Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It's not as though Shapiro has solidarity with other short men and he certainly doesn't own it. If he could take a pill and be 6'3" (a veritable bear of a man) he'd step on his own mother's neck without hesitation to get at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

It's like trump's tiny hands. If he was proud of his undeniably delicate fingers, no one would laugh at them. It's because he's so ridiculously defensive about a perfectly normal and unremarkable physical characteristic that makes it fun to mock.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Also hes a far right fucker who would gladly consigns millions to ruin and death, and has in fact been a negative influence on all of society for years.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Heath posted:

It's not as though Shapiro has solidarity with other short men and he certainly doesn't own it. If he could take a pill and be 6'3" (a veritable bear of a man) he'd step on his own mother's neck without hesitation to get at it
Well once he'd positioned the stepladder

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

SiKboy posted:

It doesnt bother me, nor am I pleased about it. You could say that I'm quixotic neutral.

landerig alt account spotted

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
No poo poo I did think of that line after I said it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Platystemon posted:

No one cares that Ben Shapiro is short. It’s only funny because he takes it personally and lies about it bigly.

It’s like Jorp’s dirty room. It’s hardly worth a comment on its own, but when the dude’s mantra is “clean your room”, yeah, people are going to laugh about it.

Yeah, it's a method of making fun of their hypocracy and odious beliefs, like the old joke about the prefect German being thin like Goring, tall like Goebbels, and blond like Hitler.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

People make fun of Ben Shapiro's height because he cares about it, which is why there's tons of short jokes here in this thread that Ben Shapiro reads

oh wait

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Garrand posted:

People make fun of Ben Shapiro's height because he cares about it, which is why there's tons of short jokes here in this thread that Ben Shapiro reads

oh wait

This line of thinking is incredible considering the thread your in

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I swear, everytime we call Ben "the worst rear end in a top hat" shapiro some sort of creepy little goblin gnome, we get a couple of goons ready to take those short bullets for him.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I have no stakes in this argument, I just hate the disengenous "we only make short jokes because ben hates it" when people just like making short jokes. You don't do it because Ben hates it, he's never going to see them, you just want the excuse to make short jokes.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Yeah.. sorry we were a little careless

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

Garrand posted:

oh wait

It’s like calling a homophobe gay, but on the most petty scale. No one should care quite as much as all that, obviously, but Lil Swamp Booger Baby isn’t wrong, and it’s absolutely reasonable to dislike the direction the conversation has turned.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

My dudes, whats worse, being short or being gay.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Hihohe posted:

I'll ask my uncle, Kurt; he's both!

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Garrand posted:

I have no stakes in this argument, I just hate the disengenous "we only make short jokes because ben hates it" when people just like making short jokes. You don't do it because Ben hates it, he's never going to see them, you just want the excuse to make short jokes.

Correct, which is why when one person says something approaching "these are just body shaming jokes", there will be two pages of people being super not mad and stuffing the word manlet in one sentence as many times as they can.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Hihohe posted:

I swear, everytime we call Ben "the worst rear end in a top hat" shapiro some sort of creepy little goblin gnome, we get a couple of goons ready to take those short bullets for him.

Goons just love being contrarian, they don’t particularly care why

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Hihohe posted:

They're both pretty rad actually :c00lbutt:

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

I don’t know if anyone would take issue with “creepy little goblin gnome,” and I personally don’t take issue with any of it, I just felt that everyone was very dismissive of a valid point

E:

Hihohe posted:

That’s exactly the point: it’s the implication that either of those things are negative, when they are not

GlobglogGroAbgalab has a new favorite as of 22:49 on Jul 17, 2021

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

What was your username again?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Garrand posted:

Are you sure you don't have a little stake here? You're coming off a bit short.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Weatherman posted:

What was your username again?

Oof, ouch, I forgot.

…some of my best friends have Down’s syndrome?

Point withdrawn.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

RobrtDwnsySyndrome posted:

Oof, ouch, I forgot.

…some of my best friends have Down’s syndrome?

Point withdrawn.

I’ll gift cert you a username change if you want it.

Does anyone have some fresh idiocy that’s not Ben Shapiro related? There’s gotta be some good Freedom Phone stuff or something.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Politics is always ripe for IoSM

https://twitter.com/KweenInYeIIow/status/1416481572258205700

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Does anyone have some fresh idiocy that’s not Ben Shapiro related? There’s gotta be some good Freedom Phone stuff or something.

Thanks. Can you rename me Globglog gro-Abgalab?

I can’t wait to get back on my high horse.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1416422721865535490?s=20

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wonder sometimes if florida man does not constitute a third, more powerful gender.

Like a prestige class in DnD or something.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Not as long as the "no homegrown" rule remains in effect :argh:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

RobrtDwnsySyndrome posted:

Thanks. Can you rename me Globglog gro-Abgalab?

I can’t wait to get back on my high horse.

I’ll PM you the gift cert, you’ve gotta actually put it in yourself. It’s not a mod powers thing, I just put some money into this site now and again and people haven’t been posting as much weird poo poo for me to redtext them with lately.

Here’s some good poo poo wrt the freedom phone:

https://twitter.com/rzstprogramming/status/1415722342454542342?s=21

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Was he arrested for intent or for poor pedagogy?

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

I’ll PM you the gift cert, you’ve gotta actually put it in yourself.

Roger that. I appreciate it.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1416452758971027460?s=19

https://twitter.com/ElliotEBK/status/1416502787291103238?s=19

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Also make fun of his novel, it's awful. It's worth a so-bad-it's-good read even just remember to steal or pirate it.
I know he had more than one. Is this the one where he wrote some poor innocent cop shooting a black 8-year-old, but in the most contrived, manufactured, cop-apologist way that fiction is capable of, and still had it be obviously and unambiguously the cop's fault?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Also disco does suck, it's the flimsiest of dance musics.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

You suck you fuckin jive honky

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Baron von Eevl posted:

Also disco does suck, it's the flimsiest of dance musics.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Hihohe posted:

You suck you fuckin jive honky

We were supposed to stop talking about Ben

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Vib Rib posted:

I know he had more than one. Is this the one where he wrote some poor innocent cop shooting a black 8-year-old, but in the most contrived, manufactured, cop-apologist way that fiction is capable of, and still had it be obviously and unambiguously the cop's fault?

Iirc the kid was a paid plant by the blm to intimidate the poor cop into murdering him so the guy in charge could cause riots and set up a race council to rule all the cities? I dunno it was stupid and I only listened to the behind the bastards readings of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Oh no. You caught them in hypocrisy. Surely this "gotcha" will work.

It's... almost literally the "and yet you participate in society" comic. It's not effective when used against you or I, so why would it be effective against a fascist like Owens?