Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Nobody cares. He must pay, regardless of what he has or has not done. The crowd demands blood, and will have it one way or another.

Thank you for trying to make my comment on the bloodthirsty nature of crowds about a probable child-groomer, though.

You seem really stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
where's Virgil? where is he???

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Cosmik Slop posted:

What if we force him at gunpoint to do the High Hopes dance in the town square until he collapses from exhaustion

The High Hopes dance is a beautiful thing and should not be used for such purposes.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

uber_stoat posted:

Look out, he's right behind you!

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Boywhiz88 posted:

I hope they talk about the native school poo poo in Canada soon. Too many awful takes and articles to not have Matt go off McCardle-style.

True Anon, the better podcast and still only non-pedophile podcast, already covered this well.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Nobody cares. He must pay, regardless of what he has or has not done. The crowd demands blood, and will have it one way or another.

Thank you for trying to make my comment on the bloodthirsty nature of crowds about a probable child-groomer, though.

sus as gently caress

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

interesting how passionate you feel about a dude grooming a kid facing no real 'punishment' or 'mobbing' but just kinda going dark and everyone going 'oh, well that sucks, gently caress that guy I guess' and moving on.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
me, a normal not-pedophile watching a guy just kinda ghost accusations of grooming as everyone around him shrugs and goes 'well, not working with that rear end in a top hat anymore I guess': the baying mob screams for blood, and oh they have taken their pound of flesh this day from this poor soul...

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

“Operation Paperclip but you’re sounding with a paper clip” adds to the list of chapo phrases that got me in trouble for laughing out loud and being demanded to know what was so funny.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

sexpig by night posted:

interesting how passionate you feel about a dude grooming a kid facing no real 'punishment' or 'mobbing' but just kinda going dark and everyone going 'oh, well that sucks, gently caress that guy I guess' and moving on.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You seem really stupid.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Danger posted:

True Anon, the better podcast and still only non-pedophile podcast, already covered this well.

Seconding this, it was a good and highly depressing episode

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Mr. Lobe posted:

whoopsie I somehow read one of those as chlorpromazine not klonopin

Please tell me you're not a pharmacist, and if you are, please tell me you are speeding back to work to fix a bad mistake.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

uber_stoat posted:

Returned to his home planet.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Scholtz posted:

Please tell me you're not a pharmacist, and if you are, please tell me you are speeding back to work to fix a bad mistake.

I don't think I've personally even seen either of those pills before, they only exist as words and you know, I'm capable of being pretty dumb about words some times

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
no wonder metoo died, its proponents are loving annoying

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/drewtoothpaste/status/1416149606774280196?s=19

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1416136485254963201?s=19

I agree with Chapo that anyone joining Roman Catholic church as an adult has serious persistent mental illness

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Nick Soapdish posted:

I agree with Chapo that anyone joining Roman Catholic church as an adult has serious persistent mental illness

Finding out Sohrab Ahmari and Adrian Vermeule were both adult converts (Vermeule was like 50) explained so much. Also look up Vermeule's full name for a good chuckle.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1416136485254963201?s=19

I would like to find a single convert to Catholicism who did it because of the loving Latin mass

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
So many of the church's problems would be solved if they just let priests gently caress but instead we get sickos online demanding they hold Latin masses.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

FlamingLiberal posted:

I would like to find a single convert to Catholicism who did it because of the loving Latin mass

Not a convert but a buddy of mine who is on his way to be a priest (he was suppose to be this past April but the Cardinal in Chicago told him to wait another year) fully plans to have his first mass as a priest to be a Latin mass in full Latin. And he is still dead set on doing it

My other buddy (we all went to grade and high school together) who has been a priest already for 4 years thinks our friend is a loving idiot for wanting a Latin Mass.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Proust Malone posted:

“Operation Paperclip but you’re sounding with a paper clip” adds to the list of chapo phrases that got me in trouble for laughing out loud and being demanded to know what was so funny.

This made me so uncomfortable I had to stand up and walk around

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Androies posted:

So many of the church's problems would be solved if they just let priests gently caress but instead we get sickos online demanding they hold Latin masses.
Don’t kinkshame

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
Does anyone have the link to the video clip they played on the recent patreon episode of Trump's drug turn-in speech?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Halloween Jack posted:

I understand why Matt maybe doesn't see individual presidential administrations as meaningful eras a la History of Rome, but I would gladly listen to him talk about Martin "The Little Magician" Van Buren for 90 minutes.
Ha ha, I win!

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Mr. Grinch posted:

This made me so uncomfortable I had to stand up and walk around

Just take the paperclip out bro

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/hayleyglyphs/status/1416249279623012353?s=19

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

:lmao:

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Does Matt ever elaborate on the "pilgrims are people who reasoned themselves out of believing in god, then had to reason themselves back into believing" argument he used on monday's episode?

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Hell of presidents is pretty good but Chris' production sounds like a twitch stream, just annoying and distracting drops even while they're speaking

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

terrorist ambulance posted:

Hell of presidents is pretty good but Chris' production sounds like a twitch stream, just annoying and distracting drops even while they're speaking

He's been doing this lately and he has no concept of appropriate timing, volume, or when it's actually adding to the conversation instead of just sticking in the thing being referenced in case you're stupid and don't get it

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
It’s fine

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Sephyr posted:

Does Matt ever elaborate on the "pilgrims are people who reasoned themselves out of believing in god, then had to reason themselves back into believing" argument he used on monday's episode?

I laughed because it was a funny concept but I didn't get it myself

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
I could have sworn he was alluding to Protestants thinking the Catholic church was bullshit but continuing to be Christians anyway but I was only half listening

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

terrorist ambulance posted:

Agreed, it wasn't so bad at first but it's getting grating.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Chris channeling the spirit of the 2000s Howard Stern show is great. He’s the new Fred Norris and it owns.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
I don't mind the introduction of the soundboard but Chris is abusing the wolf howl

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The stonecutters song playing over Matt for like 15 seconds crossed a line

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Richard Christy go on chapo

Also someone get Chris a Bababooey drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

BGrifter posted:

Chris channeling the spirit of the 2000s Howard Stern show is great. He’s the new Fred Norris and it owns.

:hfive: :jj:

(It was even better in the '90s.)