Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Gonz posted:

I want the Rock to come back and drop out of the ceiling tiles backstage in a full sneaking suit like Sam Fisher.

He then sabotages various elements of the show with EMP darts and nightvision goggles.

tooth fairy 2's script got leaked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Get Smarter.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Penguin Patrol posted:

Reverse Montreal Screwjob, trick the rock into being champion again
Rock then shows up on Dynamite and throws the title in the trash. He has more than enough money* to pay however much WWE would sue him for that.

* - And TK as well

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jul 16, 2021

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Golden Bee posted:

So few contenders they have to put in the tag champs. Let’s send Mandy to NXT!

They can literally just make the match have 6 people in it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Benne posted:

"What if the most insufferable people in theater class decided to put on a Halloween party?"

WWE News/Views: What if the most insufferable people in theater class decided to put on a Halloween party?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Shayna Baszler posted:

WWE has accidentally signed Goldberg's fat, shirtless son by mistake
grats on your new job

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1415916216582123522?s=20

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Nia’s blown up? What, did they have her do a lap of the ring?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Golden Bee posted:

Nia’s blown up? What, did they have her do a lap of the ring?

Her hole plumb gave out

bartok
May 10, 2006

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

There is a Tooth Fairy 2 and they replaced The Rock with Larry The Cable Guy. The We Hate Movies podcast did an episode on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRDMx3-nhgY

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
How do you even gently caress up like this?

https://twitter.com/jbanks413/status/1416029644982194176

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Can't believe coward TK would lean on State Farm to cancel the event.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Turner’s goons sent a message

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

"Stay outta hotlanta!"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What's so insane is that I don't remember them screwing up this badly and regularly during the dark days of the mid-90s/New Generation when they were hemorrhaging stars and going broke. There were mistakes and poo poo, but nothing on the level of catastrophic gently caress-ups over the last few years.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Penguin Patrol posted:

Reverse Montreal Screwjob, trick the rock into being champion again

Ha, now I'm picturing Shane and Vince hitting the ring for a big hug a la Survivor Series '98, and Rock, bug-eyed in terror, realizing what's happening

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What's so insane is that I don't remember them screwing up this badly and regularly during the dark days of the mid-90s/New Generation when they were hemorrhaging stars and going broke. There were mistakes and poo poo, but nothing on the level of catastrophic gently caress-ups over the last few years.

King Mabel's push was the lowest of the low, but it only lasted two major PPVs and Vince moved on when it was obvious he couldn't work. We're bringing back Goldberg! Again! Who has two moves and can't hit one of them anymore!

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I think the difference is back then they were truly trying to put out a good product and were doing a bad job of it, whereas today they are making obscene amounts of money from their TV/Peacock deals so their only incentive is to do the bare minimum to meet their contractual obligations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1416037916627795970?s=19

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
At some point WWE's gonna evolve into one of those Youtube content farms that shovels out shoddily-animated AI scripted videos, except instead of Spiderman and Frozen Elsa it'll be like, Baron Corbin doing Fortnite dances with Sirenhead for 3 hours.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm sure this is fine.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Any idea what the cancellation could be about?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

explosivo posted:

poor ticket sales, probably? Or maybe someone in Statefarm's marketing division really really loves kayfaybe.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

coconono posted:

poor ticket sales, probably? Or maybe someone in Statefarm's marketing division really really loves kayfaybe.

You've gone too far, Jake from State Farm

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

explosivo posted:

You've gone too far, Jake from State Farm

Jake's related to Mickie James and takes that trashbag stunt personally.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

This has gotta be one of those "Let's see what happens when we take away their oxygen" kinda tests

they know it works. they took away everyone's third party/streaming abilities, and nobody did poo poo. They broke up New Day, and they didn't do poo poo. Even Zelina came back after tweeting pro-union stuff, and then deleted it when re-hired. The most anyone has done to go against the grain was saying No to Saudi Arabia. WWE knows their roster doesn't have the guts to do jack poo poo so they'll keep loving with them forever.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Did Big E ever actually get that much-anticipated push and is Apollo still a cumtown character

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Did Big E ever actually get that much-anticipated push

yeah it was like three whole weeks

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the poo poo they pulled with the New Day should be a warning to everyone signing with WWE. They'll steal your stuff and claim it'll be "better"

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

explosivo posted:

The presale tickets were probably completely untouched and they didn't want to run a venue with Thunderdome levels of attendance

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

DLC Inc posted:

they know it works. they took away everyone's third party/streaming abilities, and nobody did poo poo. They broke up New Day, and they didn't do poo poo. Even Zelina came back after tweeting pro-union stuff, and then deleted it when re-hired. The most anyone has done to go against the grain was saying No to Saudi Arabia. WWE knows their roster doesn't have the guts to do jack poo poo so they'll keep loving with them forever.

Even people that tried to wait out the pandemic eventually came back long before things got better, especially within the company.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

graph posted:

yeah it was like three whole weeks

good thing the new day made a pact to quit if they ever got split up or whatever

edit: to be clear i don't necessarily think they should quit or be beholden to that claim, they have pretty sweet deals all things considered and kofimania did happen which was one of the last really great things that WWE did imo

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
To be fair, it's probably a huge leap if WWE is the only promotion that you know. IIRC Big E was directly recruited from the college weight room and Kofi was just about ready to break out from his wrestling school promotion when he qualified at a WWE tryout. Xavier Woods seems to have the most amount of pre-WWE experience so that may be a reason why he has contingencies in place like a spot at G4.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
It really is amazing how much WWE wrestlers let the company walk all over them. Is the "WWE Dream" really that baked into every wrestler's head that they refuse to let it go even when it's blatantly obvious how little the company cares about them?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

lol It absolutely rules that they just sent Mandy Rose (half of a tag team that they spent time making look like a real team) down to NXT and also called up two random NXT women and made them a tag team and then put both members of the tag champs in the MITB match. They don’t have enough tag teams for their tag division. They don’t have enough singles stars for their MITB match. And even when they’re actively moving women between rosters, they’re doing it in ways that alleviate none of these problems. It’s so funny.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Drakkel posted:

It really is amazing how much WWE wrestlers let the company walk all over them. Is the "WWE Dream" really that baked into every wrestler's head that they refuse to let it go even when it's blatantly obvious how little the company cares about them?

america's so hosed up that a steady $3k/mo is enough to make you loyal to the worst of the worst.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The state farm show was canceled because the owners son was killed in a DUI. They waited until now so people think it’s a Covid thing.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

xbilkis posted:

Turner’s goons sent a message

you stay the gently caress out of Big Tony's territory, you hear us?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/lola_bluu/status/1416039784145989635?s=21

Vince gonna trade his giant pile of Ls for a single W and call that a victory.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Are they just taking their ball and going back to the thunderdome forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

coconono posted:

https://twitter.com/lola_bluu/status/1416039784145989635?s=21

Vince gonna trade his giant pile of Ls for a single W and call that a victory.

are they literally cancelling SummerSlam