Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Hel posted:

Looking it up at least the Irish law doesn't apply if you buy it as a business rather than a
Private consumer.

Yeah EU consumer protection (which is extremely generous for anything ordered online) does not apply for businesses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Supersonic Shine posted:

Civvie plays Cruelty Squad, a game made up entirely of photosensitive epilepsy hazards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ4NLbIxzQ4

So what the gently caress is Cruelty Squad?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

BigRed0427 posted:

It's its own thing in a lot of ways, but surface level you can basically sum it up with calling it Hitman meets Deus Ex, filtered through anticapitalist shitposting.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

immersive capitalism simulator

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
A descent into the inhumanity born from CEO brain

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Supersonic Shine posted:

Civvie plays Cruelty Squad, a game made up entirely of photosensitive epilepsy hazards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ4NLbIxzQ4

Bounced off hard on this one. I like my weird shitposting video games as much as anyone, but this one just didn't work for me.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It's its own thing in a lot of ways, but surface level you can basically sum it up with calling it Hitman meets Deus Ex, filtered through anticapitalist shitposting.

Seems like it could also be legitimately described as TekWar + :catdrugs:.

Also brings to mind Vangers to a degree, just in terms of weirdo style.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

John Murdoch posted:

Seems like it could also be legitimately described as TekWar + :catdrugs:.

Also brings to mind Vangers to a degree, just in terms of weirdo style.

To be fair Tekwar plus drugs is the Tekwar matrix sections.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Nuns with Guns posted:

I don't know about EU law, but it looks like the issue is he bought a "business computer." Aka: your highly disposable office PCs. That's why it didn't come with a wifi card, and also likely why it had plain hard disk drives. They're mass trash Dell sells to businesses who don't give a poo poo. He said Dell support advised he only had a 2-week warranty because of it, so maybe there's a loophole in EU laws related to that?

He actually bought a high end workstation machine, the kind of PC that in a business environment it's made for would never touch a wifi network and would be specced out for the task it needs to perform by people who know what specs it needs for that task.

I don't want to blame a victim (and he is definitely a victim of terrible customer support), but the video is a good example of what happens when someone who has no idea what they're doing does no research before spending a lot of money.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Cruelty Squad owns and I'm glad Civvie finally did a video on it

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
i think playing cruelty squad would give me a headache but the aesthetics of it are incredible. i wish we had more games that went full hog wild on making things radically ugly

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

this might be the best "You died" message in gaming history

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

that's not just death it's a semi-permanent debuff you have to go out of your way to cleanse that alters difficulty post-revival. you have to regain divine light to get to some higher difficulty content.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
So sortof like an inverse Humanity from Dark Souls thing eh?
Well it was interesting to look at either way..

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

either way its awesome. you didn't just die, you've been cut off from god motherfucker

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

fun hater posted:

i think playing cruelty squad would give me a headache but the aesthetics of it are incredible. i wish we had more games that went full hog wild on making things radically ugly

I agree, except I did play it and it did give me a horrible headache. Glad it exists, though.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Also while Civvie only showed off like his favorites mostly, there's a lotta weapons in Cruelty Squad and drat the weird G11 in it rules, thermal scope burst rifle that just saws through people is one of my standbys.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
This is one of the few times I've bounced off a cool, niche game that people liked. It's just too ugly and hard to navigate, I ain't got it in me to plow through that.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I would also have an existential breakdown if I bought a Dell PC.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Grouchio posted:

I think the producers of the Well Theres Your Problem podcast hate life in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkRhKNipOS0

I have never listened to one of their podcasts before, but the two minutes I listened to this for, all I did was start shouting, "SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP." What is it with extremely online leftists being so unbelievably insufferable?

There's plenty of them that put out great work, but I would loving loathe being in their company for more than a minute because they come off as utterly unbearable on their social media.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
While the premise of that show sounds like it would be right up my alley the execution puts me off. The facts are interesting and I would love to listen to them but they're constantly interrupted with bad non-insightful jokes which lead me to just get annoyed at the co-hosts.

It's too bad the Donoteat channel basically stopped uploading because all of his focus ended up on this podcast. I guess it's easier to produce for him and more fun because it's just him talking with his friends for an hour or two.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Star Man posted:

extremely online

insufferable?
:iiam:

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Star Man posted:

I have never listened to one of their podcasts before, but the two minutes I listened to this for, all I did was start shouting, "SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP." What is it with extremely online leftists being so unbelievably insufferable?

There's plenty of them that put out great work, but I would loving loathe being in their company for more than a minute because they come off as utterly unbearable on their social media.

As long as you post some minorly funny dunks on Twitter apparently you can get away with being a huge piece of poo poo and manage to find your way onto every single podcast on this entire wretched Plague Island.

Seriously, beyond being a massive piece of poo poo it's truly obnoxious how ubiquitous Alice is on the UK podcasting scene. Can't loving escape her and her "I wanna be a cop so I can be a sadist piece of poo poo when society collapses" mindset.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Alice is fine and her willingness to own her own lovely posts puts her at a significantly more elevated moral position than most of the people who have spent the last year harassing her, and indeed most of the people in this thread

SteelMentor posted:

Can't loving escape her and her "I wanna be a cop so I can be a sadist piece of poo poo when society collapses" mindset.

For example: the thing SM is talking about here is a bit where Alice had a severe depressive episode and went off her meds for an extended period, and part of that self destructive cycle involved posting some extremely blackpilled poo poo on Twitter about how they wanted to do something, literally anything, to try and make the world better, all of which she’s repeatedly apologized for since going back on her medication. Actually acknowledging that doesn’t play well when trying to stir up drama though so it conveniently gets dropped from the story whenever it gets told

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Simp harder for the cop fetishist.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I don't know about any of this cop poo poo but the harassment campaign about that woman who needed to evict her rapist wasn't, to my knowledge, apologized for in the slightest.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Nor was it the first or last time that she's picked out other Transwomen for harassment. It happens like every other month.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Alice is fine and her willingness to own her own lovely posts puts her at a significantly more elevated moral position than most of the people who have spent the last year harassing her, and indeed most of the people in this thread

Pretty sure she didn't own ever telling someone to kill herself for daring to say a band she liked isn't punk. (The bit mentioned up thread started with that).

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Apparrently making bad posts on twitter makes you such a terrible person that everyone must disown you. Like that's it, afaik Alice has never done anything terrible IRL. It's all just bad posts. And she's fine on the podcasts she's on, if you like that style of humor.

That level of anger is usually reserved for people like Jontron, an actual white supremacist.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Bad posts, harassment campaigns of extremely vulnerable people. Same thing really.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

SteelMentor posted:

Bad posts, harassment campaigns of extremely vulnerable people. Same thing really.

Yeah the harassment campaign that totally happened.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

MonsieurChoc posted:

Yeah the harassment campaign that totally happened.

Oh gently caress off.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

MonsieurChoc posted:

Apparrently making bad posts on twitter makes you such a terrible person that everyone must disown you. Like that's it, afaik Alice has never done anything terrible IRL. It's all just bad posts. And she's fine on the podcasts she's on, if you like that style of humor.

That level of anger is usually reserved for people like Jontron, an actual white supremacist.
My only exposure to Jontron's white supremacy has been twitter and youtube. What has he done IRL?

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

aka AliceAvizandum

https://twitter.com/AnimeSerbia/status/1415351288460677124

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Donoteat used to make amazing videos but Well There's Your Problem is downright terrible. DNE's co-hosts add nothing but dull banter that takes away from the actual subject of the podcast and they have the lamest sense of humour imaginable.

I want Franklin back. :(

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

be careful what you wish for, the last franklin episode was a terrible, rambling mess and it was p clear donoteat had no interest in doing the episode

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

JordanKai posted:

Donoteat used to make amazing videos but Well There's Your Problem is downright terrible. DNE's co-hosts add nothing but dull banter that takes away from the actual subject of the podcast and they have the lamest sense of humour imaginable.

I want Franklin back. :(
WTYP has strong bad chapo guest energy a lot of the time.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Where are the next wave of up and coming online personalities?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Vagabong posted:

Where are the next wave of up and coming online personalities?

TikTok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Look even if you for some reason don't believe she's harassed the people you can literally go and read her harassing on twitter we know two concrete facts and that Alice is both British and an Adult Convert to a religion so we can safely say she's incredibly annoying.