Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

King @snickers Nakamura

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

There's a wrestling review guy I follow who legitimately reviews Main Event. Gets annoyed at the recap parts of it and everything.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Is Money in the Dipshit live in an arena tonight?

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Orange Carlisle posted:

Punching in every direction over answers about a promotion you don't even care to follow is completely normal

Just happy to get a single response from someone not obtuse enough to go "Actually WWE bad so RAW is the lowest status brand :smug:"

Beeswax fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 18, 2021

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Beeswax posted:

I don't follow WWE but I need to know - which is the bigger jobber show, Main Event or 205 Live?

Every single wrestler who was on 205 Live January-April 2021, not counting when they shunted NXT Dusty Rhodes Classic bracket matches onto the show for a couple of weeks. Release talents struck through:

Ariya Daivari, Ashante the Adonis, August Grey, Chase Parker, Curt Stallion, Jake Atlas, Mansoor, Matt Martel, Samir Singh, Sunil Singh, Tony Nese.

They started introducing new talent in May, so the current 205 Live talent roster is expanded to

Aro Sterling, Ikemen Jiro, Asher Hale, Grayson Waller, and Guru Raj. The past three weeks of the show have again been taken over for an NXT tournament, featuring Jiro, Andre Chase, Joe Gacy, Desmond Troy, Josh Briggs, and Odyssey Jones.

Last week went back to Rajj, Hale, Sterling, and Waller.

Ashante the Adonis, Mansoor, and Jake Atlas appear to have escaped from the void of 205, though they are deeply outnumbered by people who just got released.

In contrast, these people have wrestled on Main Event in 2021: Akira Tozawa, Angel Garza, Bronson Reed, Cedric Alexander, Dana Brooke, Drew Gulak, Elias, Gran Metalik, Humberto Carillo, Jaxson Ryker, Jeff Hardy, Jinder Mahal, Karrion Kross, Lince Dorado, MACE, Mandy Rose, Mansoor, Mustafa Ali, Naomi, Nikki Cross, Peyton Royce, Ricochet, Shelton Benjamin, SLAPJACK, T-BAR, Veer

It's still a lot of jobbers but there's some level of interaction between Main Event and Raw, so it's really up to the individual decide which is a bigger jobber show: the one where former world champions have meaningless mostly unacknowledged matches that last 4-6 minutes when Creative Has Nothing For Them on Raw, or a show with a bunch of people who signed their Dream WWE Contracts, were given new names, and told to wrestle each other for eternity on a show most people don't even know exists and with very little chance of ever getting on actual television.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Edge & Christian posted:

Every single wrestler who was on 205 Live January-April 2021, not counting when they shunted NXT Dusty Rhodes Classic bracket matches onto the show for a couple of weeks. Release talents struck through:

Ariya Daivari, Ashante the Adonis, August Grey, Chase Parker, Curt Stallion, Jake Atlas, Mansoor, Matt Martel, Samir Singh, Sunil Singh, Tony Nese.

They started introducing new talent in May, so the current 205 Live talent roster is expanded to

Aro Sterling, Ikemen Jiro, Asher Hale, Grayson Waller, and Guru Raj. The past three weeks of the show have again been taken over for an NXT tournament, featuring Jiro, Andre Chase, Joe Gacy, Desmond Troy, Josh Briggs, and Odyssey Jones.

Last week went back to Rajj, Hale, Sterling, and Waller.

Ashante the Adonis, Mansoor, and Jake Atlas appear to have escaped from the void of 205, though they are deeply outnumbered by people who just got released.

In contrast, these people have wrestled on Main Event in 2021: Akira Tozawa, Angel Garza, Bronson Reed, Cedric Alexander, Dana Brooke, Drew Gulak, Elias, Gran Metalik, Humberto Carillo, Jaxson Ryker, Jeff Hardy, Jinder Mahal, Karrion Kross, Lince Dorado, MACE, Mandy Rose, Mansoor, Mustafa Ali, Naomi, Nikki Cross, Peyton Royce, Ricochet, Shelton Benjamin, SLAPJACK, T-BAR, Veer

It's still a lot of jobbers but there's some level of interaction between Main Event and Raw, so it's really up to the individual decide which is a bigger jobber show: the one where former world champions have meaningless mostly unacknowledged matches that last 4-6 minutes when Creative Has Nothing For Them on Raw, or a show with a bunch of people who signed their Dream WWE Contracts, were given new names, and told to wrestle each other for eternity on a show most people don't even know exists and with very little chance of ever getting on actual television.

Thanks so much for the thorough reply!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I hope that information that you'll probably never use because you don't follow WWE at all was worth it

Sorry for being obtuse

bartok
May 10, 2006

Majinfoose posted:

Is anyone watching the theoretical PPV tonight? And If not, what will you be doing with your Sunday instead?

My partner and I are rewatching Buffy, and I'll be cleaning guinea pig cages.

I've been on an Italian horror movie kick lately so going to search Tubi and Shudder for some hidden gems.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Orange Carlisle posted:

I hope that information that you'll probably never use because you don't follow WWE at all was worth it

Sorry for being obtuse

Maybe it's "research" for some clickbait article on the "wrestling" section of a pop culture website, where topics like "which show is the biggest jobber show" are still hotly debated in the comments section

I have absolutely no proof of any of that, but it sure comes across like it

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I just check F4W/WO every now and then and was wondering what these apparently super low-status shows were, but I appreciate the elaborate theory

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Edge & Christian posted:

You definitely made some of these up

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Is Money in the Dipshit live in an arena tonight?

live from Dickies Arena in Ft. Worth, Tx

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I know Joe Gacy. he was one of the opponents in the viral Osirian Portal video from a few years ago. that's the kind of name recognition wwe lets you keep your name for.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Odyssey Jones over here

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Beeswax posted:

I just check F4W/WO every now and then and was wondering what these apparently super low-status shows were, but I appreciate the elaborate theory

Oh, so it's for debate/discussion on another forum? I wasn't too far off then :v:

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Oh, so it's for debate/discussion on another forum? I wasn't too far off then :v:

What

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
people are trying to come up with reasons beyond curiosity for your question (because everyone in the wwf is a loser, it's a company of losers), and is convinced there is some audience beyond yourself.

I don't get it, personally.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Rarity posted:

You definitely made some of these up
I am only going off match results, here are some FKAs

Ari Sterling: the former Alex Zane
Ikemen Jiro: Jiro Kuroshio
Asher Hale: Anthony Henry
Grayson Waller: Matty Wahlberg
Guru Raaj: one of their NXT India signees
Andre Chase: Harlem Bravado
Joe Gacy: Joe Gacy
Desmond Troy: Denzel Dejournette
Josh Briggs: Josh Briggs
Odyssey Jones: Omari Palmer

Even with the FKAs I could pick maybe half of these dudes out of a lineup of indie wrestlers.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

It was me thread, I was the audience all along

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jiro Dreams of Push.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Jiro Dreams of Push.

lol

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Edge & Christian posted:

Even with the FKAs I could pick maybe half of these dudes out of a lineup of indie wrestlers.

Harlem Bravado is such a great wrestler name

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

JUNGLE BOY posted:

It was me thread, I was the audience all along

Awww son of a

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Majinfoose posted:

Is anyone watching the theoretical PPV tonight? And If not, what will you be doing with your Sunday instead?

I'm going to watch some wrestling from my backlog. Probably the 27/6 Ice Ribbon show & then if I'm not too tired I'll squeeze in an All Japan show from last month as well.

Ice Ribbon show is one I've been hype to watch since I saw the card a month ago, because Risa Sera vs
Rina Yamashita was the match that got me watching Ice Ribbon last summer and it was bonkers.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Jiro Dreams of Push.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I forgot my brother got me a ticket to go see this live with his son and himself. It will be fun to see his son's reactions to stuff, his favorite wrestlers are Ricochet and AJ Styles. The last time I went to a live show with them, the main event was AJ vs Ricochet that ended with AJ blasting Ricochet in the balls and turning heel. I hope tonight goes better for him.

Then AEW live on Wednesday! :yotj:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Edge & Christian posted:

Alex Zayne/Ari Sterling was a fixture of GCW. Ikemen Jiro was his name in Japan too when he wrestled in AJPW. Grayson/Matty seems to be an indie wrestler from Australia

Odyessy Jones and Desmond Troy are recruits from non wrestling backgrounds.

Anthony Henry, Joe Gacy, Harlem Bravado, Josh Briggs are all Evolve related signing. Gacy did CZW, Briggs did Beyond, Harlem has been around ROH and other indies forever.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Jiro Dreams of Push.

damit

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
My 4 months of Peacock for $1.25/mo ends tomorrow. Perfect timing to see if live crowds make it worth keeping the subscription or not.

DLC Inc posted:

how the gently caress does AEW/Impact have smaller women's divisions and have less rematches

AEW will bring in local talent for enhancement matches, instead of 50/50 booking rematches week after week.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

Punching in every direction over answers about a promotion you don't even care to follow is completely normal

95% of their posts in the wrestler social media thread is making fun of forumers for having opinions on wrestler social media posts, I am very unsurprised at the antagonism tbh

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

karmicknight posted:

people are trying to come up with reasons beyond curiosity for your question (because everyone in the wwf is a loser, it's a company of losers), and is convinced there is some audience beyond yourself.

I don't get it, personally.

Makes sense to me. A disproportionately angry response over only a couple people taking a silly and highly subjective question seriously gave some people the vibe of an ulterior motive for asking. Like, there's no correct serious answer to "what is the most jobber show".

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

Makes sense to me. A disproportionately angry response over only a couple people taking a silly and highly subjective question seriously gave some people the vibe of an ulterior motive for asking. Like, there's no correct serious answer to "what is the most jobber show".

The thing is, WWE's booking is so lovely in its insistence on 50 yd line style approach for feuds that next to nobody looks good. So saying RAW is a jobber-y show isn't really that absurd!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Feel free to stop posting about them now, thank you very much.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

removed post about the guy cya

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
coward

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

above poster works for the police as a poo poo-stirrer and informant

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Majinfoose posted:

Pretty sure there’s a new Legends of Tomorrow so that followed by catching up on Loki probably

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Pretty sure there’s a new Legends of Tomorrow so that followed by catching up on Loki probably

Loki finale rules, have fun :3:

I'm going to be working until morning, then coming home and either napping or watching Legends then napping after

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Maxwell Lord posted:

Hell yeah. Loki was dope. Going to Alamo Drafthouse for the first time since the pandemic to see Black Widow tomorrow.

bartok posted:

I've been on an Italian horror movie kick lately so going to search Tubi and Shudder for some hidden gems.

Any recommendations? I'm only really familiar with Argento's films.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Majinfoose posted:

Hell yeah. Loki was dope. Going to Alamo Drafthouse for the first time since the pandemic to see Black Widow tomorrow.

Any recommendations? I'm only really familiar with Argento's films.

I enjoyed Black Widow, have fun! Florence Pugh's amazing

Some Italian horror I love on Shudder:
Knife+Heart
Short Night of Glass Dolls
The Red Queen Kills Seven Times
Torso
Your Vice is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key

Don't Torture a Duckling is also incredible and available to stream free (with ads) on Vudu; Hatchet for the Honeymoon is also very good and you can stream that free (without ads) on Kanopy if you have a library card or college ID