Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I think it's just throwing out any old error due to the amount of traffic. I guess it's proving popular then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.
It looks like you've been attempting a lot of purchases in the last few hours. Please wait a while before trying again.

Cool cool cool

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Looks like I managed to get a reservation. I got the confirmation email and it shows up in my account purchase history.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I kind of hate the name Steam Deck since Stream Deck is already a thing and now I have to parse words carefully.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Just had mine go through finally at 10:13 PDT.

untzthatshit
Oct 27, 2007

Snit Snitford

Logging out and back in fixed the "account is too new" problem.

Then I was able to get in and reserve it, though every time i clicked on the next button the site would crash but reloading took me back to where i needed to me. hung on the green button for like 5+ minutes before seeing a confirmation.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
My fav part is the error telling me to contact Steam Support. Yeah I'll get right on that

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
yeah we've all been flagged as suspicious activity F5'ing the checkout and are probably in some purchasing purgatory God drat you gaben, I bought an Index. I should be at the top of the list!!1

Stupid Boxes
Feb 9, 2004

good grief!
maybe they werent dumb about this and if you have it in your cart it will eventually work

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
God I hate this future. Can't buy anything when it comes out even if I'm there right when it hits

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Argyle posted:

poo poo, I thought it was frozen and backed out. Went back to my cart and it gave me errors every time I clicked "continue". Now it's telling me I've "attempted to make too many purchases in the last couple hours". gently caress.

Same here. Lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Shammypants posted:

Took 7 minutes of green button pressed to process. Just wait

Yeah it took me a good 5!

Got my pre order in. That was ridiculous though.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
Put payment info in, got error messages saying "Try again shortly".

Tried again shortly, repeatedly.

Now getting "It looks like you've been attempting a lot of purchases in the last few hours. Please wait a while before trying again." What the gently caress Valve, fix your poo poo.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Mine has been sitting at working for about 5-6 minutes after clicking purchase. Guess I'll just let it marinate.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

"It looks like you've been attempting a lot of purchases in the last few hours. Please wait a while before trying again."

Ah so this is MY fault, got it.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Hmm... well, I get the "you're trying too many purchases" message or whatever, but hey, check your purchase history page:

I have "Steam Deck 512 GB Deposit" "Pending Purchase" listed.
So if it's pending... maybe good?

particle9
Nov 14, 2004
In the guide to getting dumped, this guy helped me realize that with time it does get better. And yeah, he did get his custom title.
Mine switched back from too many purchases to now errors with transaction try again.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I knew this poo poo was gonna pop off but ugh its so annoying!

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Well good, at least other people are getting the lot of purchases warning. I'm just going to assume since I got the thing in my cart at 10 sharp it's going to put me in the right place, instead of being at the back of a 2 year line.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

God I hate this future. Can't buy anything when it comes out even if I'm there right when it hits

yeah its great

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

Took like 13 refreshes to get it to accept my payment method (CC), but got lucky and got past that. Took another 5 minutes once I clicked confirm, but did get a confirmation. I didn't know that I should have gotten steam credit so it wouldn't have to go through a processor, but I'll know for next time I guess.

Are people really getting 'sold out' messages? for which models? Its only been 17 minutes!

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

It's just been this error solid for 15 minutes

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jul 16, 2021

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Now I can't wait until Dec when the thread explodes because none of us will actually get one of these until ~Jul 2022.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Stupid Boxes posted:

maybe they werent dumb about this and if you have it in your cart it will eventually work

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Finally got a message saying something to affect of, "You may have completed this purchase? We don't know? We can't tell you one way or another. Check your email maybe?"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bone Crimes posted:

Are people really getting 'sold out' messages? for which models? Its only been 17 minutes!

Not surprising by this, gaming consoles sell out instantly. PS5/SeriesX|S/Switch all sold out instantly. The Switch OLED went up for pre-order yesterday and sold out instantly too.

Wordicuffs
Jun 14, 2011
I got locked out for too many failed purchases but tbh the complete lack of queue control or any type of foresight at all on the checkout process killed a lot of my excitement anyway so I'm not too mad

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Finally got it. Now to spend my Steam Points.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.

Wordicuffs posted:

I got locked out for too many failed purchases but tbh the complete lack of queue control or any type of foresight at all on the checkout process killed a lot of my excitement anyway so I'm not too mad

same except I'm quite mad

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

which versions have people been able to preorder?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
/\ - We went with the biggest one

Finally went through for my girlfriend and I's orders. Our internet kept cutting out during it as well. I blame steam. We both work from home and playing games in the office after working in it all day kinda sucks, so hopefully, this will allow us to play more games together without having to be in one room for 16 hours of a day.

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jul 16, 2021

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

I said come in! posted:

Not surprising by this, gaming consoles sell out instantly. PS5/SeriesX|S/Switch all sold out instantly. The Switch OLED went up for pre-order yesterday and sold out instantly too.

Scalpers are probably a big part of that. While the actual system seems to be bad tying it to account purchases will stop those bots

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

Barreft posted:

which versions have people been able to preorder?

512 here

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Steam locked me out for saying I was attempting too many purchases in too short of a time. RIP

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
"Your account is too new to reserve early"

Member since November 16, 2004.

Is nothing good enough for you Gabe?!

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
And now I can't add anything because it says I have a pending transaction under my account. :shrug:

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I got the middle version because I can buy a screen protector that does the glare bullshit

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Revitalized posted:

Steam locked me out for saying I was attempting too many purchases in too short of a time. RIP

Same. Can't even add funds to my wallet now.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

If I have a "pending" order in my purchase history, that's the best I'm going to get right now, yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

256GB. I doubt there's going to be any limits on each model, the whole point of the pre-order system is to gauge the number of units they need for launch.