Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
Has anyone ever made a game where you start with absurdly small numbers and work your way to doing 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I have enjoyed Standard sometimes for the sheer ridiculousness in numbers such as sexnonagintillion but...

Falcon2001 posted:

Yeah engineering crew for life.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Bedurndurn posted:

Has anyone ever made a game where you start with absurdly small numbers and work your way to doing 1?

This one sorta works like that.
You start with a ton of debuffs, and everything rapidly softcaps.

But as you progress, it starts to loosen up:
http://semenar.ru/matter-dim-test/index.html

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Found my old Trimps save.

It said i had 1400 days offline, welp

I grossly misremembered my progress. I was in z319 and had 260 billion Helium.

Trying to do Spire II now, which apparently should be real easy at my helium amount but dudes instantly die in there. Probably something with the AT settings. (max map bonus, 120 min farming). I also respecced perks into fully combat stats and am using Gold upgrades on combat stats.
I kinda wouldn't mind if AT either stopped at 299 and let me try it manually and/or skipped it so i could try it manually later (though since it is a zone in normal progression and not a map i guess you can't save it?)

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Bedurndurn posted:

I've given some thought to re-writing cookie clicker in this format and calling it Honest Clicker.

Sillyman
Jul 21, 2008
There's not nearly enough appreciation for SI prefixes, and specifically the Sandcastle Builder / Kittens Game extended SI postfix system. It has novelty down in the small-ish numbers, in the middle you can just count the W's to get an idea of how big the number is, and the postfix suddenly shrinking to a single Q tells you that you're near the end (of a double, at least). (infinity is somewhere around TWWQ)

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments

reignofevil posted:

I've given some thought to re-writing cookie clicker in this format and calling it Honest Clicker.

Homeopathy Clicker, where after hours of playing you eventually work your way up to a single goose liver.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Meaning Clicker. Your goal is to go from 0 to 1 Meaning through play. Meaning always remains at 0 no matter how big you make other numbers.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I like how y'all are throwing around ideas for a new clicker so I wanna reveal that sometime soon I'm gonna do a stream where I try to develop a new clicker game in 1-2 hours. It's 100% a gimmick title which I will reveal on stream (I'll post about it here after) and I look forward to hearing some feedback. I'm... kinda personally hyped to make it.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

Ineptitude posted:

Found my old Trimps save.

It said i had 1400 days offline, welp

I grossly misremembered my progress. I was in z319 and had 260 billion Helium.

Trying to do Spire II now, which apparently should be real easy at my helium amount but dudes instantly die in there. Probably something with the AT settings. (max map bonus, 120 min farming). I also respecced perks into fully combat stats and am using Gold upgrades on combat stats.
I kinda wouldn't mind if AT either stopped at 299 and let me try it manually and/or skipped it so i could try it manually later (though since it is a zone in normal progression and not a map i guess you can't save it?)

My suggestion when pushing your highest spire is to stop at the highest available poison zone, in this case you should be able to do it at zone 300 since spire II is a poison one, and climb a few bionic wonderlands. You can at least push up to BW 305 or up to 320 for the extra gear if you need the extra attack and health.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
NGU

18 day rebirth and I beat Godmother, now I have wishes.

Ok, that is complicated.

Oh and I'm not gonna rebirth for a day just to beat her a few more times, my drop rate with her was better than with the previous zone. Oh and bought pink heart and threw it in the kitty daycare.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

CannonFodder posted:

NGU

18 day rebirth and I beat Godmother, now I have wishes.

Ok, that is complicated.

Oh and I'm not gonna rebirth for a day just to beat her a few more times, my drop rate with her was better than with the previous zone. Oh and bought pink heart and threw it in the kitty daycare.

I'm right around the same point. bear in mind that several of the wishes are absolute first action things to get, especially if you're hanging out on that rebirth.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Merrill Grinch posted:

Homeopathy Clicker, where after hours of playing you eventually work your way up to a single goose liver.

And as you start from literary zero goose liver you never reach endgame or even make any progress at all.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm right around the same point. bear in mind that several of the wishes are absolute first action things to get, especially if you're hanging out on that rebirth.
Yeah I checked the wiki but at least the first two are very obvious.

Oooh, I can also idle Greasy Nerd at lvl 4, new loot time!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

just started Sadistic. realised the quirk "+10 ppp per itopod kill" was not "+10 pp per itopod kill". devastated

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

just started Sadistic. realised the quirk "+10 ppp per itopod kill" was not "+10 pp per itopod kill". devastated

it's still really good

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Do we have a Legends of Idleon guild or is this not the right thread to ask?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I think yes? pizza is free I think?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
I applied a couple of times to Pizza is Free and didn't get a response.

If someone wanted to hand leadership over to me, I wouldn't mind taking it over (I'm in a fairly new guild right now).

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Im in a guild only because some rando invite me as I walked past. Happy to swap to a goon guild

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

This is to the base rate so with enough +PP% perks/ngus/cards it might as well be.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
Picked trimps back up after a long absence and I unlocked U2 and I think I need to grind out a bunch more c2 to really make any progress here which is kind of disheartening, was hoping I could just be done with U1.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
All the Trimps talk made me open it up. "You were offline for 710 days and 18 hours", and one of my Trimps got a tattoo while I was gone. I'd be impressed, but I have no idea what I'm doing anymore so it's as good as starting from a blank save.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i lost my U2 save recently, and i'm starting over fresh. it's still weirdly engaging even though i've seen it all before

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
ITTRG: I did it. I finshed 2 UACs and evolved my turtle. I'd like to do the AFKy evolve soon too but I have no idea what it means by build up boost for campaigns. At least the bear said to feed it chocolates but the AFKy pet has no tip.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Any new hotness recently? I'd settle for another lousy Prestige Tree mod.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
How recent? Matter Dimensions and Synergism have been active lately, if you haven't played those yet.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Nibble posted:

How recent? Matter Dimensions and Synergism have been active lately, if you haven't played those yet.
Uh, recent recent. My Synergism save's been at endgame for the last like six months+. I just was hoping for some new diamond in the rough.

Maybe that one pachinko/beach ball game got updates again?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Synergism changed domains like a month ago with 2.5.0

https://pseudo-corp.github.io/SynergismOfficial/

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

anyone have a 7x6 layout for ethereal farm

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
NGU Idle: has anybody else lost the ability to get to the Safe Zone in Adventure by clicking on it? I can get there by clicking left from Tutorial Zone but clicking on it just closes the dropdown and doesn't change what zone I'm in.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Pope Guilty posted:

NGU Idle: has anybody else lost the ability to get to the Safe Zone in Adventure by clicking on it? I can get there by clicking left from Tutorial Zone but clicking on it just closes the dropdown and doesn't change what zone I'm in.

Just right click the left arrow. It doesn’t let me select it from the drop down either, but right clicking will take you to the safe zone from any other zone. Right click the right arrow to go to the last unlocked zone too.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Uh, recent recent. My Synergism save's been at endgame for the last like six months+. I just was hoping for some new diamond in the rough.

Maybe that one pachinko/beach ball game got updates again?

https://mrredshark77.github.io/Electrical-Incremental/
Disclaimer: Didn't play it for more than an hour or so, might be poo poo

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Any new hotness recently? I'd settle for another lousy Prestige Tree mod.

If you're looking for Lousy Prestige Tree mods, I recommend checking the TMT discord, but here's the one I've been playing lately:

http://raw.githack.com/pg132/The-Modding-Tree/buyables/index.html

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Jhet posted:

Just right click the left arrow. It doesn’t let me select it from the drop down either, but right clicking will take you to the safe zone from any other zone. Right click the right arrow to go to the last unlocked zone too.

Sounds like a proper bug, then. Thanks for the tip about right-clicking, that's really handy.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

GrossMurpel posted:

https://mrredshark77.github.io/Electrical-Incremental/
Disclaimer: Didn't play it for more than an hour or so, might be poo poo
trip report: it really wears out its welcome post-first-automation, like, I click the button for 100 anions and I need 1500 for an upgrade into 3000 for a full anion reset (which also doesn't seem to inherently give electrons, so it actually slows me back down)

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
it also commits the Cardinal sin of storage games: upgrading capacity costs the full capacity

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Feline Mind Meld posted:

it also commits the Cardinal sin of storage games: upgrading capacity costs the full capacity

It also bases reset progress off current electrons instead of total electrons, so your reset number goes down if you buy stuff.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

the synergism discord "we don't need a wiki use the pins"
me "hey when should i start working on blessings? the pins say i'm going to need 3.5 mil of each one for the next step"
the discord "oh you don't need blessings until the next channel"
but that's literally what the pins you all hold so dear say i need?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
I'm halfway to w5x10-max in Synergism, and it's been somewhat of a throwback to being a 7 year old who doesn't really understand video games yet trying to nurse a GameFAQ to get to the end of #<insert_JRPG_here>.

a very peculiar subculture this is, to have collaboratively tried to cram a walkthrough for a not-quite-scrutable game into a chat room