Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Lamuella posted:

AEW roster as 28mm hard plastic Heroic Scale miniatures. In sprue form so you can choose heads and poses. Along with rules for an AEW TTRPG.

I want to see Pete The Wargamer kitbash a Fire Ant out of an Orange Cassidy figure and Serpentico's head.

sand those mold lines and fill those join gaps, people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Charlotte is unrecognizable

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

karmicknight posted:

live thread is going to be awkward.

I'll be here, by myself. Posting about how fun it is to post with all my postin pals.

:smith:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

I'll be here, by myself. Posting about how fun it is to post with all my postin pals.

:smith:

Slapjack will be here, in our posting hearts, keeping us company.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

boxcarhobo posted:

sand those mold lines and fill those join gaps, people

Drill your Gunn barrels Club.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

rantmo posted:

Drill your Gunn barrels Club.
Picturing the THIN YOUR PAINTS video with butchered AEW figs instead is killing me

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

magiccarpet posted:

gangtag this

It'd be the first one I'd actively want, so that's something.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

I had no idea those clothes were a thing until it was brought up :shrug:
Yeah, I'm not sure how prominent he was in the UK. But in the 80s/90s, his art was more or less *the* gay village iconography in the US (particularly NYC), especially at the height of the HIV/AIDS epidemic. It's cool to see it on TV, I just wonder how aware Matt is of it.

Vince MechMahon posted:

They should stop trying to do nightmare family break away groups. It's not worked either time.

On the contrary, even more Nightmare Family breakups: Split The Factory into QT/Solow vs Ogogo/Comoroto representing Factory Blue & Factory Black. Then split both of those factions into each individual person calling themselves parts of a factory, like "Conveyor Belt" QT Marshall, "Assembly Line" Aaron Solow, "Packing Department" Anthony Ogogo, and "Distribution Center" Nick Comoroto.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Dimebags Brain posted:

Slapjack will be here, in our posting hearts, keeping us company.

Slapjack protects us all

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

We're moving back to upstate NY in August and maybe if we're settled in enough by September, we'll see if there are any extra tickets to grab in NY/NJ and see some more AEW.

But really, fingers crossed that when borders open again that they run a show in Montreal because that'll be our nearest big city.

You should go to Rochester (if you are in the part of upstate NY near there. If you are in the Bear Mountain Area of Upstate NY ignore this) if you can it will be a special night.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I won't be at the New York show cause I believe Homer Simpsons recollection of his trip to New York to be the truth.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Vince MechMahon posted:

I won't be at the New York show cause I believe Homer Simpsons recollection of his trip to New York to be the truth.

Cinematic Match featuring Sting and Darby fighting off pimps and CHUDs

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

You should go to Rochester (if you are in the part of upstate NY near there. If you are in the Bear Mountain Area of Upstate NY ignore this) if you can it will be a special night.

Totally forgot about the Rochester show but we're basically the same distance from Rochester, Newark, and Queens so it's all up for grabs!

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

MassRafTer posted:

The entire forum is going to be in that building.

I wonder how many people are going to the Garland, TX show. It's making me kinda wish I'd got a ticket for it even tho I'm a forum newbie.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

I think I'm going to make sure we have a two hour loop of Ghost Town Triumph to play while posting with all of our posting pals, just off screen also making cool and good posts.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Won’t be in NY but going to see the Hangmin win the title in Chicago live.

It’s crazy because we were there for the first All Out and I remember at the time wondering why in the hell this guy is getting a title shot vs Jericho when Kenny was RIGHT THERE and now when we go back I will die inside if the anxious millennial cowboy does not leave with the belt.

Also going to see the two night deal in Brittsburgh. She’s going to be absolutely *insufferable* and I’m here for it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

Totally forgot about the Rochester show but we're basically the same distance from Rochester, Newark, and Queens so it's all up for grabs!

where tf did you move, saratoga

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Let’s unite in sharing good eating spots near the AEW venues.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

walk through the Ironbound and throw a rock in any direction, you'll find one

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

I'm going to the Houston show on august 18th. It will be my first show.

Really hoping that I will be blessed with an Omega and/or MJF match.

Uhh...any advice? Im expecting the experience to be wild since wrestling fans are loving insane.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Uhh...any advice? Im expecting the experience to be wild since wrestling fans are loving insane.

From all reports, there will be a LOT of wrestling. Come an hour or two early if you want to see it all because they tape Elevation before Dynamite.

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

I also just did my first show at the Austin taping. They will send you a schedule in your email before the tape date. If you want a shot at all the merch get there at gate open otherwise you will be at the mercy of what's leftover. Definitely get there early enough for the hour of Dark tapings and if you feel up to it budget 2 hours after for Dark: Elevation I felt it was extremely worth it. Other than that just have fun, cheer along, scream, wooo, all that good stuff because everyone else will be. People will be getting up and down constantly to clap or get a better look when something cool happens so be prepared for that as well. I had a ton of fun and I imagine you will as well.

Also some water and a few lozenges is probably a good idea, my throat was pretty raw by the end of it all.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

AK-47 posted:

I also just did my first show at the Austin taping. They will send you a schedule in your email before the tape date. If you want a shot at all the merch get there at gate open otherwise you will be at the mercy of what's leftover. Definitely get there early enough for the hour of Dark tapings and if you feel up to it budget 2 hours after for Dark: Elevation I felt it was extremely worth it. Other than that just have fun, cheer along, scream, wooo, all that good stuff because everyone else will be. People will be getting up and down constantly to clap or get a better look when something cool happens so be prepared for that as well. I had a ton of fun and I imagine you will as well.

Also some water and a few lozenges is probably a good idea, my throat was pretty raw by the end of it all.

Wait, so they shoot Dark before and all of Dark elevation after?

That is so much goddamned wrestling.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Worth noting that Rampage tapings will likely be paired after many of the live Dynamites, possibly starting with that 8/18 show?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
also that TK is allegedly trying to find a venue for AEW Dark to film at.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/tonyschiavone24/status/1416204347969507330

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TV Zombie posted:

There's a bunch of good Korean BBQ near Arthur Ashe.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

karmicknight posted:

also that TK is allegedly trying to find a venue for AEW Dark to film at.

Feels like the next few weeks until Rampage launches are going to be a lot of experimenting with how much they tape and when.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God they're the best :lol:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Face to heel and back again, the only thing changing is how we feel about her.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

What's the merch going to be? If its just the same stuff from thier website then I can pass. If they have tour shirts im interested.

Tickets say it starts at 6. Don't know if that's when gates open. Its not at a big arena, which is good.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Sometimes they release new stuff at the venue (loving orange cassidy thumbs were released in cleveland last year but they were sold out when I got to looking at the merch tables) but it is mostly the stuff you can get online, but in person.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

What's the merch going to be? If its just the same stuff from thier website then I can pass. If they have tour shirts im interested.

Tickets say it starts at 6. Don't know if that's when gates open. Its not at a big arena, which is good.

I think they usually have a few city centric items. For the show I went to in DC and revolution in Chicago they had city themed AeW shirts, and for Chicago I think a hat too.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Annabella's in Newark near Rutgers is really good and everyone should get lunch there

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I hope these two are in AEW until its last day

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Any good spots around the All Out venue? I've never been to the Chicago area before and I am hoping to enjoy many local garbage sandwiches during my stay.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CombineThresher posted:

Any good spots around the All Out venue? I've never been to the Chicago area before and I am hoping to enjoy many local garbage sandwiches during my stay.

You could drive 45 minutes to Mongo McMichael's and meet Mongo's challenge.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

CombineThresher posted:

getting a dipped Italian beef sandwich from portillos is a must (though maybe not anymore, my friend said they kinda stink now)

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

CombineThresher posted:

If you do the rational thing and drink while watching this poo poo, please know that the All Out arena is in a suburb of Chicago a long drive from the city proper.

We, and many others, found that out the hard way at the first All Out while waiting outside a closed Main Event in the rain until like 3am for an Uber that still was well over $100.

If you have a DD or something, of course, this doesn’t apply to you. Hug them and then keep them in a box for safety until September.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

world b lee
Feb 1, 2006
Is it a frog? Is it a toad?

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

I was at the show Wednesday. They just had a Fyter Fest poster shirt, a Fyter Fest logo shirt with Texas on it, some AEW logo shirts and hats, and autographed figures. I got a Dark Order initiation mask

Also there was one hour of Dark matches before Fyter Fest started and then two hours of Dark Elevation afterwards. Very little downtime between, they kept a very good pace and tons of matches. They also let fans move down to fill seats at ringside as Elevation went on.