Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I know their Econ department specializes in evil but like, it's supposed to be hard to get into right? Like smart evil people not just relentlessly stupid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Henchman of Santa posted:

I know their Econ department specializes in evil but like, it's supposed to be hard to get into right? Like smart evil people not just relentlessly stupid?

All of the evil economics people are dumb as gently caress because they think economics is part of the sciences and not part of the humanities.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/debdrens/status/1416181631409434626

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

I'm conservative and I love bush.

But not that one!!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Instant hall of fame entry in the “why would you even post this” genre of thread:

https://twitter.com/qiaochuyuan/status/1415771873900568576?s=21

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Instant hall of fame entry in the “why would you even post this” genre of thread:

https://twitter.com/qiaochuyuan/status/1415771873900568576?s=21

This thread makes me wish I could do that super passive aggressive "bless you darling" thing Southern women can do.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Living up to their display name

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Heath posted:

Living up to their display name

It's very "lives in a college dorm with coin laundry but does laundry at home while constantly complaining about their parents trying to control them" energy.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I went to a school with a significant electrical engineering department, so the first thing those freshmen did was figure out how to hotwire the washer and dryer to operate for free. The problem was that kids started coming home drunk and would try to do laundry but would gently caress up the jump so after a couple months someone hooked up a button hidden on the back that would just turn the things on for free.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It's funny because he is so concerned with conservative hypermasculinity that he lies about his height because anyone he supports considers it a severe flaw.

Also it feels like something I as a short man can safely joke about, unlike, say, his being a conservative Jew whose entire life is devoted to the reinstitution of nazism. That's just a minefield.
Also he wrote a book where every main character was like, 6'3".

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Vib Rib posted:

A bear of a man.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Baron von Eevl posted:

I went to a school with a significant electrical engineering department, so the first thing those freshmen did was figure out how to hotwire the washer and dryer to operate for free. The problem was that kids started coming home drunk and would try to do laundry but would gently caress up the jump so after a couple months someone hooked up a button hidden on the back that would just turn the things on for free.

UX is drunk engineering, got it.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

As was said in my long-distant youth: "At MIT, all locks are advisory."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Skwirl posted:

All of the evil economics people are dumb as gently caress because they think economics is part of the sciences and not part of the humanities.

It's more basically an entire course dedicated to teaching and reinforcing how pro wrestling is real.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Bugsy posted:

Its amazing how many people see a poo poo post on twitter from 2016, thought it was real again in 2020, and now still think its real.

https://twitter.com/schwarz/status/1415831240146628608

Jon is not the idiot, the idiots are in the thread that he keeps quoting.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Please keep them out of my humanities!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
More like inhumanities!

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Humanities are a soft science.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Volcott posted:

Humanities are a soft science.

You're thinking of huge manatees, also known as the sea cow

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Hmmm... Beef of the sea. Sounds delicious.

New business idea is forming

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
It didn't work with the lake cows, it probably won't work with the sea cows

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Vib Rib posted:

As someone who's 6'3" being 6'3" sucks because everything is designed for people that are like 5'9" and below.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Detheros posted:

As someone who's 6'3" being 6'3" sucks because everything is designed for people that are like 5'9" and below.

Tell me about it. I'm 6'5 and I haven't been able to buy trousers in a shop since I was 15.
Buses? I either have to man spread to fit my legs in the seat or have my knees super high and my feet off the ground. So either I look like a arsehole taking up two seats or I have to sit contorting myself.
Planes I just about fit but if the person in front reclines even slightly I'm in for a bad time.

I'd love to trade in my medium size car for something cheaper to run now I'm wfh full time. But cheap to run seems to also mean very small and haven't found anything suitable.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Economics is more closely related to psychology than it is to finance and it's bizarre how often it is taught by the department of the latter rather than the former

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Economics is more closely related to psychology than it is to finance and it's bizarre how often it is taught by the department of the latter rather than the former

Economics is psychology for people who don't want to admit they're wrong about psychology.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Mega Comrade posted:

I'd love to trade in my medium size car for something cheaper to run now I'm wfh full time. But cheap to run seems to also mean very small and haven't found anything suitable.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Mega Comrade posted:

Tell me about it. I'm 6'5 and I haven't been able to buy trousers in a shop since I was 15.
Buses? I either have to man spread to fit my legs in the seat or have my knees super high and my feet off the ground. So either I look like a arsehole taking up two seats or I have to sit contorting myself.
Planes I just about fit but if the person in front reclines even slightly I'm in for a bad time.

Im 6'7 and i drive a toyota verso S from like 2013. its an awesome car. surprisingamount of cargo space/decent passenger space, comfy for me, and zips around town for a month on one tank

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
As a 5'5" manlet jew myself, I say everyone can make fun of Ben's claiming he's 5'9".

It's also fine to make fun of his deliberately invisible yarmulke. I don't wear one every day, but when I do, it's a bright rainbow one my grandma got me when I came out. Feels like a simple massive gently caress you to nazis.

Also make fun of his novel, it's awful. It's worth a so-bad-it's-good read even just remember to steal or pirate it.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Nuclear War posted:

Im 6'7 and i drive a toyota verso S from like 2013. its an awesome car. surprisingamount of cargo space/decent passenger space, comfy for me, and zips around town for a month on one tank

I’m two inches shorter than you and have driven a Honda Fit since 2008 and I love them. Surprising amount of space and cargo capacity for a small car

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

As a 5'5" manlet jew myself, I say everyone can make fun of Ben's claiming he's 5'9".

It's also fine to make fun of his deliberately invisible yarmulke. I don't wear one every day, but when I do, it's a bright rainbow one my grandma got me when I came out. Feels like a simple massive gently caress you to nazis.

Also make fun of his novel, it's awful. It's worth a so-bad-it's-good read even just remember to steal or pirate it.

Take a bullet for ya babe

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

iwentdoodie posted:

oh god, just when I had blocked it out :cry:

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Mega Comrade posted:

I'm 6'6" and drive a 2007 diesel Golf, which stupidly has more leg room than my FiL's BMW X5. Even with 3 kid seats in the back, there's plenty leg room.

Also:

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

Scratch Monkey posted:

I’m two inches shorter than you and have driven a Honda Fit since 2008 and I love them. Surprising amount of space and cargo capacity for a small car

6’ here so basically a manlet compared to you guys but I have close to a foot of headroom in my prius.

iwentdoodie posted:

BRETT HAWTHORNE

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Today's idiot on social media: Twitter itself.

uwu don't violate the privacy of war criminals

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Oh fuckin booooo

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Mocking height regardless if it's "deserved" perpetuates toxic masculinity whether you like it or not. Saying you're short as well doesn't change jack poo poo.

Also "manlet" was a term birthed on the BB forums and is basically proto-incel terminology that you're using without a trace of irony.

At least stop making transparently wack excuses.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Mocking height regardless if it's "deserved" perpetuates toxic masculinity whether you like it or not. Saying you're short as well doesn't change jack poo poo.

Also "manlet" was a term birthed on the BB forums and is basically proto-incel terminology that you're using without a trace of irony.

Aren't you late for meeting of the Lollipop Guild?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Why would you use it ironically, that would defeat the purpose

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Well at least your username is accurate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
No one cares that Ben Shapiro is short. It’s only funny because he takes it personally and lies about it bigly.

It’s like Jorp’s dirty room. It’s hardly worth a comment on its own, but when the dude’s mantra is “clean your room”, yeah, people are going to laugh about it.