Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Ambitious Spider posted:

Iirc the kid was a paid plant by the blm to intimidate the poor cop into murdering him so the guy in charge could cause riots and set up a race council to rule all the cities? I dunno it was stupid and I only listened to the behind the bastards readings of it
Yeah, in the strained narrative the kid was meant to suicide by cop just to unfairly make cops look bad, and also all the security cameras nearby had been turned off except one which would capture the most biased angle (where you couldn't see the kid) and also the kid was some kind of incredible actor who never flinched when the cop pointed a gun at him, and on and on and so many reasons he had to shoot this 8 year old child, don't you understand? So far removed from reality that it clearly meant to make a statement on child murder by cop but couldn't in any way connect to anything that ever actually happened.

...except that even with all of these contrived circumstances, it was still the cop's fault because he literally sees a child sitting outside a convenience store, and the kid talks poo poo to him and has "something" in his waistband, so, fearing for his life (and saying he "sees no hint of empathy behind the child's eyes", which is a hell of a thing to say about an 8 year old) he blows the kid away. He literally doesn't even confirm what the child has, or try any other means of resolving the situation. Just immediately points his gun at him, screams repeatedly for him to put his hands up, and when he doesn't, he murders him. And has a very cool internal monologue about how his life matters and the kid's, implicitly, doesn't.
So yeah even with free reign over reality itself to write whatever batshit insane scenario he wanted, Ben still couldn't come up with a child murder that made the cop look justified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Zesty posted:

Oh no. You caught them in hypocrisy. Surely this "gotcha" will work.

It's... almost literally the "and yet you participate in society" comic. It's not effective when used against you or I, so why would it be effective against a fascist like Owens?

Guys we covered this in like 1994

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Zesty posted:

It's... almost literally the "and yet you participate in society" comic. It's not effective when used against you or I, so why would it be effective against a fascist like Owens?

Who gives a poo poo about effective? It’s funny.

What minds was I going to change posting that in an idiots on social media thread that skews left anyway? It’s just fun seeing people post things that are dumb on some level. It’s why this thread exists!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Zesty posted:

no, its not, because she was actively claiming to be using the phone

also, is this thread for accomplishing great things, or pointing at idiots who can't even shill effectively and laughing?

RFC2324 has a new favorite as of 01:37 on Jul 18, 2021

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Zesty posted:

Shut up nerd

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Wait how is this the society post when she is literally selling a working alternative? At least according to her

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The threads on a roll today jeez

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm one of those weird self-absorbed dudes who thinks they could never be tricked into murdering a literal child, but I'm pretty confident that if someone were to pull it off, it would take more than an unidentified item on their belt and an aggressive attitude. I guess I'll never be a famous conservative thinker.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Ever since people heard satire isn't an effective way to speak against something, every shitpost is under official praxis investigation forever

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I don't care about people making Shapiro short jokes, but I think it's immensely lame when people try to justify it by pretending it's a woke thing to do or whatever

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Seriously people, the Shapiro short joke thing has gone on for pages. Drop it or risk getting a six hour probe that says it’s a twelve.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1416062929758302209?s=19

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Lmao

Never change Warnie

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I'm one of those weird self-absorbed dudes who thinks they could never be tricked into murdering a literal child, but I'm pretty confident that if someone were to pull it off, it would take more than an unidentified item on their belt and an aggressive attitude. I guess I'll never be a famous conservative thinker.

Just make the book about those paranormal black-eyed kids. Then, over time you drop the "eyed" part. Bingo, bango, done!

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’ll PM you the gift cert, you’ve gotta actually put it in yourself. It’s not a mod powers thing, I just put some money into this site now and again and people haven’t been posting as much weird poo poo for me to redtext them with lately.

Here’s some good poo poo wrt the freedom phone:

https://twitter.com/rzstprogramming/status/1415722342454542342?s=21

I dont spend a lot of time looking at her but i cant believe I never noticed how far apart her eyes are. its scary

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

You'd never make it as a cop with that attitude, either.

Not even kidding. They've drummed cops off the force for deescalating instead of going in guns blazing.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

rain dogs posted:

I dont spend a lot of time looking at her but i cant believe I never noticed how far apart her eyes are. its scary

It's ok, the world has Gordon Lyon to average out with.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Also disco does suck, it's the flimsiest of dance musics.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Fuckin Warnie
E: Where in the Wide World Of Warnie Is Shane Warne

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Does anyone have any context for this? I am 1000 percent loss but I’m guessing… soccer in some capacity?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Does anyone have any context for this? I am 1000 percent loss but I’m guessing… soccer in some capacity?

Shane Warne is a washed up Australian cricketer of debatable talent and, well that's Bolsonaro..

Cameron Wilson is a journo over at Crikey.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

kirbysuperstar posted:

Shane Warne is a washed up Australian cricketer of debatable talent and, well that's Bolsonaro..

Ahhh if I knew that was bolsnonaro from the picture it would have clicked. Thanks!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Australian cricketer, not very good at checking which woman he just sent a text too. Last I heard of him he’d switched his gin distillery to making hand sanitiser

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

learnincurve posted:

Australian cricketer, not very good at checking which woman he just sent a text too. Last I heard of him he’d switched his gin distillery to making hand sanitiser

My mom still has a bunch of hand sanitizer (like 3/4ths of a gallon) I bought her in may of last year from a distillery back when people thought hand sanitizer was useful for SARS-CoV-2. It was a popular thing for a bit there when there were shortages.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bolsonaro literally hospitalized for being too fuill of poo poo.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Lmao I didn't recognize at first that it was Jair from that angle

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My mom still has a bunch of hand sanitizer (like 3/4ths of a gallon) I bought her in may of last year from a distillery back when people thought hand sanitizer was useful for SARS-CoV-2. It was a popular thing for a bit there when there were shortages.

Yeah, one of my local distilleries put out hand sanitizer for a while. Definite improvement on the drinkability of their product.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Lmao I didn't recognize at first that it was Jair from that angle

Just assume every picture you see of someone in a hospital bed is him. It's a pretty reliable strategy.

He's basically the Spiders Georg of hospitalized public figures.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

kirbysuperstar posted:

Warne's talent was undeniable. He's was an extremely good bowler.

Warne's smarts, personality and self control are the debatable parts.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't have it but imagine I posted a picture of lowtax in hospital and said "gonna tell my kids this was jair bolsonaro"

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

hooman posted:

Warne's talent was undeniable. He's was an extremely good bowler.

Warne's smarts, personality and self control are the debatable parts.

Don't forget blaming his mum!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm sure he's an idiot on social media in other regards, but I'm really not a fan of the "hey give a shout out to my grandpa" "psyche it was a picture of a war criminal" dunk.

Like, what does that prove, that the person accedes to polite requests without first googling pictures of every war/sex/other criminal in history or having encyclopedic knowledge of what they look like? Wow, owned.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Mak0rz posted:

Just assume every picture you see of someone in a hospital bed is him. It's a pretty reliable strategy.

He's basically the Spiders Georg of hospitalized public figures.

i honestly have lost count of the number of times he's hospitalized due to covid or what not, although i also recall when the vaccines were becoming available he claimed that taking it would turn you into either a crocodile

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1340018998612639744

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i honestly have lost count of the number of times he's hospitalized due to covid or what not, although i also recall when the vaccines were becoming available he claimed that taking it would turn you into either a crocodile

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1340018998612639744

I mean it’s pretty clear he’s stating the issue is w liability, not that turning you into a crocodile is an actual side effect.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The Bolsonaro defender has logged on

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
This person is a healthcare provider in Florida that I am unfortunate enough to work with.

Vaya con Dios when Delta comes knocking, I guess. Way to be a steward of best practice during a public health crisis. Way to recognize that vaccines aren't just for you but for everyone.

phone posting so apologies if huge

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

The Bolsonaro defender has logged on

To clarify, gently caress that dude. But I also think it was a clear misrepresentation of Bolsonaro’s point, and it’s an important one even if he sucks. It’s rear end that Pfizer and the rest get to reap the benefits and absolve themselves of any longterm issues. Or if they had a lovely product but secured that type of deal, etc.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

Boywhiz88 posted:

To clarify, gently caress that dude. But I also think it was a clear misrepresentation of Bolsonaro’s point, and it’s an important one even if he sucks. It’s rear end that Pfizer and the rest get to reap the benefits and absolve themselves of any longterm issues. Or if they had a lovely product but secured that type of deal, etc.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

at least he burnt down the amazon on time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

Arivia posted:

at least he burnt down the amazon on time