Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Me, joining in on an internet personality discussion dunking on an internet personality I don't like: Haha gently caress yeah!!! Yes!!

Me, reading the internet personality thread dunk on an internet personality I do like: Well this loving sucks. What the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

extremely funny to me that the worst posters in this thread also go to bat for loving aliceavizandum

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

MonsieurChoc posted:

Apparrently making bad posts on twitter makes you such a terrible person that everyone must disown you. Like that's it, afaik Alice has never done anything terrible IRL. It's all just bad posts. And she's fine on the podcasts she's on, if you like that style of humor.

That level of anger is usually reserved for people like Jontron, an actual white supremacist.

I mean by that standard Jontron, Moviebob, the Coffin person and all the other thread laughingstocks etc. also hasn't done anything but make bad posts. Words aren't real.

edit: I don't think Moviebob has even ever actively tried to harass someone unlike the Alice person!

mycot fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jul 19, 2021

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
This thread keeps working voertime to stay one of the worst threads in the forums I see.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

MonsieurChoc posted:

This thread keeps working voertime to stay one of the worst threads in the forums I see.

So did she ever apologize for spending a day tweeting about that woman being an evil landlord cause she kicked a guy out of her house because he raped her or what?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

MonsieurChoc posted:

Nuns with Guns posted:

Me, joining in on an internet personality discussion dunking on an internet personality I don't like: Haha gently caress yeah!!! Yes!!

Me, reading the internet personality thread dunk on an internet personality I do like: Well this loving sucks. What the gently caress.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

the badness of this thread isn't tethered to whether the posters here do or don't like whatever dipshit podcaster or youtuber is showing their rear end on a given day

anyway may nxyfears did a video tier list of scary stories to tell in the dark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gEA-ysrtS8

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Alice is fine and her willingness to own her own lovely posts puts her at a significantly more elevated moral position than most of the people who have spent the last year harassing her, and indeed most of the people in this thread

No, gently caress off with that nonsense.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
WTYP can be fine when more than one person has context for the topic, be that one of Liam/Alice or a guest who knows how to assert themselves to actually get a word in edge-wise. The episodes that are just "Justin summarizes the wikipedia article of an engineering disaster while Alice and Liam constantly interrupt him" are... not great, though.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Divorced from all other context I have to say...I do not think you should need a queer leftist perspective to explain why James Bond is problematic.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Nuns with Guns posted:

but its online creators + reviewers

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Extremely cool person totally just being unfairly maligned.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Yeah the harassment campaign that totally happened.

It literally did, my dude

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Very much not a lovely bigot

https://twitter.com/BathysphereHat/status/1133019837893156864

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I ain't defending those tweets, Alice definitely was the rear end in a top hat in that exchange. She should 100% apologize. But when I think harassment campaign I think the bullshit Zak S pulled, not a twitter meltdown that lasts one day.

My point was, such as I even had one, was that Alice is being treated like a monster and everything she touches as being tainted with capital-E evil and that seems, you know, exagerrated. Especially when we had multiple internet personalities turn out to be abusers and rapists and such.

Ivypls posted:

the badness of this thread isn't tethered to whether the posters here do or don't like whatever dipshit podcaster or youtuber is showing their rear end on a given day

Obviously.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

Not a twitter meltdown that lasts one day.

The lady was harassed for months.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
the funniest thing about the wtyp pod is that their fan discord got taken over by maoists

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

I ain't defending those tweets, Alice definitely was the rear end in a top hat in that exchange. She should 100% apologize. But when I think harassment campaign I think the bullshit Zak S pulled, not a twitter meltdown that lasts one day.

My point was, such as I even had one, was that Alice is being treated like a monster and everything she touches as being tainted with capital-E evil and that seems, you know, exagerrated. Especially when we had multiple internet personalities turn out to be abusers and rapists and such.

Obviously.
The harassment campaign was telling her followers to screenshot old posts that "prove" this person was a monster and spam them everywhere. Like directly telling people to "not let her cover this up", all of these supposed proof tweets being bland complaints about housemates failing to do their fair share of housework. Apologies that this might have gotten lost because Alice tweets more than people literally paid by the tweet.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Yardbomb posted:

The lady was harassed for months.

Wait that's not what you said earlier.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Impermanent posted:

the funniest thing about the wtyp pod is that their fan discord got taken over by maoists

lmao

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

Wait that's not what you said earlier.

Where exactly, because that's what happened, a poster on here is a friend of theirs and has said as much as well.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Impermanent posted:

Is this the same as the donoteat discord being taken over by maoists or was that a different thing.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Yardbomb posted:

Where exactly, because that's what happened, a poster on here is a friend of theirs and has said as much as well.

Someone said 1 or 2 days earlier in the thread. I'm genuinely confused by what happened there, especially since this:

Terrible Opinions posted:

The harassment campaign was telling her followers to screenshot old posts that "prove" this person was a monster and spam them everywhere. Like directly telling people to "not let her cover this up", all of these supposed proof tweets being bland complaints about housemates failing to do their fair share of housework. Apologies that this might have gotten lost because Alice tweets more than people literally paid by the tweet.

sounds like a complete self-own for Alice and her followers.

If it's a friend then I get the anger at least.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Ugh gently caress Alice Avizandum

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Jordan7hm posted:

Is this the same as the donoteat discord being taken over by maoists or was that a different thing.

same one

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Yardbomb posted:

Thats me yeah! The basic summary YArdbomb posted as a screenshot is basically what happened, except I think it was specifically when Freyja called the Music lady who was defending buck "Not punk" that set Alice off.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

all i know about the alice person is the time she accused a random black guy of having "transphobic vibes" for not liking star wars and being a poo poo about ace people which makes her sound like a completely insufferable jagoff at best; you don't gotta stan for her or condescendingly say that "well not everything she's touched is Evil, what about jontron?? :smuggo:"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I think it was Defunctland that did that great video on Action Park. What was the channel that did the breakdown of that cruise ship disaster?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

MonsieurChoc posted:

Someone said 1 or 2 days earlier in the thread. I'm genuinely confused by what happened there, especially since this:

So you didn't know anything about what she's said or done and still felt confident enough to post that it was actually nothing and not an issue.

You're stupid. Please shut up

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

I think it was Defunctland that did that great video on Action Park. What was the channel that did the breakdown of that cruise ship disaster?

Internet historian

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

MonsieurChoc posted:

Obviously.
I'm ok with not handling transphobes and acephobes with kid gloves OP

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...
In the blighted hellscape of TERF Island there are two types of trans women: those who hate Alice Avizandum and those who inexplicably keep inviting her to their podcasts. These are their stories.

https://youtu.be/pgbrM4KGZYQ

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Saagonsa posted:

Internet historian

Perfect, thanks.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

gently caress it, I'll take the L.

Sea_Caldwell
Feb 5, 2021

Some good general advice from my personal experience is to never trust someone who posts like 100 tweets in a single day.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So you didn't know anything about what she's said or done and still felt confident enough to post that it was actually nothing and not an issue.

You're stupid. Please shut up

I thought I knew and got corrected.

The fact that I'm dumb had nothing to do with this.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sydin posted:

WTYP can be fine when more than one person has context for the topic, be that one of Liam/Alice or a guest who knows how to assert themselves to actually get a word in edge-wise. The episodes that are just "Justin summarizes the wikipedia article of an engineering disaster while Alice and Liam constantly interrupt him" are... not great, though.

The only legitimately good episode of WTYP is the Groverhaus one, because no one died in the unraveling of the project so Alice and Liam's gross deathlust is tamped down, all three of them are well versed in GroverLore and "things that Grover did that were objectively wrong", and make a bunch of really actually funny jokes.

Unfortunately, it's locked away behind their Patreon. But someone shared the link with me so I got to watch it without willingly giving my money to a pair of shitballs like Alice and Liam and I don't feel the slightest bit bad about ripping them off :toot:

Gave DNE $2 for his Killdozer ep instead to make it up though because he's actually still good, association with Alice and Liam notwithstanding.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I watched this video today after it was posted elsewhere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7wFotDKEF4

It's about the misconceptions surrounding Koko the Gorilla's language skills that were spread by her researchers, the problematic nature of ape language studies, the abuses of the apes and staff, the fallout of cutting their funding, and the related ableist issues the researchers had when it came to teaching non-human apes American Sign Language.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

i thought the groverhaus video was pretty bad, tbh. like it was cool getting some of the context i missed through retellings of retellings but i was constantly getting annoyed when he would show photos of obvious construction flawsor bad framing or just laziness and corner cutting and nobody that was commenting on the video said anything about them other then like a short statement where somebody asked if the ductwork was held up by toilet paper

like he couldnt have gotten a halfway funny person with experience with what hes showing off to spend an hour or so with them on a video instead of 3 people who dont know jack poo poo?

edit: which is p much my biggest problem with wtyp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

0 rows returned posted:

i thought the groverhaus video was pretty bad, tbh. like it was cool getting some of the context i missed through retellings of retellings but i was constantly getting annoyed when he would show photos of obvious construction flawsor bad framing or just laziness and corner cutting and nobody that was commenting on the video said anything about them other then like a short statement where somebody asked if the ductwork was held up by toilet paper

like he couldnt have gotten a halfway funny person with experience with what hes showing off to spend an hour or so with them on a video instead of 3 people who dont know jack poo poo?

edit: which is p much my biggest problem with wtyp

And there's the problem with Well There's Your Problem, even the lone good episode of it is actually pretty garbage. And they want you to loving pay them to watch it :doh: