Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Blasmeister posted:

I see tavern brawl has devolved into turn 1 kill shaman mirrors.

Thanks for the heads up. Guess it's another week of not needing an extra 40 dust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

It's me, I'm the guy keeping the game afloat so you can all keep playing with gold!

(I bought the Katrana Prestor pack)

My questions is, where the hell are all the alternate Rogue heroes? We have ten different versions of Valeera now but Maiev is still the only other unique Rogue. Are they churning these things out based on the popularity of the class? Wouldn't surprise me if Mage is the most played across the entire game but have they ever mentioned any stats for that?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Would be mighty nice if the UI could show permanent board effects. Also, are the player colors for those in the history switched? This brawl is a mess.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

GTO posted:

No need to pre order these days, got enough gold from the season pass to get plenty of packs. That plus one or two of the £15 'a few legendaries and some packs' post release offers is enough for near enough all the cards.
Yeah I hit over 20k gold before last expansion. Bought packs down to like 8k and almost at 19k gold again with buying the mini expansion and Sylvanas both with gold. I'm only at lvl215 on the pass too so high but not excessively so (with the paid tavern pass, so I have spent money on that).

At current rates it would be a long time until they run me dry enough to buy the pre-order.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Thanks for the heads up. Guess it's another week of not needing an extra 40 dust.

I mean its pretty fast and if that deck kills you you'll get it for the next match so just win the coinflip afterwards and you'll get the pack

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I spawned with a deck that had a 3 damage hero power that costs 0 and can be used twice a turn. It was a quick victory against a poor Paladin but the fact that ridiculous deck isn't apparently the best thing available is hilarious to me.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Flayer posted:

I spawned with a deck that had a 3 damage hero power that costs 0 and can be used twice a turn. It was a quick victory against a poor Paladin but the fact that ridiculous deck isn't apparently the best thing available is hilarious to me.

The shaman one has 'everyone starts with 10 mana' treasure, then autodraws a 5 mana 4/4 weapon that has 'after attacking deal 4 to all enemies' and a hero power 2 mana for +1 attack and windfury, you just need to mulligan for 2 direct damage to win t1

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Here’s the new card by the way

Seems very good against aggro.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

RatHat posted:

It's also not forced to target friendly minions, which is somewhat new for this type of effect on warlock right?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Lol, they moved up a reveal (and only one) for that specific card? I mean, it's a solid card, but it's boring and we don't get another for 5 days.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

gandlethorpe posted:

Lol, they moved up a reveal (and only one) for that specific card? I mean, it's a solid card, but it's boring and we don't get another for 5 days.

They moved up one that we know about. There wasn't any news until earlier today about it, there could easily be another couple coming out ahead of schedule.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

RatHat posted:

Seems very good considering they already have Drain Soul, Soul Shear, School Spirits, Siphon Soul, Unstable Felbolt, Unstable Shadow Blast, Hellfire, Cascading Disaster AND Twisting Nether, all in Standard. Holy poo poo do not plan on seeing a Minion stick vs Warlock. :v:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
And then, as the Rush Warrior I’m against drops his loving FOURTH Samuro, I am reaffirmed that Discover is too loving good a mechanic for what it does that relied on the bloated end of a cycle to not be stupid.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Shockeh posted:

And then, as the Rush Warrior I’m against drops his loving FOURTH Samuro, I am reaffirmed that Discover is too loving good a mechanic for what it does that relied on the bloated end of a cycle to not be stupid.
It's fine on, like, Jeweled Scarab or Ethereal Conjurer. But discovering from small pools basically for free is just bad.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Shockeh posted:

Seems very good considering they already have Drain Soul, Soul Shear, School Spirits, Siphon Soul, Unstable Felbolt, Unstable Shadow Blast, Hellfire, Cascading Disaster AND Twisting Nether, all in Standard. Holy poo poo do not plan on seeing a Minion stick vs Warlock. :v:

Warlock is already overloaded for minion damage / heal stuff though. I bet this ends up competing with Drain Soul vs. being added to the deck on top of all of those (hard to say what's better without seeing how minion health breakpoints end up)

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

No Wave posted:

It's fine on, like, Jeweled Scarab or Ethereal Conjurer. But discovering from small pools basically for free is just bad.

Spell is about as tight as I think you should go with targeting Discover and even then it can be dicey if there's too much of it. Pretty much every targeted discover around right now is overpowered and frustrating (*maybe* not the spell power discover, but even then you end up with an unhealthy amount of Solarians in a game).

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
every single Studies card from Scholomance is probably overpowered. And the only reason Carrion Studies isn't seeing a lot of play is because Face Hunter is too good to use any other deck in that class.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

enki42 posted:

Spell is about as tight as I think you should go with targeting Discover and even then it can be dicey if there's too much of it. Pretty much every targeted discover around right now is overpowered and frustrating (*maybe* not the spell power discover, but even then you end up with an unhealthy amount of Solarians in a game).
I agree - for me raven idol was "the line" for an acceptable discover card in terms of cost/pool size. Meaning it's just barely ok or just barely not ok depending on how I feel.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Wonder what happened to the paladin and rogue studies cards. With how rogue inherently is I can’t see many ways to make one for them that doesn’t end up super broken so that’s prob why it didn’t happen

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

enki42 posted:

Warlock is already overloaded for minion damage / heal stuff though. I bet this ends up competing with Drain Soul vs. being added to the deck on top of all of those (hard to say what's better without seeing how minion health breakpoints end up)

It's very close to constructed playable on its own, but knowing the self-damage theme of the Warlock questline this feels like it will make the cut as cards 29/30 in the list.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

AnacondaHL posted:

It's very close to constructed playable on its own, but knowing the self-damage theme of the Warlock questline this feels like it will make the cut as cards 29/30 in the list.

IMO it depends entirely on the surrounding meta and whether 2 damage kills enough stuff versus needing 3. My inclination is that 2 damage probably isn't good enough, most of the existing early "must kill" minions have 3 health.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I agree that there's a huge difference between that and brain freeze. But there certainly are feasible metas where it is worth running.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Blasmeister posted:

The shaman one has 'everyone starts with 10 mana' treasure, then autodraws a 5 mana 4/4 weapon that has 'after attacking deal 4 to all enemies' and a hero power 2 mana for +1 attack and windfury, you just need to mulligan for 2 direct damage to win t1

This is definitely helping with my '10 games as shaman' quest. Takes longer to queue and mulligan than play the game...

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

RatHat posted:

Heh. I got hit by that today.

I just started playing this year, so I'm way behind the curve, but I got this cheve today and the last couple were kinda stressful.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

meatpimp posted:

Heh. I got hit by that today.

Are you sure?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

No VS report yesterday?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Nope, must have been one similar.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

No VS report yesterday?

I think they delay reports when nerfs happen.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Blasmeister posted:

Wonder what happened to the paladin and rogue studies cards. With how rogue inherently is I can’t see many ways to make one for them that doesn’t end up super broken so that’s prob why it didn’t happen

I wonder if First Day of School started life as a studies card. It's obviously different, but I could imagine some previous iteration of the card being "discover a low heallth / cost minion, next one costs 1 less"

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Discover a combo card, costs one less seems like the very obvious and then obviously OP rogue design lol

edit: battlecry could be a more fun/wide pool though

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

goferchan posted:

Discover a combo card, costs one less seems like the very obvious and then obviously OP rogue design lol

edit: battlecry could be a more fun/wide pool though

Stealth minion would be my guess, but the pool is small enough that you prob end up getting the legendaries too often, on top of the combo enabling issues

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
OK so I have been playing a LOT of this recently (you can skip the decklist but trust me this gets interesting):

### Tonk4.0
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Flare
# 2x (1) Play Dead
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 2x (2) Mad Scientist
# 2x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (2) Pressure Plate
# 2x (3) Deathlord
# 2x (3) Nine Lives
# 2x (3) Ursatron
# 2x (4) Necromechanic
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Oblivitron
# 1x (6) Sylvanas Windrunner
# 2x (7) Darkmoon Tonk
#
AAEBAZ3hAwS5DaCAA/GWA+XvAw2AB/cN/g2czQLw9QLylgO2nAOfpQP7rwOkuQOD4gOpnwTjnwQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I just invited fellow Goon Adregan into a Wild match, let them borrow decks. Whatever, friendly game between Goons right? They chose to try and Tonk me back, and I literally don't think I have ever seen this happen before, feels like it should be an achievement:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/KjNLt7u57X2FRqWkxxvvvH

A TIE? I didn't know this game did those.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Blasmeister posted:

I see tavern brawl has devolved into turn 1 kill shaman mirrors.

Did they hotfix this out because I played like 20 games and instead it was all Druid mirrors. I wanted to try the Shaman.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Desert Bus posted:

A TIE? I didn't know this game did those.

The way I’ve seen it triggered most often is when both heroes are at 3 or less hp and a warlock plays hellfire

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

For me, it was playing the 4-drop that deals 4 to both player’s faces because I thought that they were playing Ice Block and wanted to go out in style

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Toshimo posted:

Did they hotfix this out because I played like 20 games and instead it was all Druid mirrors. I wanted to try the Shaman.
I played it yesterday and had two games before shaman ran me over T1 followed by me running over another shaman T1

Very smart to let you start T1 with 10 mana, a weapon that does 9 per swing, windfury from your HP, and some burn spells when everyone has 20 health

P1 wins if they mull for burn and hit it or they put P2 down to 2 health and lose maybe. P2 wins if they survive T1 and mull for burn and hit or they put P1 to 2 health and lose 100%

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jul 17, 2021

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

The opening clip of today's Trolden video is absolute prime schadenfreude.
Holy poo poo, the reversal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmvaTnzoYb4

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
When to stop buying Barrens packs and start saving for the new expansion? I still have a bunch of epics/rares to find but not sure if I'm better off just crafting stuff I need now vs. getting a random rare and 20 dust per pack.

Related, I have a slightly off-brand Face Hunter that works fine to get me monthly rewards but I'd like to put something else together to play as well. Are there any decent decks that focus primarily on Barrens cards such that crafted cards will go a little longer ways in the meta?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

idiotsavant posted:

When to stop buying Barrens packs and start saving for the new expansion? I still have a bunch of epics/rares to find but not sure if I'm better off just crafting stuff I need now vs. getting a random rare and 20 dust per pack.

Related, I have a slightly off-brand Face Hunter that works fine to get me monthly rewards but I'd like to put something else together to play as well. Are there any decent decks that focus primarily on Barrens cards such that crafted cards will go a little longer ways in the meta?

I think the middle set of every year, which will be the next one, is usually the most powerful. So I would stop now since there will most likely be a bunch of meta defining cards in the next set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Just died in the brawl on T1 to this druid deck that did 20 damage with a weapon and windfury. Ok, I can do the 2 brawl games quest really quickly I guess.