Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I think fully half of the probes on my rap sheet are from myself.

You still have not denied being Moby. You got mad and probed me for saying you are Moby, but you've never denied it, Moby. It's OK to be ashamed of yourself if you are Moby but we Goons will still love you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

doingitwrong posted:

That’s a loving Bunnicula

I got to ride one of those in Switzerland once

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

some plague rats posted:

The important thing is to have SOMETHING on there, if you don't have any probe longer than 1 day you are unprincipled, unrighteous and god will shun you at his gates

My first probe ever was 3 days because Jeffrey missed :thejoke:

I wear it as a badge of honor.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

I think fully half of the probes on my rap sheet are from myself.

Sounding trouble

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

And make it double

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
No mod would dare probe me

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

promising carl posted:

I am no mod.

*fruitlessly clicks where imaginary probe button might be*

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Do we have an IK in this thread?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Paladinus posted:

There are lots of us idiots in this thread yes. One of us will be king one day.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Desert Bus posted:

You still have not denied being Moby. You got mad and probed me for saying you are Moby, but you've never denied it, Moby. It's OK to be ashamed of yourself if you are Moby but we Goons will still love you.
Dirty basements, dirty noise, dirty places? Sounds like a goon all right.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

MarcusSA posted:

the sleeping idiot king under the mountain (of posts)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

MarcusSA posted:

Legend tell of a thread so infested with idiots that they eventually merged into a single amorphous being, achieving a new type of semi-sentience of its own -- the first idiot king.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Paladinus posted:

HelloIAmYourHeart just rained down sixers in here like two days ago. The thread had been quiet for a while and I woke up to see 90+ new posts and I was like “fuuuuuck” but it was just a cat derail and they were on it, it was great

Desert Bus posted:

I am entirely too overdue for a haircut to be Moby.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Desert Bus posted:

They probably misread you at first and thought you said "mooby" and there aren't a lot of goons who could deny that assertion.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

doingitwrong posted:

That’s a loving Bunnicula

I have been trying for 3 days now to get him to eat raspberries so I can get a pic of him all bloody faced, but he doesn't like them.

His girlfriend loves them, but her fur is dark so it won't show

RFC2324 has a new favorite as of 23:52 on Jul 17, 2021

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

RFC2324 posted:

I have been trying for 3 days now to get him to eat raspberries so I can get a pic of him all bloody faced, but he doesn't like them.

His girlfriend loves them, but her fur is dark so it won't show

Could you just give cocaine to the dark furred one so you have a Scarface scene instead?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I am entirely too overdue for a haircut to be Moby.

The perfect disguise for Moby

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Who is Benny the Snake? And why does their post in the Blue Story thread have people reacting like a long lost star just waltzed in?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722319&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=137#post450794273

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

doingitwrong posted:

Who is Benny the Snake? And why does their post in the Blue Story thread have people reacting like a long lost star just waltzed in?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722319&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=137#post450794273

The post answers your question. He had a lot of issues, E/N helped with issues.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

How fat was Ozma, really? How did "Ozma is fat" came about?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

doingitwrong posted:

he was also a long time thunderdome poster who was notable for never getting better, being a mildly creepy pain in the rear end in irc, and having a bunch of stories where his self-insert either pulled a switchblade, murdered his family, or both.

i wish the best for him, but def don't miss having him around.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

UnfurledSails posted:

i assume she was overweight and she was a woman on the internet in the mid 2000's

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

sebmojo posted:

he was also a long time thunderdome poster who was notable for never getting better, being a mildly creepy pain in the rear end in irc, and having a bunch of stories where his self-insert either pulled a switchblade, murdered his family, or both.

He actually popped up in the F Plus thread trying to stir up a Twitter mob and got laughed out pretty quick in… I want to say April?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

sebmojo posted:

To add to this: people got so fed up with the violent writings, one time Benny was imposed with a rule not to write anything violent or resulting in a random death in his story, so he went ahead and wrote one where the random death happened offpage ending with a dismembered corpse being discovered

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Paladinus posted:

The post answers your question. He had a lot of issues, E/N helped with issues.
His initial (year-and-a-half long) thread did not go so great so it was nice to see that *something* had turned around. Original thread is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3531379

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Benny the Snake once PMed me asking for help writing a version of It's A Wonderful Life about the forums, with Lowtax as George Bailey and gnarlyhotep as Clarence. I would say that it aged badly, but it wasn't a good idea even at the time!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

UnfurledSails posted:

Bad diet, not enough exercise

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Paladinus posted:

lol at appointing a single goon as the custodian of the sagas thread

no one nerd should have such power to shape history...

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Vim Fuego posted:

Bad diet, not enough exercise

Please work out

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Well, you know what they say: History is written by the whiners.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Ok, who's on the Idiot Council?

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

The Saddest Rhino posted:

To add to this: people got so fed up with the violent writings, one time Benny was imposed with a rule not to write anything violent or resulting in a random death in his story, so he went ahead and wrote one where the random death happened offpage ending with a dismembered corpse being discovered

Thats loving hilarious.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

RFC2324 posted:

Ok, who's on the Idiot Council?

Is there an Idiot Approval Process, and does that mostly involve citing Barenaked Ladies lyrics?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Is there an Idiot Approval Process, and does that mostly involve citing Barenaked Ladies lyrics?

Pretty sure the IAP meets over the the IOSM auditorium

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I’m guessing IK’s aren’t always chosen at random then? It seems to be more of a punishment than anything else

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

HOLY gently caress posted:

I’m guessing IK’s aren’t always chosen at random then? It seems to be more of a punishment than anything else

From what I understand iks are mostly chosen based on their potential for being mods.

All you iks need to be on alert, you could end up as mods at any time!

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

HOLY gently caress posted:

I have no confirmation on this, but I think Pastry may have chosen me because they bought some of the cheap custom masks I was making last year and liked them.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

promising carl posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nice. Thank you.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

RFC2324 posted:

From what I understand iks are mostly chosen based on their potential for being mods.

yeah there's usually a convenient register of them, maintained by most governments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Funny how just reading this puts Barenaked Ladies lyrics in my head.