Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Davros1 posted:

Years ago there was an art of The Clone Wars series book, and it was full of commentary from Filoni and the other artists. There was only one single comment in the whole book (that I recall) from George Lucas:

"If I didn't stop Dave, he'd have Plo Koon in every episode."

That bastard Lucas has finally given me a reason to hate him. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/DavidWCollins/status/1416096947513872384?s=20

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
This has been the only episode of both Clone Wars and Bad Batch I've seen on my regular TV and not a pc monitor and it was the right one to watch, the lighting in this episode was amazing

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:eyepop:

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

It…it rhymes.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Ballz posted:

Really? I was the only one to stay up late to see more Hera and Chopper antics? Ok.

i’m glad they didn’t kill off Hera’s mom so soon after introducing her. She’s an interesting character and I hope we see more of her

I was fully expecting her to get killed in the escape attempt too. But I guess we never learned in Rebels exactly how she had died. Still, I kind of think Hera would have mentioned how her family was on the run from the Empire from nearly the beginning.

Also Chopper Kill Count: first (droid) blood

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Now there’s the Chopper I know and love, good episode this week.

If I recall correctly there’s only 4 left to go now, I’m curious if we’ll be spilling over into a season 2 or if they can wrap everything up in one shot (either’s a strong possibility at this point)

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I’m really hoping there are four left. I’ve heard the 16 thing a lot, and there’s only been titles released for two more which makes 14 episodes. I’m really hoping the 16 number count wasn’t before the three episodes were combined for the premiere.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Hopefully the feature length premiere still only counts as one episode though but we’ll see I guess (unless we’re getting a season 2 in which case it’s probably fine either way).

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The site I use to keep track of when new episodes of shows I watch are airing shows another four episodes of the season: https://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/The-Bad-Batch-summary

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I'm wondering if the strength of the chip wears off over time.

The chips have a big initial burst of power to totally override the troopers' free will and force them to kill off the jedi, then the empire relies on their training (and rapid aging) to handle the rest as they convert to regular troops.

Then poor Crosshair goes and gets his chip supercharged :(

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Yeah now I'm wondering if the regular clones seemingly being more overtly dickish in the first few eps was a "chip" thing or a "they just don't like the Batch" thing

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I really liked Hauser and hope to see him again in better circumstances.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Was I imagining things, or was that the Y-wing Chopper was shot down in still mouldering in place there on the Syndulla residence set?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Madurai posted:

Was I imagining things, or was that the Y-wing Chopper was shot down in still mouldering in place there on the Syndulla residence set?

It is indeed! It was there last episode, too.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I'm wondering if the strength of the chip wears off over time.
I would like to believe that some kind of interaction with a Clone understanding that they no longer work for the Galactic Republic plays a role with the chips current behavior.

But Rex trying to play similar logic on them in the Clone Wars finale about Ahsoka ("she's not a Jedi!") didn't work so I guess some kind of "chip strength" works just as well.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I figure that Order 66 specifically was "kill the Jedi" and the loyalty the Clones have to Palpatine was just conditioning they were given during training. The chips are there just to activate specific orders. They are still able to think for themselves about how they're going to kill the Jedi and other stuff. So Hauser could kill his jedi, because his programming said to kill them, and he'd think that was fine, but then he still has enough will power to override his conditioning and see the Republic he served and was trained and conditioned to serve unto death to protect and free the people of the galaxy is gone and now they're the oppressors and he can say gently caress that poo poo

Crosshair's issue was their failure to kill the jedi and his anger at the disloyalty of the rest of the bad batch was due to that. He didn't seem to have any loyalty to the Empire outside of this. Plus he was already kind of a psycho. He's currently driven by the desire to take out his old teammates, and also they dialed his chip up to 11.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Madurai posted:

It would have to be, because it's still there in Rebels.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

twistedmentat posted:

I figure that Order 66 specifically was "kill the Jedi" and the loyalty the Clones have to Palpatine was just conditioning they were given during training. The chips are there just to activate specific orders. They are still able to think for themselves about how they're going to kill the Jedi and other stuff. So Hauser could kill his jedi, because his programming said to kill them, and he'd think that was fine, but then he still has enough will power to override his conditioning and see the Republic he served and was trained and conditioned to serve unto death to protect and free the people of the galaxy is gone and now they're the oppressors and he can say gently caress that poo poo

Crosshair's issue was their failure to kill the jedi and his anger at the disloyalty of the rest of the bad batch was due to that. He didn't seem to have any loyalty to the Empire outside of this. Plus he was already kind of a psycho. He's currently driven by the desire to take out his old teammates, and also they dialed his chip up to 11.

Counterpoint: Wreckers behavior when the chip activated in the venator. Seems like the chips forces imperial loyalty

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

It's been a while since it was a story point but one of the arcs this show has hinted it'll wrap up is 'the Empire abandoning using clone troopers and why we never see the Kaminonans again'.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bunnyofdoom posted:

Counterpoint: Wreckers behavior when the chip activated in the venator. Seems like the chips forces imperial loyalty

It's possible the malfunction caused different issues. But yea we don't really know enough about the chips to make anything more than the most basic speculation.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Alchenar posted:

It's been a while since it was a story point but one of the arcs this show has hinted it'll wrap up is 'the Empire abandoning using clone troopers and why we never see the Kaminonans again'.

Yeah I'm getting big "kaminonan genocide" vibes for the future.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Spookydonut posted:

Yeah I'm getting big "kaminonan genocide" vibes for the future.

Clone uprising, Kaminon Genocide being what I think of. I do hope that the Bad Batch mostly survive and just become part of the rebellion, we don't see them in the OT because they were somewhere else. We don't need to see them manning the guns on the Falcon or something at Endor, or defending Echo Base on Hoth, they were there, i can dig it.

Star Wars Explained talked about if Star Wars has a small universe problem, that people are always turning up and they said no, and I agree because Clone Wars, Bad Bach and Rebels is one story, of course the same characters are going to pop up. Mandolorian doesn't have it because it has its own cast and really only Bo-Katan and Ahsoka came in and both of their apperances felt like they'd be part of the story. Luke is fanservice but it still fits.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

bunnyofdoom posted:

Good soldiers follow orders.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
A prediction for the future.

Crosshair will be captured by the batch, tie him up, whatever. They will remove his chip, and unshackle him. Assuming he is now friendly they will turn their back on him, just assuming that he is back on the squad. Except free crosshair will still be loyal to the empire, he's just a massive poo poo, and he's going to gently caress their day all the way up.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, Crosshair was kind of an rear end in a top hat even before Order 66 so I’m not entirely sure if removing his chip would change things at all.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, as i said, total psycho. Even free of the chip, he still wants to kill and will be loyal to the empire.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, based on all we’ve seen I don’t really think redemption is in the cards for this guy (not in a way that would make sense at this point anyway)

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Larryb posted:

Yeah, based on all we’ve seen I don’t really think redemption is in the cards for this guy (not in a way that would make sense at this point anyway)

Honestly my guess is they capture him, pull his chip, and the big cliffhanger is, ‘woops, Crosshair really likes working for the empire!’

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Sammus posted:

Honestly my guess is they capture him, pull his chip, and the big cliffhanger is, ‘woops, Crosshair really likes working for the empire!’

"His chip's missing!"

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Sammus posted:

Or he has some reaction since they already cranked the chip to 11, so he ends up back with the Empire as one of the first Death troopers.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Madurai posted:

"His chip's missing!"

The real mind control chip was the people we shot along the way.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Larryb posted:

Yeah, Crosshair was kind of an rear end in a top hat even before Order 66 so I’m not entirely sure if removing his chip would change things at all.
They all kind of were, to be fair. Echo excepted for obvious reasons.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Speaking of Echo, when's he getting his Teräs Käsi Action arm?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I dunno but it seems pretty inconvenient to have a droid computer penis as a hand while trying to scale a castle wall.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

twistedmentat posted:

Clone uprising, Kaminon Genocide being what I think of. I do hope that the Bad Batch mostly survive and just become part of the rebellion, we don't see them in the OT because they were somewhere else. We don't need to see them manning the guns on the Falcon or something at Endor, or defending Echo Base on Hoth, they were there, i can dig it.

Star Wars Explained talked about if Star Wars has a small universe problem, that people are always turning up and they said no, and I agree because Clone Wars, Bad Bach and Rebels is one story, of course the same characters are going to pop up. Mandolorian doesn't have it because it has its own cast and really only Bo-Katan and Ahsoka came in and both of their apperances felt like they'd be part of the story. Luke is fanservice but it still fits.

Given how ancient rex looks during rebels i can't imagine what bad batch would look like during ESB

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

How does aging work for the average clone anyway? Does it happen naturally like any other human or does the process happen more slowly/quickly for them?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Larryb posted:

How does aging work for the average clone anyway? Does it happen naturally like any other human or does the process happen more slowly/quickly for them?

They age about twice as fast as humans

The first gens are pushing 60 during the OT

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am pretty sure there is mention of finding a cure for their aging, whether that happens is another question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Makes sense. Boba and Omega are of course the exceptions to the rule due to both of them being unaltered clones.

Speaking of, it’s been said before but I’m hoping that Omega lives through this series and gets to meet her big brother at some point.