar and derivative of all of other of Disney's fare, which triggered a wave of condemnations mostly because Disney heavily heavily played up how diverse the writing and voice-acting cast was.

In her hour and a half long response video, Lindsay compared this to gamergate.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The new premium Chapo is the best it's been in a long time, and they should probably just post it for free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSSi5R3Ja6o

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Easily the best Chapo episode of 2021 so far.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Farm Frenzy posted:

its the dumbest poo poo ive ever seen and i cant wait for one of the worst people in this forum to show up and start calling her a racist

I don't think she's racist, I just thought it was funny that she got canceled by a group of people her videos usually targets (mainly Disney adults)

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I agree with Felix, Red Zone Cuba is one of my favorite MST3K episodes

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Joementum posted:

Easily the best Chapo episode of 2021 so far.

Agreed, honestly kind of hoping they get that cuban guest on that Brendan mentioned.

Id also love to hear more about the situation in latin america in general given that list of things the blowback guys rattled off as happening down there.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Victory Position posted:

well, you see, it's a YouTube video that isn't music or the half A-button press guy or the knife guy that's like, not only over three minutes, or five minutes, but an hour

philosophy is stupid. notice how no so-called "philosopher" has actually loving figured anything out they just ask more questions. hard pass

deadly serious

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

gradenko_2000 posted:

the thing that got Lindsay Ellis """cancelled""" was when she posted something along the lines of Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" being fairly similar and derivative of all of other of Disney's fare, which triggered a wave of condemnations mostly because Disney heavily heavily played up how diverse the writing and voice-acting cast was.

Easily the stupidest cancelation ever.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

YA fiction seems like the absolute worst for young authors without clout.

like the worst PTA meeting but never ending. “Of course I haven’t read the book but you’re a monster for writing it”

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Abi Thorn is cool, she hangs out with the trashfuture crew to watch terrible youtube videos all the time.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Trabisnikof posted:

YA fiction seems like the absolute worst for young authors without clout.

like the worst PTA meeting but never ending. “Of course I haven’t read the book but you’re a monster for writing it”

The commercial pop culture world is sort of just like that; I was originally in film school and I loved it, but once I started actually meeting other people in the film community it made me want to stop, so I stopped. The example I remember is that at a film festival after party at a bar the entire bar was film people and most people were very clearly putting on a weird persona and it was super off putting.

edit: also don’t go to film school if you can’t pay for it, dumb teenage me created so much loving debt, I can’t believe they loaned me that much money as a basically child.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

excuse me but student loan debt is a cornerstone of american finance

if you dont accrue some getting a useless degree, how will you get a job being useless that you only keep going to because you'd die without their sponsored health insurance?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Hooplah posted:

excuse me but student loan debt is a cornerstone of american finance

if you dont accrue some getting a useless degree, how will you get a job being useless that you only keep going to because you'd die without their sponsored health insurance?

it’s pretty funny that you can pay 10 grand to sit in a room where there’s 20 people pretending to be Quentin Tarantino at one another. Another fun anecdote:

Whenever I had a new film or film studies class on the first day where everyone always does introductions there would without fail be at least one different student who would talk about how Taxi Driver inspired them to go to film school and then throughout the year would bring up Taxi Driver in almost any discussion of a film.

This was in WI, so I don’t know if that means anything.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

philosophy is stupid. notice how no so-called "philosopher" has actually loving figured anything out they just ask more questions. hard pass

deadly serious

philosophy is defined by being useless, if a philosopher figures out something useful they suddenly become the founder of political science or psychology or classical physics

yeah acorns are not oak trees

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

"At what point does a dunk become a swirlie?" I gasp, smirking, as my bullies push my head back into the bowl

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

inferis posted:

i bought this book not really knowing who caleb maupin or breadtube were and i still don’t really but i know that i have been owned

this is like a modern day lovecraft story. a person buys an obscure tome without knowing that it is written by a madman and is full of forbidden knowledge

this was sort of Virgil Texas's gimmick in those Call of Cthulhu episodes, but someone needs to steal it from him

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Joementum posted:

Frequent chapo guests Derek Davidson and Danny Bessner have a new podcast about foreign policy, American Prestige, but Derek wanted to go on summer vacation, so the second episode is an interview with Matt Christman about US presidents.

i respect the hustle. or lack of hustle I guess.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Philosophy is good when it turns from explaining the world to destroying it, ie postmodernism, Marxism, and feminism, three great tastes that go well together.

gently caress the logic nerds, ancient philosophy pedos, and 17/18/19th century slaveowners.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Also is there a pirate feed of 5-4 thanks

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Scionix posted:

what did Lindsey Ellis do, doesn't she just talk about the little mermaid and poo poo. how does that go wrong exactly

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Stavbot cackles.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

deadly serious

philosophy makes me feel smart when I’m stoned

so yeah

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

imagine if lindsay was actually cool