Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Of course their idea of freshening up the stage setup is more loving giant screens.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

thunderdome2

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

At least my boy fuego is still getting booked

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pictured: Smackdown crowd at 8:45 PM

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Pylons posted:

Of course their idea of freshening up the stage setup is more loving giant screens.

That honestly seems like the regular amount of screens.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Pictured: Smackdown crowd at 8:45 PM

God damnit you beat me to it!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

FrozenPhoenix71 posted:

He technically was in the match. Sami(iirc) was (kayfave) found beaten to hell backstage and couldn't compete in the match, so HHH said someone would replace him. They never announced who and the match just started with the pre announced 7 who were in the match until Lesnar came out. It's dumb but they did at least set up Brock as being "in the match"

MITB '19 is, IMO, the worst distraction finish ever. EVER. Ali's up on the ladder, all alone, hands on the briefcase, Brock's music hits, and he....stops. Nothing more to explain about it. That's what happened. That's what they booked. Brock's "LOL now I'll show up" thing was weak, but that was the worst part about it by a mile.

re: SmackDown set

The top giant screens are just the regular scoreboard in that arena. NBA arena screens are huge now.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
These MITB matches with so many people are just horrible. Very little story telling. They just take turns doing big moves, roll out of the ring, let someone else have a turn. The finish always seems to happen out of nowhere as well, like it just happened to be the point where everyone was on the ground. Very little tension

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

death to ladder matches

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeah having a ladder, or worse, a bunch of ladders all over are the main reasons why wrestlers have to take turns laying around and doing 1 on 1 spots, for safety. they ought to get a brain!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Getting big "Wrestling Superstar Virgil" vibes from this

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

The best multi-man ladder match will always be the NXT NA title match at Takeover New Orleans

I love multi-man ladder matches when they're good, but that's the peak of the match type imo

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Venomous posted:

The best multi-man ladder match will always be the NXT NA title match at Takeover New Orleans

I love multi-man ladder matches when they're good, but that's the peak of the match type imo

It’s also very funny that 4/6 competitors in that match are now fired.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Dacap posted:

It’s also very funny that 4/6 competitors in that match are now fired.

all those tna people started working at nxt and now every match in wwe is a feast (catering) or fired (released to aew) match

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Slammiversary Spoiler

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

okada came out in his old tna zorro gimmick to challenge kenny after he beat samuel callihan, callihan auto parts

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

Slammiversary Spoiler

kenny gnomega

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

yea ok posted:

Slammiversary Spoiler

:wth:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
lol

https://twitter.com/GolazoDan/status/1416687616506871812

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Thanks, everyone being excited almost got me to try and watch it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm glad AEW didn't go into a how tall can we get our screens arms race with WWE and just did their own thing because these giant screen sets are looking worse and worse

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He needs this

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Orange Carlisle posted:

I'm glad AEW didn't go into a how tall can we get our screens arms race with WWE and just did their own thing because these giant screen sets are looking worse and worse

they dont even show anything on the screens during the live show

Chris James 2 posted:

He needs this

he has kids!

heath slater winning mitb

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Isn't John ironically one of the few guys who lost a MITB cash-in? (obviously because it doesn't hurt him whatsoever)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Isn't John ironically one of the few guys who lost a MITB cash-in? (obviously because it doesn't hurt him whatsoever)

he won his match by DQ so didn't win the title

Sandow and Corbin both lost their cash-ins and Braun's went to a no contest

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Per Fightful, Kazarian was at Slammiversary backstage and will be working matches during the Impact tapings

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Makes sense - he's got beef with the Elite. Maybe he and some up-and-comer challenge the Good Brothers.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If only Kaz had some sort of veteran friend who had history with TNA and a reason to hate the Elite. Can't think of anyone who fits that description though.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

sticklefifer posted:

If only Kaz had some sort of veteran friend who had history with TNA and a reason to hate the Elite. Can't think of anyone who fits that description though.

Nobody active, anyway.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

sticklefifer posted:

Cut to Kaz and Shark Boy beating the Good Brothers for the TNA Tag Belts on Dynamite somehow

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Drakkel posted:

Shark Boy

I think about this segment all the time. Bring him back. One more run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI37V4Cqesg

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
I got some Impact Wrestling spoilers for ya

Bey d. Rohit
Decay d. Fire & Flava to retain the tag titles
FinJuice d. Ace/Madman - Shera/Rohit beat up afterwards

Jay White promo with Kenny, GB, Don, Bey setting up main event
Gail/Mickie/Deonna promo - she joins Mickie's show

Cardona/Jake Something/Chelsea d. Beale/Myers/Dashwood when Taylor Wilde interfered
Maclin v. Trey double countout - Petey saves Trey from murder afterward
Swann/Mack d. Rhyno/Deaner
Grace/Ellering d. Fire & Flava - Savannah Evans debuts as Steele's new partner and destroys Hogan

Good Brothers d. BeyBlade, Magic Killer on Bey

--taping break--

FinJuice/Bah/Jose d. Ace/Madman/Shera/Rohit
Omega/Good Brothers and Sami/Frankie promo. Battle royal for Impact title shot at Emergence later
Josh Alexander d. Black Taurus, X Title match. 5 stars, not kidding

I think this is an intergender tag tournament for new titles!

Purrazzo/Drama King(!!!!) d. Hernandez/Alicia Edwards - the former Aiden English is introduced with a really killer entrance/promo. Painting his masterpiece with the Virtuosa, etc. Missed his new name, it was something like Steve Vansway or something a little weird.

Cardona/Green d. Big Mama Pump/Lil Petey Pump - Maclin destroys Petey postmatch.
Decay (Rosemary/Steve) d. Fallah Flava (Bah/Tasha)
Dreamer/Ellering d. Myers/Missy Hyatt. Yeah. That Missy Hyatt.

There was no mention to us of the brackets or anything. The ring announcer said "First Round Match" and there were many belt motions made by everyone.

Su Yung and Kimber Lee kidnapped Kiara Hogan while she was trying to call out Tasha Steele for breaking up their tag team

Sami/Frankie/Eddie d. Good Brothers + Omega. Kenny not pinned, obviously. W Morrissey attacks afterward which leads to a Parking Lot Brawl where we all gathered around. Not much happened in it, Eddie chased him off with kendo sticks.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
BeyBlade is the best name for a tag team possibly ever, says this otaku.

Also, the intergender thing is for the Impact+ special airing fairly soon, Homecoming.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Alexander vs Taurus is on paper at least a match I should watch

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Edward Mass posted:

Nobody active, anyway.

Well, there is a semi-retired wrestler who's HOT, who's SPICY, and who TASTES GOOD, though I hear he feels like his gimmick doesn't fit in modern times. Maybe with some tweaks though...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Bad Influence getting one over on the Elite in TNA would be pretty great

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
Chris Bey is in Bullet Club

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

BeyBlade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
*runs in, out of breath, hands on knees*

Beybl--

try the new taco place posted:

Good Brothers d. BeyBlade, Magic Killer on Bey

Edward Mass posted:

BeyBlade is the best name for a tag team possibly ever, says this otaku.

gently caress