Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Nodosaur posted:

Oh thank god

I hope that if it comes with a Leader-1 it's better than that sad attempt at a Sparkplug that came with Naval Commander.

In general this thing is hitting me better on the Armada nostalgia than Naval Commander did, in fact.

same, i am a big fans hobby fan but i didnt buy naval commander and i just dont like the look of it

showz has pictures of a pretty early leader 1 and he looks pretty cute:

https://showzstore.com/u_file/2103/photo/8265e5cac4.jpg
https://showzstore.com/u_file/2103/photo/b910fd7b9f.jpg

for some reason i couldnt get them to rehost on imgur and idk if hotlinking is still a thing

he's also reasonably in-scale for original minicons, just a bit larger than the original megatron toy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

juggalo baby coffin posted:

same, i am a big fans hobby fan but i didnt buy naval commander and i just dont like the look of it

showz has pictures of a pretty early leader 1 and he looks pretty cute:

https://showzstore.com/u_file/2103/photo/8265e5cac4.jpg
https://showzstore.com/u_file/2103/photo/b910fd7b9f.jpg

for some reason i couldnt get them to rehost on imgur and idk if hotlinking is still a thing

he's also reasonably in-scale for original minicons, just a bit larger than the original megatron toy:

well now I'm sold

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

the two most recent videos on the fans hobby facebook (who tf uses facebook to promote stuff???) show off the reciprocating cannon action and the real working treads:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/fanshobby/

double evil also has working treads, but on my one at least they're so tight fitting that the weight of the tank itself isnt enough to get the treads to turn

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
No Sir, I don't like the way the barrel goes back and forth when the guy twirls the thingy. It's obscene.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

August summer night, soldiers passing by...

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i put in a preorder on that new starscream from the transform element people. im still kinda torn between it, and waiting for a good KO of MP-52 with the problems fixed

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

In case you're worried Bumblebee is being left out of the latest movie.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1580970308859130/permalink/3078933865729426/

re: Porsche Mirage.
Wouldn't it be funny if it's actually Cliffjumper. The colors are already right.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
holy poo poo lol, I was kinda expecting some new transformer thing for the next Haslab thing, but no, it's motherfucking Galactus

If I had unicron I would totally put them together locking horns

I kinda hope they do rereleases of the Haslab stuff. they've got the molds, right? why not have sequential rereleases down the road, made-to-order like they have been? I really want a Unicron for less than the price of a beater. :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's a TF Victory Haslab project coming as well.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh, really? Thats...fine.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah no details yet as far as I know. Likely Star Saber and Victory Lio.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

There's a TF Victory Haslab project coming as well.

So where is it I need to know for science.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So where is it I need to know for science.

I dunno we waitin.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

I preordered some Kingdom figures from Target a while back, and they keep getting delayed. The Targets around me seem even more sparse on inventory than usual, so I wonder what’s up.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

shadowvine118 posted:

I preordered some Kingdom figures from Target a while back, and they keep getting delayed. The Targets around me seem even more sparse on inventory than usual, so I wonder what’s up.

I know they're doing a reset here in the coming weeks. Dunno why online keeps getting delayed, tho.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Have no connection to star saber but you can be drat sure that Galactus is going to fight Unicron on my shelf, or on top of whatever box I have that can fit them both.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ooooh!

https://twitter.com/AllsparkNews/status/1416106708838096897?s=20

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

it is very weird to me that they never had the proper optimus prime truck in one of the live action movies. it seems like one of the easiest real vehicles to do but instead they made him into that hideous blue flames truck

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/AllsparkNews/status/1415246592760766466?s=20

https://twitter.com/Protoman/status/1415307410781216768?s=20

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

it is very weird to me that they never had the proper optimus prime truck in one of the live action movies. it seems like one of the easiest real vehicles to do but instead they made him into that hideous blue flames truck

They technically had it in the fourth film if you want to count that insanely rusty "evasion" version.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And in Bumblebee

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The fact that we are only getting toys of the characters seen in the Cybertron intro of Bumblebee next year instead of within a year of the movie release like everyone else (including Optimus) means that they whole intro was a last minute thing, right? I recall it was even only in the final trailers before release. The character designs doesn't seem to be made with transformation in mind. Even the Starscream mold we have this year seems kinda messy.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Apparently the logic initially was that they didn't want to cheat sizes so went with the longest possible truck for the character, and went with the flames because it would allow the character to have red detailing, but wouldn't be as hard to photograph as a fully red truck.

The movie was also made at the tail end of the "we can't just make it look like the source material" era, where every movie was redesigning wheels that had been working just fine for decades.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The MSJ posted:

The fact that we are only getting toys of the characters seen in the Cybertron intro of Bumblebee next year instead of within a year of the movie release like everyone else (including Optimus) means that they whole intro was a last minute thing, right? I recall it was even only in the final trailers before release. The character designs doesn't seem to be made with transformation in mind. Even the Starscream mold we have this year seems kinda messy.

Yes, the G1 designs were an extremely last minute thing.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Robot Style posted:

Apparently the logic initially was that they didn't want to cheat sizes so went with the longest possible truck for the character, and went with the flames because it would allow the character to have red detailing, but wouldn't be as hard to photograph as a fully red truck.

The movie was also made at the tail end of the "we can't just make it look like the source material" era, where every movie was redesigning wheels that had been working just fine for decades.

Yeah, pure red tones are insanely difficult both to photograph and to have blend in properly on CGI models. Red tends to bleed more than any other color, and it gets shown differently on movie screens than it does on tablets than on computers than on television.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I like Bay Optimus truck mode

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Hey y'all~

I am going through some stuff since I moved recently, setting boys back up in place and all and was thinking of maybe lightening the load a little bit. Figured I'd offer up robits here before trying ebay and such haha. At the moment I'm thinking of letting the following batch go.

Combiner Wars
Ultra Magnus
Megatron
Superion (G2 set)
Victorion -Claimed

Titans Return
Galvatron
Astrotrain

POTP
Dinobots (minus Slash)

All of them are in good condition, though dusty due to me not having detolfs. They do have all their accessories though and I can check for the instructions, though who knows what box they may be in.

I'll add more maybe if I come across more but this is where I'm at ATM!

Good Listener fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jul 22, 2021

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Darth TNT posted:

I like Bay Optimus truck mode

:agreed:

Good Listener posted:

Hey y'all~

I am going through some stuff since I moved recently, setting boys back up in place and all and was thinking of maybe lightening the load a little bit. Figured I'd offer up robits here before trying ebay and such haha. At the moment I'm thinking of letting the following batch go.

Combiner Wars
Ultra Magnus
Megatron
Superion (G2 set)
Victorion

Titans Return
Galvatron
Astrotrain

POTP
Dinobots (minus Slash)

All of them are in good condition, though dusty due to me not having detolfs. They do have all their accessories though and I can check for the instructions, though who knows what box they may be in.

Aw gee wiz I would buy like all of that if I had money right now :( Especially the Combiner Wars stuff :negative:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Good Listener posted:

Hey y'all~

Combiner Wars
Ultra Magnus
Megatron
Superion (G2 set)
Victorion

Titans Return
Galvatron
Astrotrain

POTP
Dinobots (minus Slash)

Don't sleep on that Victorion, folks, she looks WAY better in person than one might think.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Robot Style posted:

that makes sense, i wish they'd gone with something more like red detailing than red flames. the long truck doesn't bother me much cause optimus as a long truck also has a decent amount of historical precedence, but the flames are just a weirdly macho touch for a no-nonsense character like optimus.

im not as anti-bayformers in terms of how they look as a lot of people, but i really don't like the faces they gave them with the thin metal lips. i think the designs improved a lot as the movies went on and they started to make them look a lot less fiddly, and optimus got his mouthplate back. i was a teen when the first transformers movie came out so i was willing to overlook a lot just to see my favourite childhood thing become a big deal again. i always liked dorito shaped starscream for some reason.

i guess the bay optimus not looking much like optimus is ok, cause it'd be more depressing to see the actual optimus doing summary executions on people

the overly detailed designs also dont translate terribly well into toys, and their faces always look like a mosaic of a witch

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

It's interesting to see how much the aesthetic has changed over the years, with a bunch of totally disparate artstyles being valid and recognizable as "Transformers". You could potentially see Cyberverse, Netflix, and Studio Bumblebees on the shelf at the same time, but they're all vastly different in how they're presented.
It would be interesting to see the fiction tackle this at some point - like maybe instead of Colony Transformers looking identical to Cybertron Tranformers, they could embrace the weird divergences and have a planet of Transformers that all have the insectoid Bayverse aesthetic, or a world populated entirely by robots with giant chins.

Hell, they could even go bonkers and have different versions of the same character show up - some versions of the backstory have them as mass produced by the Quintessons, so what's to say there couldn't be mass produced personalities to go along with them?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's a tiny subplot in Westworld about that. They escape to Feudal World and meet a group that are based on the same personalities as themselves.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Robot Style posted:

It's interesting to see how much the aesthetic has changed over the years, with a bunch of totally disparate artstyles being valid and recognizable as "Transformers". You could potentially see Cyberverse, Netflix, and Studio Bumblebees on the shelf at the same time, but they're all vastly different in how they're presented.
It would be interesting to see the fiction tackle this at some point - like maybe instead of Colony Transformers looking identical to Cybertron Tranformers, they could embrace the weird divergences and have a planet of Transformers that all have the insectoid Bayverse aesthetic, or a world populated entirely by robots with giant chins.

Hell, they could even go bonkers and have different versions of the same character show up - some versions of the backstory have them as mass produced by the Quintessons, so what's to say there couldn't be mass produced personalities to go along with them?

i know velocitron in the idw comics had a bunch of the prime characters, so you had the noseless cartoony robots mixing with the more classic transformers

it also meant there was a prime breakdown coexisting with the classic stunticon breakdown which was funny

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

i know velocitron in the idw comics had a bunch of the prime characters, so you had the noseless cartoony robots mixing with the more classic transformers

it also meant there was a prime breakdown coexisting with the classic stunticon breakdown which was funny

That makes more sense than the current approach where they're just mixed in.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There were two Tankors.

They were friends even!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
They shouldn't fat shame a Tankor though

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

That makes more sense than the current approach where they're just mixed in.

yea there should be some sort of reason for really disparate styles. they could be from different colonies like Robot Style (really appropriate username for this topic!) said, or maybe different chronological eras of cybertron. maybe the vehicon tankor is the cybertronian equivalent of a cro-magnon or something, but because they're immortal robots he's still kickin around.

there is a lot of fun stuff you can do with robotic lifeforms

Rhyno posted:

There were two Tankors.

They were friends even!

i loved tankor and tankor, i wish the 2005 IDW stuff had done more comics about the characters just living their lives instead of everything involving world ending peril or war all the time.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

i loved tankor and tankor, i wish the 2005 IDW stuff had done more comics about the characters just living their lives instead of everything involving world ending peril or war all the time.

That is kinda what MTMTE/Lost Light was, even with all the shenanigans the crew got up to.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I wish Til All Are One didn't end because I KNOW there was an interview about a Tankor Tankor issue or atleast background plot in an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Good Listener posted:

I wish Til All Are One didn't end because I KNOW there was an interview about a Tankor Tankor issue or atleast background plot in an issue.

They were going to introduce Micromaster Tankor. And they still could've used movie Tankor or Mini-Con Tankor.