Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

Short people should not be mocked, merely pitied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
If a short guy is being fussy about jokes just throw a towel over your shoulder and burp him

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrjStSqu_w4

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
All teenager nowadays are over 6 feet high. In 20 years all of are going to be considered short and mocked. Or dead.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

all y'all fuckers can laugh your tall asses off but I'll be over here stretching my legs comfortably in my plane seat!!!!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Paladinus posted:

All teenager nowadays are over 6 feet high. In 20 years all of are going to be considered short and mocked. Or dead.

My nephew just turned 18 and he's 6'2" despite being like 95 lbs of rattling bones and hair products

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Stroop There It Is posted:

all y'all fuckers can laugh your tall asses off but I'll be over here stretching my legs comfortably in my plane seat!!!!

Wow, look at this little 1-percenter midge that can afford to travel by plane. Well lah de dah, Your Royal Smallness.

Don't be alarmed when your plane lands and you see the worlds smallest guillotine being wheeled out on the tarmac.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

Carthag Tuek posted:

he lines behind his head in the photo indicate 5' and 4'

I must be missing something here. In the mug shot I only see cinderblocks, no height marking. Is it a different pic?

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Johnny Aztec posted:

I guess “emotional intelligence” is “ beep beep I go to space” and not “ hey I could fix large parts of the worlds problems myself”

The stupid part is they're so rich they could do both. At least MacKenzie Scott is trying to fix some stuff without also doing idiotic stunts (afaik).

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

its crazy how tall kids are nowadays. i went by a group of teens and they were all like 6’8” and dunking basketballs and getting books off of high shelves and poo poo. earths gravity isnt what it used to be. kids are tall.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

in 50 years 11 foot teenagers will rule the wastelands

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Stexils posted:

in 50 years 11 foot teenagers will rule the wastelands

Yeah I saw fist of the North Star once too

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
people do get kind of fixated on certain words or phrases and the one recently that's bothering the hell out of me is "indeed" and it seems like if you're the type of person who uses indeed even once, you're going to use it 100 times in your writing or podcast or whatever. Also, is 275 not like a crazy weight for someone at that height?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Mauser posted:

is 275 not like a crazy weight for someone at that height?

Indeed

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
I knew I was setting someone up for that and did it anyway :colbert:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Mauser posted:

people do get kind of fixated on certain words or phrases and the one recently that's bothering the hell out of me is "indeed" and it seems like if you're the type of person who uses indeed even once, you're going to use it 100 times in your writing or podcast or whatever. Also, is 275 not like a crazy weight for someone at that height?

I'm 5'11" and just hit 250 as a result of not changing my habits enough after getting my thyroid gamma-rayed into settling the gently caress down. Gaining 25 pounds has been a whole new level of discomfort and self-loathing. I have to imagine that another 25 would be worse. I should be at about 180.

But in America, 275 at that height is not really all that unusual, no.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Mauser posted:

Indeedly-doodly!

Mauser posted:

Indeed, you are not owned and are certainly not shrinking into a corncob.

Indeed.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Stroop There It Is posted:

hell yeah

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Mauser posted:

The puppetmaster lol

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mauser posted:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Paladinus posted:

If the people who come after me do not burn me in a wicker man for a variety of reasons, but most of all because they have highly advanced politics that I cannot understand, then I am going to be very disappointed.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Hackers film 1995 posted:

its crazy how tall kids are nowadays. i went by a group of teens and they were all like 6’8” and dunking basketballs and getting books off of high shelves and poo poo. earths gravity isnt what it used to be. kids are tall.

don't worry, their children and grandchildren will shrink due to climate-change related food shortages leading to widespread malnutrition

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I fear not the Gen Z marauders because I know the killing word.

(the Australian word / what we used to call Karens)

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Mauser posted:

Also, is 275 not like a crazy weight for someone at that height?

That's a crazy weight for anyone who isn't like an NFL player or something.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Mauser posted:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

one for my baby

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

The Moon Monster posted:

That's a crazy weight for anyone who isn't like an NFL player or something.

Eh, I'm 260 and look p good (helps being 2m tall and a gym rat)

Pictures! Funny!

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I'm Royce height and I'm unhappy being this close to 160. I'd prefer to be 150 or under.

275 at 5'10 is 100% tuna can territory.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

captainOrbital posted:

I'm Royce height

What does this mean?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I fear not the Gen Z marauders because I know the killing word.

(the Australian word / what we used to call Karens)

I definitely am going to have to find an excuse to call it The Australian Word now, in addition to The Gamer Word.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

fishing with the fam posted:

What does this mean?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royce_da_5%279%22

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

fishing with the fam posted:

What does this mean?

If you a shrimp and your height is below the word Royce on the front trim of a Rolls Royce, you're Royce-height. If you're a tall drink of water who's height is above the word Rolls, the you a Rolls-height.

The UK uses a very confusing system of weights and measures.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

lmao thank you for reminding me that's a thing that exists

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
As a manlet I’m going to stand on my tiptoes and punch you all in the drat balls

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PittTheElder posted:

lmao thank you for reminding me that's a thing that exists

since you guys are blueballing everybody here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3fZhJN4Tdc

If I have to have the song in my head all weekend after seeing that screenshot, then so should everyone else

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I definitely am going to have to find an excuse to call it The Australian Word now, in addition to The Gamer Word.

The Australian word and the gamer word are different though

Or do you mean that you have a new word to name after a group of very lovely people?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Short people get to buy clothing off the rack, so screw them.

I can only wear jerseys and custom tailored shirts because no one makes a slim cut for a 24" neck and 41" sleeves. Somehow clothing companies decided if you're 6'5" you must weigh 480 pounds and only like the colors white and pink.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

I can only wear jerseys and custom tailored shirts because no one makes a slim cut for a 24" neck and 41" sleeves. Somehow clothing companies decided if you're 6'5" you must weigh 480 pounds and only like the colors white and pink.

They also assume that if you have less than a 32” inseam you must have a 45” waist.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Just wear a mammoth fur loincloth like the other giants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Can confirm every retailer thinks very tall people are exclusively fat as poo poo.

And planes are too small.

And bouncers hate you.

But all the good sex with attractive people makes up for it plenty!