Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bajoras Mask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Timespinner. Neat lil 5 hour metroidvania game.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Baxate posted:

Timespinner. Neat lil 5 hour metroidvania game.
I beat that and found it kinda easy so I tried the hard mode and it was insane. Still fun on Normal but weird balance

Great art!

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Link to the Past

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

• Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Oxenfree
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Night in the Woods
  • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2
  • Yakuza 3 Remastered
  • Binary Domain
  • Yakuza 4 Remastered
  • Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster
  • Mario Golf: Super Rush
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Guacamelee! 2

2/5. It's an okay game at best, what kills it is the writing which is weird to say about this kind of game. You can't skip any dialogue or cutscenes and there are A LOT of them. I don't remember the first game being that bad. There were memes in the background but that was it. This game revels in them. You are forced to read painful lovely try hard conversations with marvel/whedon tier puns. It's just loving trash. I also just realized it came out like 6 years after the first game. Like why. The time had passed, and this really feels like a game from 2012 in every bad way imaginable.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dragon Quest V. Probably my second favorite in the series after 11. Just an incredibly comfy and wholesome game

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Blink to the Past.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (100%). Insanely good game even though a couple dungeons got on my nerves. The dual worlds gimmick could be really neat when they played with it and it was fun hunting down all the secrets and heart pieces. Between this and the release of Skyward Sword HD a couple days ago I’m getting extremely hype for Zelda and think I might dive back in to all my Zelda games on 3DS and Switch, maybe figure out a GameCube emulator and finally play Twilight Princess and replay Wind Waker, have a whole big Zelda project. Maybe… make a whole year out of it…

Punished Chuck fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jul 18, 2021

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

If you haven't played it yet, you're the dream candidate for playing Link Between Worlds right after LttP, one in a billion

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Is Skyward Sword any good?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Simply Simon posted:

If you haven't played it yet, you're the dream candidate for playing Link Between Worlds right after LttP, one in a billion

That’s the plan!

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

That’s the plan!
Awesome. I loved LbW and so did my wife who had no prior Zelda experience. True gem imo. Enjoy!

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (100%). Insanely good game even though a couple dungeons got on my nerves. The dual worlds gimmick could be really neat when they played with it and it was fun hunting down all the secrets and heart pieces. Between this the release of Skyward Sword HD a couple days ago I’m getting extremely hype for Zelda and think I might dive back in to all my Zelda games on 3DS and Switch, maybe figure out a GameCube emulator and finally play Twilight Princess and replay Wind Waker, have a whole big Zelda project. Maybe… make a whole year out of it…

Twilight Princess runs great on Dolphin without any configuration. Hope you enjoy it! It's one of my favorite Zelda games

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights - 100% Completion, All Endings

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

Is Skyward Sword any good?

I liked it apart from the forced Wii motion controls. looking forward to playing it on my switch using Controller Buttons

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (100%). Insanely good game even though a couple dungeons got on my nerves. The dual worlds gimmick could be really neat when they played with it and it was fun hunting down all the secrets and heart pieces. Between this and the release of Skyward Sword HD a couple days ago I’m getting extremely hype for Zelda and think I might dive back in to all my Zelda games on 3DS and Switch, maybe figure out a GameCube emulator and finally play Twilight Princess and replay Wind Waker, have a whole big Zelda project. Maybe… make a whole year out of it…

it is sort of feeling like a Zelda Year, now that you mention it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

24. Undertale (Neutral Ending).

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Friend randomly wanted to play Halo 3 co-op, so that just became my day.

1. Resident Evil 3 Remake
2. Super Mario 3D World/Bowser's Fury
3. Deus Ex
4. Persona 5 Strikers
5. Nier Replicant
6. Resident Evil: Village
7. Mass Effect 1: Legendary Edition - Paragon, romanced Liara, Sentinel
8. Mass Effect 2: Legendary Edition - Paragon, didn't cheat on Liara, Infiltrator, all DLC done
9. Mass Effect 3: Legendary Edition - Paragon, synthesis, stayed with Liara, all DLC done
10. Episode of Yuffie
11. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
12. Halo 3 Co-Op (replay)

I really need to get back to Yakuza 4. I haven't played in a while, and I've just been distracted by watching movies in my free time near constantly.

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Finally finished Y0 last night. 10/10 game. Didn't 100% but I did get both secret fighting styles. SOoo hyped to start K1 this evening >:) I hope it is just as swagged out as Y0!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

SaGa frontier - lute scenario. man that motherfucker's short, that was like 8 hours and i way overprepped for the last boss

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

25. Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne (PS2 ver., True Demon Ending). figured I was going to absolutely love this game and it exceeded my own wildly inflated expectations. it loving kicks rear end from minute one until the end. almost tempted to start again on Hard and try a different team but ill do that some other day in the future when the remaster goes on sale for 5 bucks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

24b. Undertale (True Pacifist Ending). Quite epic.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

mycophobia posted:

[gets up from other computer to wobble the mouse on work computer so the Teams light stays green] UGH

i said in a team meeting that you can be working but the light will go yellow if the teams window doesn't have focus and everyone believed me.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm glad my job just lets me work in peace when Im at home as long as I get Results so I don'T have to farking pretend i'm working all day. Does annoy me when my wife is wfh and starts work at 7:30am sharp and then works her rear end of for 12 hours straight while I spend massive chunks of the day gaming.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Your wife sounds like a noob tbh

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My wife has played a videogame twice in the five years ive known her. Once when I left her playing FFXV while I went to the store. I came back and she was doing the same thing she was when I left: running a chocobo around in circles while laughing maniacally. The other time she made a house on my Animal crossing island then shook every tree in town before passing out from exhaustion. Noob to the core.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

inviting knucs epic wife to a board game night with major isoor and just sitting back with a smile knowing its going to be a good night

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

My wife has played a videogame twice in the five years ive known her. Once when I left her playing FFXV while I went to the store. I came back and she was doing the same thing she was when I left: running a chocobo around in circles while laughing maniacally. The other time she made a house on my Animal crossing island then shook every tree in town before passing out from exhaustion. Noob to the core.

Lol Chocobos ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

26. Picross S2 (all regular and clip puzzles). Productive gamer day.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The other time she made a house on my Animal crossing island then shook every tree in town before passing out from exhaustion. Noob to the core.

sounds like a shiggy move tbh.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

inviting knucs epic wife to a board game night with major isoor and just sitting back with a smile knowing its going to be a good night

MAjot Isoor's and my wives doing the "babe on I'm Horny!!" faces while he and I discuss the finer points of paradox map game strategy and we have big blonde beards like the meme guy too.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

MAjot Isoor's and my wives doing the "babe on I'm Horny!!" faces while he and I discuss the finer points of paradox map game strategy and we have big blonde beards like the meme guy too.

any pussy that isnt a veritable floodgate by the end of that conversation can clearly never be warmed up at all

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

In Training posted:

:cheers: 10. Picross S2, full clear.

All I have left of the S games is the latest and the save data puzzles in 3 + 4. Then I can move on to the Picross 3D games

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

25. Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne (PS2 ver., True Demon Ending). figured I was going to absolutely love this game and it exceeded my own wildly inflated expectations. it loving kicks rear end from minute one until the end. almost tempted to start again on Hard and try a different team but ill do that some other day in the future when the remaster goes on sale for 5 bucks.

Do it again now with the hardtype mod op

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

In Training posted:

try out the Mega puzzles. i know they’re confusing but once you get it they’re worth it… non-mega picross is too simple for me n.ow

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
The Legend of Zelda - 1st quest swordless

Less hard than expected, but very tedious early on due to the inability to sequence break - you need the raft in level 3 to get the ladder in level 4 to get the bomb upgrade in level 5 to get the wand in level 6, which means you have to bomb entirely too many darknuts and wizrobes to death with short supplies. Pretty smooth sailing after that though, death mountain was easy with only 5 forced fights.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

b_d posted:

try out the Mega puzzles. i know they’re confusing but once you get it they’re worth it… non-mega picross is too simple for me n.ow

have to agree with this. I think the ones that are the least worth it to me are the extras because 30x30 is really big and it's hard to read. still fun though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lmfao FTW.