Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

”Clark you dick! I know you can hear me!”

“Nope,no idea Robin,it’s a mystery”.

He's like... 5 inches from the surface, HOW DO THEY NOT HEAR HIM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Synthbuttrange posted:

Thor / Loki Double Trouble #4

Jesse James as a Vibe

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

”Clark you dick! I know you can hear me!”

“Nope,no idea Robin,it’s a mystery”.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

not every artist is prepared to draw spider-ham. it would be strange if they were.

It’s the baldness that’s unsettling for me - I always knew Peter Porker to have hair on his head.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
nuyyyaugh!

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

There’s so many things I hate about that era of Wolverine, but two of my nitpickiest are the corner box and the logo. That logo kept getting longer and longer am until it took up a drat 1/3 of the page And the corner box was a recolored Kevin Nowlan piece (from Marvel Comics Presents I think?) - it was originally the brown and orange costume but changed when Logan went back to the old yellow and blue. The whole thing just seems off putting

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I’ve only just realised is that meant to be ultrons head that wolvie is holding?
Somehow he’s holding the head at the reader yet the eyebeams are shooting up through its own head to hit ol’ snikt bub.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

I’ve only just realised is that meant to be ultrons head that wolvie is holding?
Somehow he’s holding the head at the reader yet the eyebeams are shooting up through its own head to hit ol’ snikt bub.

Its the head of a Shiva robot activating latent completely undetectable implants in wolverines brain to unleash memories of the time he was special forces and/or his dad sabretooth killing his native American girlfriend which all may or may not have happened because Comics.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It's clearly shooting boba tea through his chin and out the back of his head.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Wait his dad sabretooth? I can’t tell what’s real anymore ohnoi’vegonecrosseyed

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
I remember Mark Texiera's art on Ghost Rider back in the early '90's and thought it was pretty cool, especially with Jim Lee and Whilce Portacio kinda being the X standards at the time.

His Wolverine is starting to look a bit the Maxx though. Has he done anything noteworthy recently?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wait his dad sabretooth? I can’t tell what’s real anymore ohnoi’vegonecrosseyed

Chris Claremont's original plan for Sabretooth was that he would be revealed as Wolverine's dad

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Which, if I remember correctly, was tossed out because it was blindingly obvious to even a casual observer.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Splint Chesthair posted:

It’s the baldness that’s unsettling for me - I always knew Peter Porker to have hair on his head.
Maybe he shares a barber with Porky?

I also found this a very unsettling read

Crashbee fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jul 18, 2021

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Infinitum posted:

Jesse James as a Vibe

There's no way we'll ever be certain, but I'm fairly confident he meant to say Jesse and James.

Not that Jesse James isn't also a vibe I'd want to see Gurihuru depict.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Green Lantern #12 (1944)

Spider-Man 2099: Spider-Verse (2015)

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Crashbee posted:

Maybe he shares a barber with Porky?

I also found this a very unsettling read

Porky Pig does not wear pants.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

yaffle posted:

Porky Pig does not wear pants.

if you want to see that thing's dick then just commission an artist. they get disgusting fucks like you all the time.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The ugliest thing on that cover is the flat pattern on Luthor’s jacket.

Also, using this as an excuse to remind people that Batman/Elmer Fudd was legitimately really good, and worth a read.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Open Marriage Night posted:

The ugliest thing on that cover is the flat pattern on Luthor’s jacket.

I've always hated that technique of just putting a layer of plaid over the line art without care for the folds of the fabric.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I like that technique, and think it looks totally fine.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I still loving love that they recreated that effect for Stan for the two 3D Monkey Island games.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Veotax posted:

I still loving love that they recreated that effect for Stan for the two 3D Monkey Island games.

The original: a coding mistake that they liked and decided to keep.
The 3D versions: something the software kept trying to fix automatically and they had to figure out how to break it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Wolverine is eating that laser.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Studio Gonzo did a series based on the Count of Monte Cristo using this style back in '04.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaG9Kkkdfx0

It was pretty loving good.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Bruceski posted:

The original: a coding mistake that they liked and decided to keep.
The 3D versions: something the software kept trying to fix automatically and they had to figure out how to break it.

It wasn't so much a mistake in the original as it was just that doing perspective-correct patterns on the clothes of animated 2D sprites takes a lot of loving effort that they apparently preferred to spend on other things.

It also took extra work to recreate the same effect in 3D with post-processing shaders, because perspective-correct texturing is the entire point of 3D, but by then the look was well-established enough that the effort was worth it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

These days it would probably be fairly trivial to do in 3D (just use a fragment shader that uses screen space coordinates to texture read instead of UVs, it'd be like two lines) but shaders were a lot more complex to mess with back then.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
That's true. I was mainly thinking of Tales of Monkey Island, but they also did the effect in 3D for Escape from Monkey Island in 2000. The first graphics cards with programmable shader support didn't even come out until 2001.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

House of Mystery #32 (1954)

Web of Spider-Man #11 (2010)

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
What does that mean?

He has two of them?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I’m the Emily Dickinson of sexting. I never send my sexts. They’ll be found in my drawer after I die

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

thetoughestbean posted:

I’m the Emily Dickinson of sexting. I never send my sexts. They’ll be found in my drawer after I die

Sent at 1:26pm
But what if I want to get in your drawers before then

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Really enjoying this recent characterization of Black Cat as kind of a dingus.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

thetoughestbean posted:

She sent them to all sorts of people, especially the kind of horny ones, but really mostly as private letters or missives. So actually the Emily Dickinson of sexting was probably Emily Dickinson.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think she means Pete's good with sticky hands :pervert:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gaz-L posted:

I think she means Pete's good with sticky hands :pervert:

MJ must have got drunk and told Black Cat about their Little Miss Muffet role playing one time.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Darthemed posted:

Web of Spider-Man #11 (2010)

When did MJ get boring anyway? At least BC knows the value of bad dad jokes.

Edit:If that is MJ that is.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

GPTribefan posted:

There’s so many things I hate about that era of Wolverine, but two of my nitpickiest are the corner box and the logo. That logo kept getting longer and longer am until it took up a drat 1/3 of the page And the corner box was a recolored Kevin Nowlan piece (from Marvel Comics Presents I think?) - it was originally the brown and orange costume but changed when Logan went back to the old yellow and blue. The whole thing just seems off putting

The corner box pic looks like he’s doing a little dance.

“I’m the best there is at what I do, and what I do is YADADADADA-YADADADA-DAAAAAAAAA!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

thetoughestbean posted:

I almost cracked "I'll load my pockets with nudes and walk into a river" but then remembered that wasn't Emily Dickinson but Virginia Woolf.