Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
boomers and terfs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Tommunist posted:

Wouldn't this all be handled by a federal department?

Yes.

Why the gently caress useless celebritys and sports "stars" can come and go while there's tens of thousands of people separated from family is infuriating and entirely the fault of the current *federal* govt.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Reason for wishing to enter the country

code:
[ ] Reunite with family
[x] economy
Approved!

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Reunite with the economy.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I am shocked, just shocked Channel 7 supported a racist getting into the country.

I bet our favorite war criminal with be on BB too.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Lets add some fuel to the fire of the guy complaining about how certain places have slashed the numbers of people arriving in Aus.

Two people that have been allowed in, that have been deemed to be more worthy of being allowed into Australia than Australian citizens stranded overseas and actively trying to make it back to see their families are:

Katie Hopkins and Caitlyn Jenner.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/katie-hopkins-admits-to-breaking-hotel-quarantine-rules-in-sydney-20210717-p58al3.html

And the Californian Governatorial candidate/vehicular murderer has been allowed both a visa and an entry permit to do such important work as appear on Big Brother.

Dunno why the Hopkins oval office is in Aus. Don't care, so long as she fucks off soon and takes her racism with her.

I can’t believe Dan, Mark, and Anastacia would do this

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

Centusin posted:

Story is a few days old but it's weird that all these non-citizens came into the country, brought covid with them and nobody cared

https://thewest.com.au/news/coronavirus/us-soldiers-in-nt-declared-close-contacts-c-3399336.amp

Pretty cool that Queensland was demanding that arrival caps be cut while making space for foreign troops to quarantine in Brisbane hotels.

Lets add some fuel to the fire of the guy complaining about how certain places have slashed the numbers of people arriving in Aus.

Two people that have been allowed in, that have been deemed to be more worthy of being allowed into Australia than Australian citizens stranded overseas and actively trying to make it back to see their families are:

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/katie-hopkins-admits-to-breaking-hotel-quarantine-rules-in-sydney-20210717-p58al3.html

And the Californian Governatorial candidate/vehicular murderer has been allowed both a visa and an entry permit to do such important work as appear on Big Brother.

Dunno why the Hopkins oval office is in Aus. Don't care, so long as she fucks off soon and takes her racism with her.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I suggest we allow Australia and the US to play capture the flag, with Katie Hopkins and Caitlyn Jenner as the flags.

That way we will be taking both Hopkins and Jenner out of the limelight and protecting the Australian public from their noxious views, while the Australian and American governments can have the terf war they crave.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Solemn Sloth posted:

I can’t believe Dan, Mark, and Anastacia would do this

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

As a society we need to have a good long talk about calling repeated events 2.0. When you're saying "lockdown five point oh" with no irony it's time to let it go.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the latest lockdown patch really broke the game honestly

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hey konomex. there's at least 5 schools now with kids as confirmed cases in vic

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Eediot Jedi posted:

As a society we need to have a good long talk about calling repeated events 2.0. When you're saying "lockdown five point oh" with no irony it's time to let it go.

Lock down 3.0 + 2.0: you must (not) lockdown

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
As a society I think we need to do more through interstitial version updates between major upgrades. I will not be taking questions on what this means

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Eediot Jedi posted:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

As a society I think we need to do more through interstitial version updates between major upgrades. I will not be taking questions on what this means

i think it means u suck mal.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Please don't quote my posts with typos in them before I can correct them. Also I do not notice typos in my posts until someone quotes them. What i'm saying I guess is I'm on smoko leave me alone

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/elle_hunt/status/1416314995806294017

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Tommunist posted:

nice

was there even an isnack 1.0?

hambeet posted:

Phillip Island is looking a bit rough right now. The main town on the island itself (Cowes) has exposure sites up and down the main street including its two big super markets, the only big super markets on the island. Just off the island in San Remo the fish and chip joint that is a local institution is also hit up. Surprised they didn't visit the IGA nearby and gently caress that up too.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Tommunist posted:

don't even have to tell shinji to get in the drat quarantine hotel

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I feel like she’s just admitting being a sex offender now?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Solemn Sloth posted:

I feel like she’s just admitting being a sex offender now?

If you ask the workers what she's doing I bet she follows all the rules and they don't know anything about her or who she is.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

JBP posted:

If you ask the workers what she's doing I bet she follows all the rules and they don't know anything about her or who she is.

NSWPol should charge her just to be on the safe side

E:given she’s clearly mentally ill, send VicPol up and they can just shoot her or toss her out the window.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Also, maybe these are probably new rules for hotel quarantine, but when I flew back into Aus. from Seoul last year, (I did my 14 days free hotel quarantine in Sydney), there was none of this "Knock then wait 30 seconds and come out wearing a mask" stuff. The meals were delivered outside the door, and the person delivering them knocked once, and moved on to the next room. Hotel staff were all wearing masks during any interaction, but that is bog standard these days.

I'm pretty sure I would have collected my breakfast in my undies more than once, but I was doing it because I am a lazy bastard, and not as a political statement against the communist fascist sjw cucks like Ms. Hopkins seems to think she is doing.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Eediot Jedi posted:

Better than "lockdowngate"

hambeet posted:

Those removalists really hosed the entire state, didn't they?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Rip Mildura

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Yep rip regional vic's early parole.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also, maybe these are probably new rules for hotel quarantine, but when I flew back into Aus. from Seoul last year, (I did my 14 days free hotel quarantine in Sydney), there was none of this "Knock then wait 30 seconds and come out wearing a mask" stuff. The meals were delivered outside the door, and the person delivering them knocked once, and moved on to the next room. Hotel staff were all wearing masks during any interaction, but that is bog standard these days.

I'm pretty sure I would have collected my breakfast in my undies more than once, but I was doing it because I am a lazy bastard, and not as a political statement against the communist fascist sjw cucks like Ms. Hopkins seems to think she is doing.

For Vic in April / Mmay this year, my brother in law came back from Spain and he was tested every 3 days. He had to put on mask, unlock the door, stand back against the wall and wait for them to enter and test and not move till they left.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

hambeet posted:

For Vic in April / Mmay this year, my brother in law came back from Spain and he was tested every 3 days. He had to put on mask, unlock the door, stand back against the wall and wait for them to enter and test and not move till they left.

Did he make witty jokes about being a meat popsicle?

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Katie Hopkins another jobless leaner sneaking into the country and disrespecting our way of life

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Eediot Jedi posted:

Yep rip regional vic's early parole.

this is what u get for ur poasts

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Tommunist posted:

this is what u get for ur poasts

Not half of what's deserved.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

hambeet posted:

He had to put on mask, unlock the door, stand back against the wall and wait for them to enter and test and not move till they left.

Are you sure he wasn’t just playing the opening prison cell section of Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion?

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jul 18, 2021

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I was trying to look up what other kinds of wacky characters are on this Big Brother cast and found

Daily Mail posted:

The corner of the garden will also house a hot tub - perfect for any steamy romances that may arise on the season. 

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Apparently the political prisoner turned nudist has been fired from big brother.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Are you sure he wasn’t just playing the opening prison cell section of Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion?

These are the closing days of the 5th wave, and the final hours of my premiership

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Konomex posted:

Why can't we hold police to higher standards? Lying to another officer should get you benched, then investigated, and if proven true - fired. And if a cop does commit a crime, there should be a crime called committing a crime whilst being a cop' and it should add a mandatory 1 year to whatever sentence you got. Oh, got off on probation? Great, you still get a year locked up dick head.

sometimes, in some jurisdictions, when the moon is full and the stars are right, a cop will get sued for stomping someone's head and they'll have to pay punitive damages. otherwise... lol... lmao nope

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Eediot Jedi posted:

Apparently the political prisoner turned nudist has been fired from big brother.

small victories I guess

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Eediot Jedi posted:

Great I assume she's on a subclass 408 visa so that should also be cancelled shortly as she has now ceased the activity for which the visa was granted (could've been cancelled for risk to the AU community earlier but this is easier. Probably still not going to happen though).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Buck Turgidson posted:

sometimes, in some jurisdictions, when the moon is full and the stars are right, a cop will get sued for stomping someone's head and they'll have to pay punitive damages. otherwise... lol... lmao nope

When you accidentally kerbstomp the child of a judge maybe