Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol this is the interview. still not accepting the blaem for her leadership loss and still hasn't explained where the 50k she raised via gofundme ever went

https://twitter.com/RossMcCaff/status/1416315039548592130?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

I agree that Corbyn is objectively better, but he still can’t win. It was tried. What now?

My man the only Labour leader who won an election in living memory was close enough to Rupert Murdoch to be sleeping with his wife. Do you think that will work a second time?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

reminder michael foot would have won the election had the labour right not hosed him over

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Jose posted:

reminder michael foot would have won the election had the labour right not hosed him over

conspiracy theory: polly toynbee stands as SDP candidate in 1983 to wreck labour for the next 40 years and make sure she has a career writing guardian columns about how labour has to move right to win

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

as would corbyn

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Jose posted:

lol this is the interview. still not accepting the blaem for her leadership loss and still hasn't explained where the 50k she raised via gofundme ever went

https://twitter.com/RossMcCaff/status/1416315039548592130?s=20

lol thats the far right newspaper? the times

jesus, what does that make the express

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
and this is the crux of the matter, really, the rightwingers keep going on about how we tried a left leader and failed, yet here they are failing even harder and without even a fraction of the opposition that a foot or a corbyn did face

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Communist Thoughts posted:

another far right newspaper

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

theyre p much all far right, hth

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the times is a catty tabloid with a small section for legal news for m’learned friends to justify reading its dross

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the times is still seen as respectable despite doing far more to launder far right views than any other paper. melanie phillips is still a regular columnist for example

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

the far right newspaper

the definite article bringing the lmaos

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

the times is definitly right wing
its just one of those twitter things that bug me

person y we dont like did x unquestionably horrible thing

then if you go read into it person y did something you could uncharitably interpret as x if you squint very hard and add some salt

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the times is definitly right wing
its just one of those twitter things that bug me

person y we dont like did x unquestionably horrible thing

then if you go read into it person y did something you could uncharitably interpret as x if you squint very hard and add some salt

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/press/the-rightwing-columnists-in-killer-s-manifesto-2325918.html

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
The Times is The Sun with Big Words.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Times was the paper that ran the ginned up muslim adopted story where they ran a photoshopped stock photo on the front page to make it seem more sinister. They're absolutely as far right as the Express or the Mail, just not as vulgarly stupid in their presentation

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
the times are basically the bojo to the mail's farage

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

“Get more people in your coalition so you can form a majority” is not some crazy Reagan/Thatcher right wing idea. I voted for Elizabeth Warren in the 2016 Democratic primary. I have never voted for a Republican, ever.

There are a lot worse role models than Joe Biden: stomp the right wing out of power, then consolidate your own side by letting Bernie Sanders write the budget and implement left-friendly policies while pledging to normies you are a nice friendly centrist.

The American phrase for this, ironically, is “Dress British but Think Yiddish”. Looking square lets you do all sorts of progressive things.

Middle England won’t look at Labour’s manifesto if the culture fit isn’t there. “gently caress you suburbs, let the red flag fly” turns some of the people you need off.

lmao

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

“Get more people in your coalition so you can form a majority” is not some crazy Reagan/Thatcher right wing idea. I voted for Elizabeth Warren in the 2016 Democratic primary. I have never voted for a Republican, ever.

There are a lot worse role models than Joe Biden: stomp the right wing out of power, then consolidate your own side by letting Bernie Sanders write the budget and implement left-friendly policies while pledging to normies you are a nice friendly centrist.

The American phrase for this, ironically, is “Dress British but Think Yiddish”. Looking square lets you do all sorts of progressive things.

Middle England won’t look at Labour’s manifesto if the culture fit isn’t there. “gently caress you suburbs, let the red flag fly” turns some of the people you need off.

The fascists are gonna kill us all and people are like you are handing them the loving gun

K9
May 6, 2007

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jul/16/england-arse-flare-security-wembley-levelling-up posted:

Johnson’s hair, always ridiculous, now seems to have reached animal rescue stage. The PM resembles one of those old English sheepdogs that charities put on sad-music fundraising adverts, with a voice saying: “When Boris came to us, his coat was so matted he was effectively blind … ”

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

the only way to actually improve things is for the people of England to take up arms in a communist revolution in Roblox

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

the biden team do appear to be at least gesturing towards the left (we see you, we hear you, you are valid, you cant have healthcare no), which is a step up from spitting in our faces on the news every time

it seems to be working for biden too, moreso than keith at least

i used to like marina hyde then i found out she had sex with piers morgan and so cant make fun of anyone again
yeh bojos hair does look like poo poo, he didnt have sex with piers morgan though did he?

Communist Thoughts has issued a correction as of 11:15 on Jul 17, 2021

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i used to like marina hyde then i found out she had sex with piers morgan and so cant make fun of anyone again

i did not know that lmao. she's a literal aristo too

K9
May 6, 2007

Jose posted:

i did not know that lmao. she's a literal aristo too

I didn't know that, but Wikipedia tells me that her father was Sir Alastair Edgcumbe James Dudley-Williams.

Edgcumbe

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the biden team do appear to be at least gesturing towards the left (we see you, we hear you, you are valid, you cant have healthcare no), which is a step up from spitting in our faces on the news every time

it seems to be working for biden too, moreso than keith at least

That's because Bernie Panders sold out and became Biden's beard of "leftism".

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yeh bojos hair does look like poo poo, he didnt have sex with piers morgan though did he?

Boris Johnson hosed a dead pig.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

spitting in your face while being condescending about it is not much of a step up in my book

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Here's the thing though biden is at least pretending to offer big infrastructure spending and the like. The labour right are not only not offering anything at all but insulting you for suggesting they should

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

At least that means we're not getting those lovely 'Biden's spending plans are surprisingly reasonable' Jacobin articles from Novara and Tribune as well

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
biden appears to be pretending to offer stuff because he's a doddering old gently caress that his handlers can't always control properly. you still do get the same "how dare you expect biden to do anything you peasant scum" poo poo, except it's laundered through surrogates or framed as "corrections"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

here is another way british farming is about to be completely hosed lol. morrisons and all its workers are about to get brutally hosed by american private equity

https://twitter.com/L__Macfarlane/status/1416350313146105857?s=20

quote:

The company reportedly owns 85% of its retail stores, more than any other supermarket. With a book value of £5.8bn, Morrisons real estate portfolio is worth nearly as much as the market value of the entire company, based on its current share price. Unlike other supermarkets, Morrisons also owns significant parts of its supply chain. The company deals directly with the 2,700 British farmers rather than wholesalers, who deliver livestock and fresh produce directly to its 17 processing facilities. As a result, the National Farmers’ Union calls Morrisons “British farming’s biggest direct customer”. The company, which employs about 121,000 people, also has a healthy surplus in its defined benefit pension schemes.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Jose posted:

here is another way british farming is about to be completely hosed lol. morrisons and all its workers are about to get brutally hosed by american private equity

https://twitter.com/L__Macfarlane/status/1416350313146105857?s=20

literally every trick in the private equity book

sell the land to themselves to rent at inflated costs, squeeze suppliers and outsource workers, defund pension plan

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
We're the next Greece huh

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

normal stuff to have published in a national paper imo

https://twitter.com/wank_666/status/1416354125474844672?s=20

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Wait she's doing the Butterfield diet!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCLn94xi1LQ

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

gonadic io posted:

We're the next Greece huh

Nah, Greece was tied to the Euro which they can't just print more of to hyperinflate their economy. If anything we will be like the next Zimbabwe.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

she really is just unpleasant

https://twitter.com/veritynevitt/status/1416345829103837187?s=20

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
it's not her fault, she just picked up that language when palling around with the honourable member for the 19th century

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1416337472527679488?s=19

Glinner be sliding into her dms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

so she's not going to stand for re-election and is doing her uk newspaper column tour