Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Welp, just saw it on Twitter: The reserve keys are coming.

Testing is supposed to be possible now on the test server.

You have to run special sites in LowSec to get the keys. Then you use the keys to link up with an ESS from the region corresponding to your key, and then the reserve bank very slowly drains into your cargo hold.

This also alerts the entire region, so better bring some serious firepower to hold your ground!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Why the hell do they want everyone in Lowsec all the drat time?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Because it's not hisec, it's not null and it's not wormholes.

Halborn
Nov 8, 2020

So a brittle blade will shatter before it bends, so a brittle soul will break before it turns.
Lowsec getting gently caressed.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

rocketrobot posted:

Probably because outside of a few key systems it's a ghost town.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

rocketrobot posted:

Because everyone on reddit complains that they need to fix Faction War. And where is faction war? Low sec... so if they make new things and force people to go to low sec, they'll fix faction war because :ccp:

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
What exactly are these reserve keys? Free money from somewhere?

janesirober
Jun 18, 2021
the reserve key stuff has the potential of being cool but its CCP so they will probably gently caress it all up somehow

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Aren't we likely just gonna see a bigger corp farming up keys and visiting empty systems to withdraw massive quantities of isk? I always liked the idea of ESS because it seemed like it was a method for smaller gangs or even solo players to get involved in a method of PvP that also offered some sustainability via isk generation. It was never worthwhile for a big corp to do it because it wasn't a ton of isk, but it was more than nothing so newer players could use it as a way to get isk and not get sucked into the mission running trap. It sounds like a ton of isk could be made off this, so aren't we just gonna see big corps taking over?

I'm sure this has been talked about before but as someone who is kind of unfamiliar without it all, just curious what this is really gonna look like. How much isk will people actually be able to get off this?

Also, because it's just on the test server and not live, we won't really know until it goes live, right? Isn't the test server fairly unpopulated?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

CFox posted:

What exactly are these reserve keys? Free money from somewhere?

nowadays when you shoot red crosses, a portion of the money you'd get goes into a piggy bank that can be stolen

notaviking
Aug 15, 2011

You can run, but you'll just die tired...
Have been gone a long time - played back when they first implemented PI. Sadly I admit I underestimated CCPs ability and long range strategic plan to screw up space spreadsheets.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Seems like the ESS payout is hilariously low. I'm sure it will get tweaked, but it looks like a million per minute, divided amongst all those participating in a hack.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

What's going to keep someone from just draining their own ESS?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Dik Hz posted:

What's going to keep someone from just draining their own ESS?

Absolutely nothing lol

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
That's what most people are speculating at the moment (given, it's mostly just the shitters on Reddit).

Big blocs are just gonna buy the keys from Jita for their systems and drain those continuously. Easy passive money, albeit very little of it. But hell, if you can afk hack at little to no risk, might as well just park an alt there and keep draining. Unless I'm missing something.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Phlegmish posted:

I rarely ever saw NC around to begin with, and I'm not even USTZ

By now it seems to be mostly Pubdemic Legion of Hordes or whatever they're called that is all-in on keeping Legacy alive

Yeah, as a large org, NCdot has basically been a no-op for the last six months of the war -- it's mainly a retirement home for folks who only log on for supercap fights. On an individual level though, SIN had a lot of the active USTZ FCs, who would be leading other non-NC folks on ops: Bruthabob, Joey Zahm, Bunny, etc.

And now with those USTZ FCs gone, a lot of the PH folks that would be out and about shooting bubbles / camping the 1DQ gate / etc. are now just logged off in T5Z playing other games waiting for poo poo to happen.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
@EVERYONE

o7
RED PEN ESS CTA
BRING THE SUPERSECRET FLEET NUMBER 3
FLEETS UNDER PROGOD AND VILY

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

ShowTime posted:

Unless I'm missing something.

I think (from reading, not from testing) that the game will alert everybody in the entire region when anyone is stealing from a system's reserve bank, and this shows the thieves profile and corp.

If that's the case, there's definitely going to be curious people showing up in system.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

ullerrm posted:

Yeah, as a large org, NCdot has basically been a no-op for the last six months of the war -- it's mainly a retirement home for folks who only log on for supercap fights. On an individual level though, SIN had a lot of the active USTZ FCs, who would be leading other non-NC folks on ops: Bruthabob, Joey Zahm, Bunny, etc.

And now with those USTZ FCs gone, a lot of the PH folks that would be out and about shooting bubbles / camping the 1DQ gate / etc. are now just logged off in T5Z playing other games waiting for poo poo to happen.

The year is 750,420,069. papi leadership solemnly promises that 1DQ will be invaded before the outer layers of our dying sun envelop our planet, snuffing out all complex life - and this time they mean it so goons had better watch out

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Holy poo poo, Eve online. I remember that game. I should perhaps log in again some day and see whats changed. Its been...uhh...4+ years since i played?

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

So is snuff actually coming back or is this just their usual trolling?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Malefitz posted:

Did you see mitten’s reaction to the statement lol

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

They did the opposite troll a while back so I'm not holding my breath

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Did you see mitten’s reaction to the statement lol

No didn't watch the twitch, just read in delta Discord and on :reddit:

So sounds like probably not. Too bad could have been fun

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
its cool they're loving with FRT. we don't need israd making GBS threads up our good channels quite "yet"...

Captain Melo
Mar 28, 2014

ullerrm posted:

Joey Zahm is still a bitch and I get so much joy from reminding him of the fact that he missed out when naming his alt Rob Zahm instead of Rob Zahmbie. Hate him for that.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Malefitz posted:

What does your heart tell you?

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Yeah, I know I've been away for a number of years, but after looking at the map just on a whim, I have to ask what the hell happened?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Cimber posted:

Yeah, I know I've been away for a number of years, but after looking at the map just on a whim, I have to ask what the hell happened?

The entire game allied against us and beat their heads against a wall for over a year now because one guy's ego didn't get stroked enough.

Now their coalition is falling apart because CCP decided to make 0.0 basically worthless poo poo tier space not really worth fighting for because ~reasons~, and people only fight for their own self-interests and they're beginning to realize there's no fun or profit in continuing the war.

We still hold the O-EIMK constellation and they don't have the numbers or balls to try and take it.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The entire game allied against us and beat their heads against a wall for over a year now because one guy's ego didn't get stroked enough.

Now their coalition is falling apart because CCP decided to make 0.0 basically worthless poo poo tier space not really worth fighting for because ~reasons~.

We still hold the O-EIMK constellation and they don't have the numbers or balls to try and take it.

Guess I'm gonna continue to win eve

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Cimber posted:

Guess I'm gonna continue to win eve

It depends on what you want to do in this game. some people find this situation awesome, because we are surrounded by a rich hunting ground of enemy idiots.
industry, mining and ratting really aren't a thing though.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

I mean until everyone quits loving around, we aren't going to make any progress.
We need four fleets forming simultaneously but, for whatever reason, key personnel seem to think that 'not attempting to win' is somehow a tenable strategy.
Our fleet loadout in USTZ should be
TEST + PAPI Assemble - Muninns (full fleet)
Horde - Eagles (full fleet)
NC + PL + Winterco (120+) blarpies (or comprable assault frigate/t3d)
Legacy Coalition (150-200+) cerbs

Our Eagle and Muninn fleets kill the enemy HAC fleet
Our blarpies kill light fighters
Our Cerbs split launchers into 5 groups and exclusively shoot hostile fighters, five broadcasts at a time, and you eviscerate the enemy fleet.

Ignoring the carriers doesn't get us anywhere, especially fighting on jammer grids where 50% of space worth fighting for is covered by a 10-chain keepstar doomsday.

But until we quit loving around and agree to form consistently, this isn't going to happen. While I support trying out new ideas, and am glad Gobbins, for example, is getting personally involved with the campaign, new ideas without a victory-condition focused strategy won't get us anywhere.

This channel, server and coalition are riddled with naysayers, defeatists, afk discord FC's with less value than wet paperweights and an assortment of spineless weaklings who seem to have somehow accepted that we "can't win" even though we've burned 95% of Imperium space, won countless fights and done more damage to these guys than anyone else has ever before in the history of the game. Let me know when ya'll want to get serious about winning.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

MRC48B posted:

industry, mining and ratting really aren't a thing though.

There is heaps of industry happening and plenty of mining if you want to do it. ADM fleets still need to happen, otherwise highsec mining is weirdly profitable.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Even if they could manage this, it won't work. We can reship and reform instantly. They have to reship from their staging (where we control the market), then make it through a gate that will be hosed due to tidi, then survive a fighter blob, then make it back into their fleet.

yoloer420 fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jul 17, 2021

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

The real joke is in the last part that you didn't quote, where bob says he's sick of cowardice.... Then goes and joins NSH, the group who claim to do their own thing but are the definition of 'cant achieve anything without a bloc backing them'.

madjack fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jul 17, 2021

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I mean until everyone quits loving around, we aren't going to make any progress.
We need four fleets forming simultaneously but, for whatever reason, key personnel seem to think that 'not attempting to win' is somehow a tenable strategy.

Our Eagle and Muninn fleets kill the enemy HAC fleet
Our blarpies kill light fighters
Our Cerbs split launchers into 5 groups and exclusively shoot hostile fighters, five broadcasts at a time, and you eviscerate the enemy fleet.

Ignoring the carriers doesn't get us anywhere, especially fighting on jammer grids where 50% of space worth fighting for is covered by a 10-chain keepstar doomsday.

But until we quit loving around and agree to form consistently, this isn't going to happen. While I support trying out new ideas, and am glad Gobbins, for example, is getting personally involved with the campaign, new ideas without a victory-condition focused strategy won't get us anywhere.

This channel, server and coalition are riddled with naysayers, defeatists, afk discord FC's with less value than wet paperweights and an assortment of spineless weaklings who seem to have somehow accepted that we "can't win" even though we've burned 95% of Imperium space, won countless fights and done more damage to these guys than anyone else has ever before in the history of the game. Let me know when ya'll want to get serious about winning.

source your quotes

also: ffffffffffffffffffffffffffft

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Jazzzzz posted:

source your quotes

also: ffffffffffffffffffffffffffft

https://pastebin.com/Bs6kWuHw

https://pastebin.com/AkLUhXnv

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
How does this reserve bank thing work anyhow? Assuming it doesn't get robbed, does it eventually pay out like regular ESS?

Or does it solely exist to be robbed?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Goons literally lost all their space twice and were forced to move from one end of the Galaxy to the other and yet these shitheads think they’ve been the biggest threat in our history. Lmao

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Goons literally lost all their space twice and were forced to move from one end of the Galaxy to the other and yet these shitheads think they’ve been the biggest threat in our history. Lmao

It's been more than twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

keep in mind that, to hostiles, we aren't goonswarm federation, we're the old northern coalition (no dot)

some of these fucks have been carrying water for over a decade now