Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MotU posted:

no theyre calling him Kingsuke Nakamura

Kingsukinge Nakingmura.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Wait, there's a PPV?

Dacap posted:

Joaquin Wilde? He’s a goon for Santos Escobar in NXT now

Does he still at least get to wear this ridiculous outfit?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I could have sworn the Viking raiders had been fired

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Vince looks like one of the puppets from Spitting Image now.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Vince showing up on Smackdown cosplaying as Dorian Gray (after accidentally catching a glimpse of his oil painting) was truly bone chilling stuff.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

oldpainless posted:

I could have sworn the Viking raiders had been fired

One broke his neck and the other had his wife fired so you're not way off

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Other than Styles/Omos winning the belts at Mania, I have no clue who has held those things for....two years now?

e: just looked, Dolph/Roode held these too at one point?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1416745709240389638?s=20

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lol

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

They can't wait to get back into the meat grinder

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Orange Carlisle posted:

They can't wait to get back into the meat grinder

Institutionalised.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lamuella posted:

Institutionalised.

All they wanted was a pepsi

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Holy loving poo poo there’s a ppv tonight , no jokes

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
lmao

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I don't follow WWE but I need to know - which is the bigger jobber show, Main Event or 205 Live?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
wwf nxt.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Beeswax posted:

I don't follow WWE but I need to know - which is the bigger jobber show, Main Event or 205 Live?

I’m sure you will find 205 is limited to 205 pounds while Main Event has no such limitation

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

a cyborg mug posted:

I’m sure you will find 205 is limited to 205 pounds while Main Event has no such limitation

I have heard rumours to the contrary

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Holy loving poo poo there’s a ppv tonight , no jokes

no joke but still funny

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Beeswax posted:

Raw

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
These are bad answers

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Beeswax posted:

These are bad answers

they are the correct answers.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Beeswax posted:

I have heard rumours to the contrary

You’re thinking of WWE main events where the limit is six feet

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

they took away 205 live's championship to be a midcard belt on the C show and now it's just a bunch of indie dudes with dumb new names fighting for nothing. main event at least has jeff hardy on it sometimes

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Beeswax posted:

These are bad answers

It's WWE, there are no good answers

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

John Dudebro posted:

they took away 205 live's championship to be a midcard belt on the C show and now it's just a bunch of indie dudes with dumb new names fighting for nothing. main event at least has jeff hardy on it sometimes

Happy that someone in here can answer a question rather than just post circlejerk garbage. Much obliged!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Have had a hard time following the thread lately, but sounds like WWE is still not entirely great.

Also King Nakamura is hilarious and further confirmation that WWE secretly operates on Crusader Kings rules.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

WWE, much like Team Taz, is fine.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Is anyone watching the theoretical PPV tonight? And If not, what will you be doing with your Sunday instead?

My partner and I are rewatching Buffy, and I'll be cleaning guinea pig cages.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Majinfoose posted:

Is anyone watching the theoretical PPV tonight? And If not, what will you be doing with your Sunday instead?

My partner and I are rewatching Buffy, and I'll be cleaning guinea pig cages.

I’m gonna do my laundry and play Skyrim in VR and read the thread on here later to see if anything bad enough happened to be funny

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

I’m gonna do my laundry and play Skyrim in VR and read the thread on here later to see if anything bad enough happened to be funny

Look at the weekly tv results for the last few months and you'll know what happens

At this point the weekly results people post should probably just go straight into the spoilers thread

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Are they really still making 205 Live? Didn't they cut like the entire roster a month ago?

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The Hulu deal is up soon and Main Event and 205 Live basically exist to fill up the number of hours per week that they license to Disney

Expect at least one to die when the deal is up

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Beeswax posted:

Happy that someone in here can answer a question rather than just post circlejerk garbage. Much obliged!

It was a serious answer, WWE makes everyone look like jobbers in the long run because brand over talent. Raw is as much of a jobber show as Main Event

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
WWE 205 Live Review for 7/16

I know they used to air 205 Live right after Smackdown with the same crowd, so I figured I'd tune in now that the screens were gone.

Intro: They've changed up the bumper at the beginning. It's no longer WWE Then Now Forever. Instead it's WWE Together. A nice sentiment, regardless of how true it is.

Main Show: Not in front of the Smackdown crowd? Turns out this isn't live but was instead filmed in front of the NXT audience. Maybe that's how they've been doing it for a while. I don't know. I didn't like the way the announcers sounded so I turned it off.

Overall there are worse ways to spend 60 seconds but I would not recommend.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

https://i.imgur.com/fLuq2Wj.mp4

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Beeswax posted:

I don't follow WWE

Beeswax posted:

Punching in every direction over answers about a promotion you don't even care to follow is completely normal

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Are they back to holding the ladder matches in a boring old ring instead of titan towers? There pribably won't even be a food fight seg...

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Beeswax posted:

These are bad answers

How do you know they're bad answers if you don't follow WWE :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Majinfoose posted:

Is anyone watching the theoretical PPV tonight?
Yeah I'm gonna go over to my "still subbed to the network, dude why, wtf" friend's house and we're gonna order nachos

Also he literally just bought a switch this week so we're gonna mario kart or golf something.

I'm pretty certain Impact's PPV will outmatch MITB; the women's matches definitely already did.