Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
they're exactly what u think: cheetos w/ jalapeno powder. they arent that hot, but they're tasty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
I think the flaming hot cheetos I got were like a watered down NZ version or something cos they didn't seem all that spicy

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

bobbilljim posted:

I think the flaming hot cheetos I got were like a watered down NZ version or something cos they didn't seem all that spicy
Maybe echhi just has a delicate digestion

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I don’t want to start some tough guy eat spicy thing but I do eat a lot of hot chili food and quite often too

bobbilljim posted:

i’d love to know if they were the same or not because honestly the first time I had some I couldn’t get thru more than 1/3 of a bag before I was ruined

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Oh I'm not trying to start any tough guy anything, doofus. I mean I have a delicate digestion and they tear me up

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
Man, jalapeño powder on snacks is godly though.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i recommend getting some chipotle powder. great cooking ingredient and it tastes good as a snack powder too (like jalapeños but also smoky obv). if you have a decent grinder or processor you can probably just grind some nice chipotles in it.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i love jalapeno flavored things, but the peppers themselves are usually too spicy for me.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

mediaphage posted:

i recommend getting some chipotle powder. great cooking ingredient and it tastes good as a snack powder too (like jalapeños but also smoky obv). if you have a decent grinder or processor you can probably just grind some nice chipotles in it.

Honestly I tried buying a container of chipotle powder years ago, and it's just sat, largely unused, in my spice cabinet. I think the smokiness is just kinda overwhelming whenever I use it.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

echinopsis posted:

I don’t want to start some tough guy eat spicy thing but I do eat a lot of hot chili food and quite often too

i’d love to know if they were the same or not because honestly the first time I had some I couldn’t get thru more than 1/3 of a bag before I was ruined

yeah weird. i like spicy stuff but im not like super tough about it. got them from pak n save iirc

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

shoeberto posted:

Honestly I tried buying a container of chipotle powder years ago, and it's just sat, largely unused, in my spice cabinet. I think the smokiness is just kinda overwhelming whenever I use it.

really!

i add it to all sorts of stuff. anything that might otherwise get smoked pap or liquid smoke (e.g., rubs and sauces and things where i don’t have the time to actually smoke some meat), or stuff like chili, maybe meatloaf or spiced nuts etc.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Shaggar posted:

they're exactly what u think: cheetos w/ jalapeno powder. they arent that hot, but they're tasty

I had a cat that would come running into the kitchen every time I opened a bag of these things. went totally bonkers for them.

I'd give him a tiny piece to shut him up cuz these things aren't good for me, let alone you, cat.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

President Beep posted:

i love jalapeno flavored things, but the peppers themselves are usually too spicy for me.

boy howdy, allow me to recommend mezzetta tamed to you

https://www.mezzetta.com/product/10106129.html

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

graph posted:

boy howdy, allow me to recommend mezzetta tamed to you

https://www.mezzetta.com/product/10106129.html

ooh… oooh!!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

drat, that’s right up my alley.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

President Beep posted:

drat, that’s right up my alley.

theyre so good

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Love me some pickled Jalapenos.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Pickled jalapeños are top tier. I don't really like normal pickles on much of anything, but sub them with jalapeños? It's gonna be 10/10 every time.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8DHsercsOM

lol babish is getting pretty shitpostey

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

hey man i'm having lots of fun with your ginger beer recipe from gws

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Stringent posted:

hey man i'm having lots of fun with your ginger beer recipe from gws

that’s awesome

it’s so dumb and simple and customizable

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

yeah, that looks like fun. can i get a post link ?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

loving love good ginger beer

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

President Beep posted:

yeah, that looks like fun. can i get a post link ?

President Beep posted:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

same. it's also a powerful reagent for mixed drinks/cocktails. it's usually sweet enough that i wouldn't normally drink it without booze but– a good one is so strong (with a natural ginger burn) that you can self-psyop your way into believing it's boozy. not many other beverages can say this

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol, that’s spot on, kenny.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i’m a dumb childe so I pretty much guzzle everything i drink. not a formidable ginger beer tho…

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

i’m a dumb childe so I pretty much guzzle everything i drink. not a formidable ginger beer tho…
also (good) ginger beer is so strong yer fuggin' kids don't drink it all on you!! important dad talisman to have in the fridge

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I found the recipe beep, i'm willing to sell it to you for 1 trillion dollars.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

People who aren't beep can look at it here

mediaphage posted:

(Not op, but) So if by ginger beer you mean the mostly non-alcoholic kind, I always used to make one before I built the carbonation rig.

2L bottle, ginger, yeast, sugar, lemon.

Grate a thumb-sized knob of ginger (peeled, since it’s going in a drink). You can squeeze or strain the juice out, but I always just added it, solids and all, to a clean 2-litre bottle. Add a cup of sugar as a sort of first batch starting point (it makes it pretty sweet), and a little bit of standard yeast (even a half teaspoon should do ‘er). Juice a lemon and add half or all of it. Fill the bottle with water up to the neck, cap it, and shake until the sugar is completely dissolved.

Place it in a warm-ish spot in your kitchen and check it daily by squeezing the bottle. When it feels tight like a standard carbonated soda pop, put it in the fridge until it’s cold, then enjoy.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
dammit, i didn't peel the ginger. will see how it comes out...

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

People who aren't beep can look at it here

foiled again!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

every time I try to make ginger beer at home it comes out extremely sulfury and idk why. i made a big batch of ginger mead and it turned out great but the easier process eludes me.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

that sounds good. definitely gonna buy a bottle of soda this weekend and then make ginger beer

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

you can also add basically whatever to flavour it. spices, syrups, etc.

Stringent posted:

dammit, i didn't peel the ginger. will see how it comes out...

doesn’t matter i just find it less fun to eat if you aren’t cooking it

PokeJoe posted:

every time I try to make ginger beer at home it comes out extremely sulfury and idk why. i made a big batch of ginger mead and it turned out great but the easier process eludes me.

could be unhappy yeast. you might make a starter or get some yeast with nutrients (or just add some to what you have). you might also try brewing it with pure dextrose though i don’t see that fixing this specific issue.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i might try a beer or champagne yeast w some yeast nutrient added this time

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I made some falafel yesterday.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I hope it wasn't fal-awful

Ellie Crabcakes