Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

lmao what the gently caress haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

who shot ashelye babbo?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
the only really interesting thing about that lady who got shot is that it's illustrative of the bourgeois state starting to lose control of its reactionary wing, the breakdown in the political stability of the imperial core and the efforts of the capitalist class to reestablish control, but trying to turn it into some grand moral tale seems p meaningless

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Brain Candy posted:

no

this anti-dialectical garbage, it replaces analysis with emotion, with 'deserve'. the disregard for the lives of enemies comes not from the idea that they bear some Christian sin but instead the knowledge that they will not stop until they are stopped

to then defend anarchists either forgets or ignores that they are or will become enemies. that they are morally 'better' in some sense in recognizing the current evils is not of use if they will not engage in action that in reality corrects them: this same moral superiority is born of liberals and by them, and fundementally makes them servants of stasis. of course, in the moment it may be possible to share some common cause, but the nature of that alliance is never permanent and always with question of 'what are the consequences'

The only one spout idealist, anti-materialist garbage here is you and your neo-con fake Marxist friends, bucko.

I don't know where you got some weird idea of christian original sin in my post, possibly projection from your holier than thou false interpretation of the words of Marx, Lenin and Mao if you ever actually read him.

Ashely Babbit was not some loving monster doomed with the original sin of being a chud and I never stated that anywhere in what I said. I said that she was, at the time she was shot and killed, a foot soldier of reaction and a defender of capitalisms and a lover of fascism. She was our enemy and would have gladly put a bullet in you and any other communist if she could. Would it have been nice if some one had made her non crazy in some halcyon year in the far past? Yes? But unless you are going to suggest going out and hugging nazis in the street like the liberal cuckold you are, I don't think being wishy washy about how maybe she could've been a not reactionary if presented with enough love and kindness from the left is going to do anything.

Its telling that a small part of your post is dedicated to misrepresenting the majority of what I said, while the bulk is spent on taking me saying 'anarchists are right about this one thing while being wrong in almost every other way' and acting like I am violently defending anarchists. No, anarchists are stupid and wrong and often get in the way of actual organizing. I was one for a bit, I know that they're loving braindead and too scared to actually take the steps needed to create the people's revolution. But they are also not our primary enemies right now. We are in the heart of capitalism, the belly of the loving beast. Against us is arrayed the full forces of reaction from knuckle dragging street fighters to slick suited COINTELPRO monsters. By focusing on attacking the anarchist left to a frankly stupid degree I feel that a lot of Marxist Leninists on this forum miss the forest for the trees.

We are better than the reactionaries by dint of actually caring about the masses and working to materially better their conditions. We should not loving defend fascist fighters to own the goddamn libs. Its the same type of insanity and fetishization and individualization of politics that leads chuds to burn their own clothing to 'own' lib brands. The best course of action for us is to work on serving the people, providing them education and material goods, while either ignoring anarchists or working with them when our goals coincide with theirs. For all their faults their vision of a future is far closer to the one we want than Ashley loving Babbit's. Do not get addicted to the thrill of owning your online posting enemies, or else you'll start to do stupid poo poo like defend someone who bombed the global south and sought to entrench a more hardline form of American reaction in the government.

Also before people take that last line and run with it: Biden is absolutely a reactionary monster and in some ways more dangerous than Trump, since the liberal media is more likely to ignore his monstrous attacks on the revolutions of the global south and the alphabet orgs like him more than Trump. If a liberal regime change loving Biden supporter got shot at one of those Florida rallies by a cop, I'd be having the same line on them as I do on Ashely Babbit. Our enemies harming each other and stewing up bad blood between their own factions is good. We should be smiling as it happens.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

mcclay posted:

The only one spout idealist, anti-materialist garbage here is you and your neo-con fake Marxist friends, bucko.

I don't know where you got some weird idea of christian original sin in my post, possibly projection from your holier than thou false interpretation of the words of Marx, Lenin and Mao if you ever actually read him.

Ashely Babbit was not some loving monster doomed with the original sin of being a chud and I never stated that anywhere in what I said. I said that she was, at the time she was shot and killed, a foot soldier of reaction and a defender of capitalisms and a lover of fascism. She was our enemy and would have gladly put a bullet in you and any other communist if she could. Would it have been nice if some one had made her non crazy in some halcyon year in the far past? Yes? But unless you are going to suggest going out and hugging nazis in the street like the liberal cuckold you are, I don't think being wishy washy about how maybe she could've been a not reactionary if presented with enough love and kindness from the left is going to do anything.

Its telling that a small part of your post is dedicated to misrepresenting the majority of what I said, while the bulk is spent on taking me saying 'anarchists are right about this one thing while being wrong in almost every other way' and acting like I am violently defending anarchists. No, anarchists are stupid and wrong and often get in the way of actual organizing. I was one for a bit, I know that they're loving braindead and too scared to actually take the steps needed to create the people's revolution. But they are also not our primary enemies right now. We are in the heart of capitalism, the belly of the loving beast. Against us is arrayed the full forces of reaction from knuckle dragging street fighters to slick suited COINTELPRO monsters. By focusing on attacking the anarchist left to a frankly stupid degree I feel that a lot of Marxist Leninists on this forum miss the forest for the trees.

We are better than the reactionaries by dint of actually caring about the masses and working to materially better their conditions. We should not loving defend fascist fighters to own the goddamn libs. Its the same type of insanity and fetishization and individualization of politics that leads chuds to burn their own clothing to 'own' lib brands. The best course of action for us is to work on serving the people, providing them education and material goods, while either ignoring anarchists or working with them when our goals coincide with theirs. For all their faults their vision of a future is far closer to the one we want than Ashley loving Babbit's. Do not get addicted to the thrill of owning your online posting enemies, or else you'll start to do stupid poo poo like defend someone who bombed the global south and sought to entrench a more hardline form of American reaction in the government.

Also before people take that last line and run with it: Biden is absolutely a reactionary monster and in some ways more dangerous than Trump, since the liberal media is more likely to ignore his monstrous attacks on the revolutions of the global south and the alphabet orgs like him more than Trump. If a liberal regime change loving Biden supporter got shot at one of those Florida rallies by a cop, I'd be having the same line on them as I do on Ashely Babbit. Our enemies harming each other and stewing up bad blood between their own factions is good. We should be smiling as it happens.

:champ:

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
please respond they still have not given me either my fries or my wopper

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Brain Candy posted:

to then defend anarchists either forgets or ignores that they are or will become enemies

This is dumb

Instead think about how they can become allies. They believe 90% of the same things you do, pull them across the other 10%

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mcclay posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMmXCKxwa0k

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Kaedric posted:

This is dumb

Instead think about how they can become allies. They believe 90% of the same things you do, pull them across the other 10%

the other 10% is the bedrock of their ideology, dum-dum

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
how about after the revolution we have different zones. if you want to live in one zone you will follow the rules of communism, if you want to live in the other zone you can follow the rules of anarchism (none). you can go between the zones freely and change how you live any time you want and its against the rules for the communists to invade and bother the anarchists and try to make them worship the emperor or work in collective farms or whatever

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
every system is flawed, i'll have no gods or masters
power always corrupts and more of it works faster
on the brink of collapse and headed for disaster
so put faith in your peers, not the news or a pastor

LittleBlackCloud
Mar 5, 2007
xXI love Plum JuiceXx

Rutibex posted:

how about after the revolution we have different zones. if you want to live in one zone you will follow the rules of communism, if you want to live in the other zone you can follow the rules of anarchism (none). you can go between the zones freely and change how you live any time you want and its against the rules for the communists to invade and bother the anarchists and try to make them worship the emperor or work in collective farms or whatever

sounds authoritarian

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

..I can fix him
..I can fix her
..I can fix them both

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 202 days!

ted hitler hunter posted:

..I can fix him

..I can fix her

..I can fix them both

what have we told you about hunting and 'fixing' hitlers, Ted?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rutibex posted:

got a question for you. let's hypothetically say that we got this society, so if the communists do come over without respecting your no rules zone, how much would you scream and moan about them breaking the nap by freeing your slaves?

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

im an anarchist because im gonna stay up all night and play my music as loud as i want. the freakin communists keep telling me to do homework!! no ty

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hodgepodge posted:

what have we told you about hunting and 'fixing' hitlers, Ted?

he's talking about spaying & neutering

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Kaedric posted:

This is dumb

there's a lot of people out there. it's easier to radicalise someone new than to convert someone with strongly held beliefs. especially if those beliefs are anarchism.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

quote:

you know the rapper dude who was "chaz security" was contracted by the seattle fire chief on behalf of the police chief. those kids were killed by cop contractors which effective makes them killed by cops

it's procop disinformation to assert otherwise or to be like "duh...those anarchists kill black kids just like the cops"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Having holes in security so big you could drive a big rig through it isn't the kind of argument they think it is.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
yea, if anything it reflects worse on you having a movement so unorganized that the cops can just put their own guys in charge of security and nobody even bats an eye

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Using the death of 2 black kids to defend your ideology ftw!

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

pnac attack posted:

every system is flawed, i'll have no gods or masters
power always corrupts and more of it works faster
on the brink of collapse and headed for disaster
so put faith in your peers, not the news or a pastor

would you like to buy some bitcoin or perhaps tell us about ephebophilia?

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

R. Mute posted:

there's a lot of people out there. it's easier to radicalise someone new than to convert someone with strongly held beliefs. especially if those beliefs are anarchism.

Anarchists believe the same things as communist except for having a distrust of bureaucrats/governments because *gestures vaguely at nearly every government

You just have to convince them that the vanguard party or whatever ends up in charge will be actually representative of the people

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Also purposefully conflating ancaps with anarchists makes about as much sense as saying communists are fascists

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Kaedric posted:

Anarchists believe the same things as communist except for having a distrust of bureaucrats/governments because *gestures vaguely at nearly every government

lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
lmao

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Cerebral Bore posted:

yea, if anything it reflects worse on you having a movement so unorganized that the cops can just put their own guys in charge of security and nobody even bats an eye

??????? Literally every leftist movement is infiltrated by the cops/letter agencies in america. You're thinking being an ML magically makes you immune to this?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

even so, most people trying to claim territory for themselves would be more disciplined than just letting anyone with a gun act like they're security

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Kaedric posted:

You just have to convince them that the vanguard party or whatever ends up in charge will be actually representative of the people

this is the kind of thinking that happens when you abandon Stalin

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Kaedric posted:

Anarchists believe the same things as communist

lmao

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
for the most part anarchists aren't the "enemies" of communism any more than other people with grab-bag liberal ideologies unconsciously absorbed from the bourgeois consensus are. some of them might actively fight communism and get repressed, but the same is true of slices of various other populations who are angry that the church is losing power or their cattle got collectivized or whatever. if a revolution is successful in the first place it's because most people weighed their options and got with the program

crushing the kronstadt sailors isn't the same as crushing "anarchists". no one cares what you believe in your heart of hearts as opposed to what you materially do

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Any actually existing anarchist territory would be more disciplined than whatever the gently caress happened with CHAZ.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Rutibex posted:

Seems like a waste of resources to maintain a nature preserve of cops and liberals imho

Kaedric posted:

Also purposefully conflating ancaps with anarchists makes about as much sense as saying communists are fascists

They're not conflated, they believe in the same stuff. Like it says so right on the tin, individual freedoms over all. What is the difference between the ancom solution to COVID and the ancap one?

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Any actually existing anarchist territory would be more disciplined than whatever the gently caress happened with CHAZ.

Interesting, where is this territory

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Epic High Five posted:

They're not conflated, they believe in the same stuff. Like it says so right on the tin, individual freedoms over all. What is the difference between the ancom solution to COVID and the ancap one?

I get that there are people who do that whole 'literally I cannot even have a boss at my co-op if I am an anarchist' but that is a vanishingly small and noisy group. The removal of unjust hierarchy is not the same thing as having no hierarchy at all.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Kaedric posted:

I get that there are people who do that whole 'literally I cannot even have a boss at my co-op if I am an anarchist' but that is a vanishingly small and noisy group. The removal of unjust hierarchy is not the same thing as having no hierarchy at all.

If you are pro-hierarchy how are you not a communist? Local power structures feeding into a larger one like a system of Soviets is obviously a non-starter so what is left?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

If you are pro-hierarchy how are you not a communist? Local power structures feeding into a larger one like a system of Soviets is obviously a non-starter so what is left?

The key word is "unjust" hierarchy, if it's one that's opted into (like a teacher and student) then it's fine. States on the other hand don't care about your consent.

(eta: the wiki definition has "rejects all involuntary, coercive forms of hierarchy.)

xtal has issued a correction as of 04:36 on Jul 18, 2021