Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

you broke my grill posted:

"The Company Man" is before the snow one so that's my best guess

I jumped aroud Shins of the Father and didn't see him so I think the KotH wiki may be wrong about that

I work with a guy named JR and whenever I see him I think "JR, JR, he's a really bad guy, who lives on a ranch with his mom."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I don’t wanna die with my son who looooves me

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

The Moon Monster posted:

I work with a guy named JR and whenever I see him I think "JR, JR, he's a really bad guy, who lives on a ranch with his mom."

I loving love that episode so much, lots of great lines

"I asked you nicely to buy me a gun."

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
My favorite is "KHAN JR GO THERE!" from the Boneyard episode.

PinheadSlim posted:

I loving love that episode so much, lots of great lines

"I asked you nicely to buy me a gun."

Imagine him visting Westworld.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

twistedmentat posted:

he was actually like, a horrible poo poo person when he was a kid and teenager

Like that one time at the Christian Youth Athletes picnic when they called the coach "Sour Coach Sauers"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nooner posted:

Like that one time at the Christian Youth Athletes picnic when they called the coach "Sour Coach Sauers"

Hey fatty, you're fat!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Oh that's right, he started crying.

Like a baby.

Even worse, after blubbering he said "I love you" to Buck.

I mean :cmon: this is non-Houston Texas!!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Bobby imitating Hank as a woman

"Now where did I put mah panty hose" *adjusts non existent glasses*

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Need that i am okay one really bad

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Nooner posted:

...we were good kids, though.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

like, dang ol' art, man

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

In retrospect, it's pretty odd that Strickland Propane didn't have a big ol' American flag pole

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Kalli posted:

In retrospect, it's pretty odd that Strickland Propane didn't have a big ol' American flag pole

Before 9/11 flagpoles were for post offices

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Holy Christ, I've rewatched this show so many times I can't count and I just caught the credits for Reverand Stroupe's first episode and it's Mary freaking Tyler Moore

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Holy Christ, I've rewatched this show so many times I can't count and I just caught the credits for Reverand Stroupe's first episode and it's Mary freaking Tyler Moore

That's happened to me no less than 3-5 times, show has arguably the all time best use of guest characters

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Yeah they sneak them in so well, I watched the Stik Tek episode a dozen times before I realized the woman who hires Dale is Lisa Kudrow.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It does help that they do a good job at being another character instead of the Simpsons style “hey it’s X famous person!” “Hi Lisa”

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Sitting there shocked that you’d just been kicked by a one legged man, he’d bite ya

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

bobjr posted:

It does help that they do a good job at being another character instead of the Simpsons style “hey it’s X famous person!” “Hi Lisa”

And when they do have a famous person play themselves, it always made sense. Usually Texas centric athletes, or country musicians, and even former Governor Ann Richards. It felt so much more natural.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Detective No. 27 posted:

And when they do have a famous person play themselves, it always made sense. Usually Texas centric athletes, or country musicians, and even former Governor Ann Richards. It felt so much more natural.

Meanwhile you get Jennifer Aniston playing Peperroni Sue and it doesn't stick out at loving all.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Sitting there shocked that you’d just been kicked by a one legged man, he’d bite ya

Musta reminisced too hard and brought my pain water up

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Meanwhile you get Jennifer Aniston playing Peperroni Sue and it doesn't stick out at loving all.

She knew her place

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

namlosh posted:

Musta reminisced too hard and brought my pain water up

"You made a bowl"

"It's a combat bowl!"

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Can someone confirm I'm not batshit for me? The episode where hanks old barber goes a little crazy and when Hank tries to break up with him, the barber is blowdrying shaving cream off of his head, right? When the shaving cream splatters the window I swear to god it sounds like 'shave and a haircut' from the old 'shave and a haircut, two bits' diddy

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

You're not batshit, that's definitely the same rhythm.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I tried looking for it and found this instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgpppKRw8eM

No, I didn't click on it. From the thumbnail I get the impression that you'll never get the shapiro vids from your recommends

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Hated John Redcorn?!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

What was it? I assume some nazi screed from the looks of it.

This is good though

https://twitter.com/luulubuu/status/1415425649934745604?s=20

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's absolutely not that. That guy does a whole lot of videos about animated TV shows and does a lot of deep dives into the writing and character backgrounds.

The video starts off kinda cringy but he's absolutely right that John Redcorn is kind of a lovely dude. Even when Nancy breaks it off with him, John Redcorn is still super weird and possessive about her. He also gets really weird about Joseph being "his son" despite the fact that he's made very little effort to be an actual father to him. Hell, later on in the series when Bill starts dating one of John Redcorn's exes, it's revealed that he's a deadbeat dad who had absolutely no idea that Kate even existed.

dolphinbomb fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jul 15, 2021

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Yeah Redcorn being a dirtbag has always been a clear fact about him

He's a good character, just not a very good person

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Milo and POTUS posted:

What was it? I assume some nazi screed from the looks of it.

This is good though

https://twitter.com/luulubuu/status/1415425649934745604?s=20

This was incredible, thank you.

Also,

https://twitter.com/kingsilenthill/status/837301653837656066?s=19

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I just rewatched the episode with Lucky and Luannes wedding and I noticed that there are some weird guests in attendance.

First I noticed Ted, Cindy, and Chane Wassanasong and that's what made me look closer. Then I saw Boomhauers brother Patch, Tammy the prostitute, Junichiro apparently flew out for it, Peggys Scandinavian hairdresser from that one episode, the water heater repairman that Ladybird bit, and Dooly and Mark Peters are there too.

And then I noticed part of the wedding decor included Hanks grill hooked up to a gold propane tank lol.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

PinheadSlim posted:

I just rewatched the episode with Lucky and Luannes wedding and I noticed that there are some weird guests in attendance.

First I noticed Ted, Cindy, and Chane Wassanasong and that's what made me look closer. Then I saw Boomhauers brother Patch, Tammy the prostitute, Junichiro apparently flew out for it, Peggys Scandinavian hairdresser from that one episode, the water heater repairman that Ladybird bit, and Dooly and Mark Peters are there too.

And then I noticed part of the wedding decor included Hanks grill hooked up to a gold propane tank lol.

They probably just used a bunch of old character. designs to fill up the crowd

Come to think of it, the wedding would be rather depressingly small if they didnt. Luanne doesn't really have a lot of people in the world. Her church contacts maybe? That's about it outside the core cast

At the same time, why wouldn't KotH writers pick up on that as something they could portray with the subtle honesty they portray most of their characters

Baffling

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Yeah I saw some characters that made a lot of sense like Peggys mom, Luckys redneck friends, Luannes beauty school teacher and fellow students.

I just expected them to fill out the rest of the crowd with people like the girls Luanne took to her 21st birthday or even just a bunch of random youngish looking adults but nope there's Dooly and Clark Peters instead lol.

e: a fun throwback would have been including the little old lady from the trailer parks tornado shelter

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PinheadSlim posted:

That episode was supposed to be the series finale which is why everybody showed up. They got pretty far before finding out they were renewed.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

PinheadSlim posted:

Even Anthony, aka twig boy, from the first episode attended.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

muscles like this! posted:

That episode was supposed to be the series finale which is why everybody showed up. They got pretty far before finding out they were renewed.

I feel like a dingus for not realizing this must be the case considering it's the season 11 finale lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm just thinking of Dooley at the wedding

"you got married".