Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
lol science is grand. https://www.realclearpolicy.com/art...ife_777173.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

un loving real that what has held back UFO disclosure for so many decades is that the born-agains think aliens are literally demons and devils out of the Bible

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

bedpan posted:

un loving real that what has held back UFO disclosure for so many decades is that the born-agains think aliens are literally demons and devils out of the Bible

The real mind gently caress is when we find out they were right.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

bedpan posted:

ikr? our fearless leaders and protectors when faced with any oppurtunity scream satan at it. itd be funny if it wasnt real

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Zisky posted:

Yes, but the close encounters ending is far too optimistic.

no happy endings...but an adventure in space and possibly time! id take it even if it means certain death

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Butternubs posted:

The real mind gently caress is when we find out they were right.

“We are legion, for we are many.” ~*flies away in a tictac*~

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Delta-Wye posted:

more lues clues... friday. i trust the black vault to deliver more than corbell at this point at least

https://twitter.com/blackvaultcom/status/1415325201257013251

https://twitter.com/blackvaultcom/status/1415857469125840899

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

poo poo or get off the pot man

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

who is this guy and why should we care about his self-promotion?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

neutral milf hotel posted:

who is this guy and why should we care about his self-promotion?

He is by far the best person in UFOs doing FOIA work and of all the journalists working on the topic, he's probably the most trustworthy.

Not sure if he considers himself a journalist, but it's the best descriptor I could think of.

That isn't to say his stuff should be trusted uncritically, just that in a field full of bullshit artists, his stuff is about as well sourced as it can be. His drop teasing is super annoying though, and it's why I can't follow him on Twitter.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/NASAHubble/status/1416011004807458818?s=20

Hubble lives

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

A MIRACLE posted:

lol if they don’t let us in

We are basically the ferengi and no one wants anything to do with us and our undying devotion to profit above all else

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

when the number thread and the ufo thread collide

The report, based on the risk taxonomy from the leading investment consultancy Towers Watson, equals the first quantitative analysis of potential financial risk to portfolios associated with an alien invasion and develops a set of key recommendations.

The results of the report are the following: The authors find that there is a growing body of evidence that an alien invasion is likely to occur in the near future and that this risk could be systemic, with particular exposures to high-carbon fossil fuel companies that could face significant stranding of assets. The analysis mobilizes asset-level, bottom-up UFO sightings data with top-down scenario analysis based on a review of over 1000 Hollywood movies to isolate key geographic risks, with particular exposure to risks in the United States, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PawParole has issued a correction as of 15:58 on Jul 16, 2021

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

The ferengi make first contact with earth and offer warp technology, but get pissed and gently caress off forever after humans keep trying to give them gold-plated platinum bars, then platinum-plated gold bars, then an alloy of gold and platinum, becoming increasingly frustrated and confused as to what the hell the ferengi want

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

The lights on the birds I saw when I was a kid alternated from white to a dark red hue and all the hues in between (orange, yellow, etc).

I always magnet into reports with that characteristic. Come back friends! I swear I'm ready to talk!

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Azathoth posted:

His drop teasing is super annoying though, and it's why I can't follow him on Twitter.

hes also a fan of posting his articles/videos on reddit with words emphasized in ALL CAPS lol

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

:3:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:hellyeah:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Rah! posted:

hes also a fan of posting his articles/videos on reddit with words emphasized in ALL CAPS lol

Yeah, I don't begrudge people doing self-promotion and poo poo like that because as dumb as I find it, it actually works to get people to look. Just not gonna subject myself to it and will instead wait for people who don't do that poo poo to tell me about it.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

You might not like it but this is what peak sapience looks like

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

PawParole posted:

when the number thread and the ufo thread collide

The report, based on the risk taxonomy from the leading investment consultancy Towers Watson, equals the first quantitative analysis of potential financial risk to portfolios associated with an alien invasion and develops a set of key recommendations.

The results of the report are the following: The authors find that there is a growing body of evidence that an alien invasion is likely to occur in the near future and that this risk could be systemic, with particular exposures to high-carbon fossil fuel companies that could face significant stranding of assets. The analysis mobilizes asset-level, bottom-up UFO sightings data with top-down scenario analysis based on a review of over 1000 Hollywood movies to isolate key geographic risks, with particular exposure to risks in the United States, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands.

lol

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Azathoth posted:

Yeah, I don't begrudge people doing self-promotion and poo poo like that because as dumb as I find it, it actually works to get people to look. Just not gonna subject myself to it and will instead wait for people who don't do that poo poo to tell me about it.

i wanna know what he found in the lue emails that he recovered from other people

did they find pisstape do the greys have it

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV9hix-p6Ic&t=56s

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Rah! posted:

i wanna know what he found in the lue emails that he recovered from other people

did they find pisstape do the greys have it

in my head, there's a tape of some top DoD officials doing a carefully crafted introduction where trump is brought into a room to meet a gray but instead of being awed or freaking out trump makes boring small talk for a few minutes and then leaves to go watch tv

they never told him not to talk about it with anyone, he just never did

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Azathoth posted:

in my head, there's a tape of some top DoD officials doing a carefully crafted introduction where trump is brought into a room to meet a gray but instead of being awed or freaking out trump makes boring small talk for a few minutes and then leaves to go watch tv

they never told him not to talk about it with anyone, he just never did

he thought the alien was stephen miller and didnt want to talk to some dumb rear end nerd when its gorilla channel time

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Rah! posted:

he thought the alien was stephen miller and didnt want to talk to some dumb rear end nerd when its gorilla channel time

trump blurting out on fox that aliens are real would have been the funniest possible way that disclosure could happen, but it's somehow even funnier to me that he knows but just never said anything so when disclosure happens now, someone's gonna ask trump if he knew and his answer will be something like "oh you mean Glorbax? yeah he was boring, what about him?"

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Azathoth posted:

trump blurting out on fox that aliens are real would have been the funniest possible way that disclosure could happen, but it's somehow even funnier to me that he knows but just never said anything so when disclosure happens now, someone's gonna ask trump if he knew and his answer will be something like "oh you mean Glorbax? yeah he was boring, what about him?"

the Zeta Reticulans have treated me very badly, nobody’s rear end has been treated as badly as mine, their probes are very low class and everybody knows it

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

we are the aliens' gorilla channel

makes u think

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Bob Socko posted:

“We are legion, for we are many.” ~*flies away in a tictac*~

lol a herd of pigs runs into the sea, and once the last one falls in the tic tac emerges

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
thats so rude, everyone knows the preferred term is now #bpocvault

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

i unironically want a gorilla channel

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

my gf likes to play park service webcam streams, those are kinda like the gorilla channel. i watched like 30 bears eating fish yesterday

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The interstellar consortium that produces the royal slurry used to nurse the sacred spawn of the elder gods is not happy with me -- that's ok, I'll keep drinking that garbage

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
big tough alien came up to me, tears leaking from his glands, saying “leader! leader!”

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Azathoth posted:

and it would make perfect sense because the only thing he'd care about wrt aliens is whether or not they were saying nice things about him

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Igniknokt came up to me, his face bleeding from a (badly needed) crash, begging for a transdimensional hyperinducer...I SAID NO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Wheeee posted:

i unironically want a gorilla channel

turn off ur monitor lol