Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

jucika is great, as opposed to heathcliff, which is garbage from a bucket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Outside a suburban home, a bin lorry waits. The unchanging sun beats down with heatless intensity. Two refuse collectors stand, perhaps perplexed, gazing at the scene before them, unable to proceed.

On the pavement, in a bucket labelled "Garbage," Heathcliffe sits, impassive yet imperious.

In an oak tree, far above the confounding irrationalities of life, one bird turns to another:
"he's only minding it for the ape"

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

I love Garbage Bucket!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

frankenfreak posted:

I love Garbage Bucket!

Mai pakit is kaapits HA HA HA HA

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLEK0UZH4cs

The idea that aids came about from screwing monkeys is a very homophobic thing. Most likely it came from eating bushmeat, some dude eating monkey and accidentally he cut into his finger skinning it. It’s most likely that aids was a backwater disease that didn’t do much harm, up until that one flight attendant guy caught it and spread it to other people.

It’s a bad problem, but nobody screwing them monkey diseases

ronaldreaganlaughing.jpg

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Ziv Zulander posted:

aids... ...It’s a bad problem
:hmmyes:

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I've known exactly one person who died from aids. Known a good handful of people who lived through the crisis. One lady I know insists that anthony fauci did good with the aids epidemic in the 80s and he's doing good with the covid now. She's dying of lung cancer so I don't want to argue about how wrong she is.

Here's another comic

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Tenebrais has a new favorite as of 16:24 on Jul 19, 2021

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ziv Zulander posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLEK0UZH4cs

The idea that aids came about from screwing monkeys is a very homophobic thing. Most likely it came from eating bushmeat, some dude eating monkey and accidentally he cut into his finger skinning it. It’s most likely that aids was a backwater disease that didn’t do much harm, up until that one flight attendant guy caught it and spread it to other people.

It’s a bad problem, but nobody screwing them monkey diseases

ronaldreaganlaughing.jpg

Why couldn't it be heterosexual sex with a monkey? Really shows your own prejudice, huh.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 13:42 on Jul 19, 2021

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Paladinus posted:

Why couldn't it heterosexual sex with a monkey? Really shows your own prejudice, huh.
...somehow before literally right now I had always assumed when people said that they meant that it was heterosexual monkey sex and then HIV spread to the gay community, did people actually think gay men hosed monkeys?

don't answer that I know the answer

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I thought it was mainly a racism thingie.

Can be both of course.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

I mean there's also the fact that it was promoted in the media as an STD first and foremost, so came from monkeys -> came from sex with monkeys is not the dumbest leap of logic the general populace has ever made

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

What an awful post to make after my time away from this thread. I enjoyed the pages where anarchy reigned and everyone posted bad comix, and also I support people posting comics sequentially. In short: long live PYF comic

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Considering female orangutans get shaved and raped in brothels, I am not gonna completely dismiss the " Dude hosed a monkey" idea.

That, and syphilis didn't exist in the Native peoples until Columbus arrived, but didn't exist in Europe either, but DID exist in Llamas. :thunk:

actually, I am just repeating a thing I read, it may or may not be true

A whole lot of human diseases are ones that jumped from animals to humans. I bet, AT LEAST, 40% of them came about because someone was *ahem* inspecting the livestock

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Johnny Aztec posted:

Considering female orangutans get shaved and raped in brothels, I am not gonna completely dismiss the " Dude hosed a monkey" idea.

That, and syphilis didn't exist in the Native peoples until Columbus arrived, but didn't exist in Europe either, but DID exist in Llamas. :thunk:

A whole lot of human diseases are ones that jumped from animals to humans. I bet, AT LEAST, 40% of them came about because someone was *ahem* inspecting the livestock

Congrats, this might be the single weirdest post anyone has ever made in this thread.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Baron von Eevl posted:

Congrats, this might be the single weirdest post anyone has ever made in this thread.

Thank you. I feel a slight bit of pride from that.

The video I saw, years ago, of an orangutan being recused from a brothel still haunts me. :smith:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Before we continue this riveting discussion, I would like to urge everyone NOT to post the Vice video about goat loving in South America.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Here, have some comics that I have, personally, enjoyed:

Who wants to see a robots rear end!?

it just looks like this!

Johnny Aztec has a new favorite as of 15:32 on Jul 19, 2021

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Does she have a dumptruck rear end or a dumped-off-a-truck rear end?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

FFT posted:

Actually it's perfectly relevant to the thread:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Hitmen for Destiny #25: Sleeve

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

:tipshat: post more

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

lmao

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/nedroid/status/1417142715880464392

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Beartato's so happy about it too!

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Johnny Aztec posted:

haven't heard about the llama hypothesis

afaict, the latest hypothesis is that the modern syphilis that started spreading with the columbian exchange, was a mix of an old world and a new world disease that combined in some way

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Sadly that's the entire dead clown saga, and pretty much all of the Red Meat strips that I remember very clearly. Here's the other one:

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Woebin posted:

She (Alison Bechdel) didn't come up with it, a friend of hers did and she used it in the comic with permission. Without knowing how big it would get, unsurprisingly - if I remember right, she's a bit unhappy that it got named after her since it wasn't her idea.

Anyway the test itself is useful sometimes, but a bit too simple to go "failing the test is bad feminism" (and passing it obviously doesn't mean something is automatically good).

I like Dykes To Watch Out For, even if it's aged a bit. Or maybe in part because it's aged and that's interesting in comparison to current stuff.

I heard in an interview with Kara Swisher that Blechdel is in beginning stages of a TV adaptation of DTWOF: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/24/opinion/sway-kara-swisher-alison-bechdel.html?showTranscript=1

Could be cool!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

ChubbyChecker posted:

afaict, the latest hypothesis is that the modern syphilis that started spreading with the columbian exchange, was a mix of an old world and a new world disease that combined in some way

this is also how we got brewer's yeast, so there are some highs and some lows

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Do you like well drawn fantasy post apocalyptic Scandinavian webcomics with magic and trolls and cats? You do! Well that is pretty specific genre but here you go:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Ziv Zulander posted:

It’s most likely that aids was a backwater disease that didn’t do much harm, up until that one flight attendant guy caught it and spread it to other people.
Oof, yeah, not the way it actually went down

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

CyberLord XP posted:

Do you like well drawn fantasy post apocalyptic Scandinavian webcomics with magic and trolls and cats? You do! Well that is pretty specific genre but here you go:

Didn’t the guy who made this go kinda batty?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

thetoughestbean posted:

Didn’t the guy who made this go kinda batty?
Gal and yes during covid she caught the Weird Jesus

https://www.hummingfluff.com/lovelypeoplecomic.html

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Splicer posted:

Gal and yes during covid she caught the Weird Jesus

https://www.hummingfluff.com/lovelypeoplecomic.html

Caught the weird Jesus is a excellent way to put this. Comic is still good. Lovely people is weird and preachy.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Woebin posted:

I like Dykes To Watch Out For, even if it's aged a bit. Or maybe in part because it's aged and that's interesting in comparison to current stuff.

:agreed:

Bechdel is a dyed in the wool second waver and while she never succumbed to the really toxic TERF stuff (see the bathroom panic comic upthread) she's very much the product of a different time.

It doesn't help that DTWOF isn't afraid to be an abrasive, warts-and-all depiction of lesbian/feminist culture (see the bathroom panic comic upthread) and includes characters doing and saying things that were considered problematic even back in the day.

But it's definitely interesting regardless.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

CyberLord XP posted:

The style of the first page kinda reminds me of the classic Lord of the Rings illustrations by Queen Margrethe II of Denmark:

Say what you will about our beloved queen, but she draws a mean Nazgûl. It's a pity she didn't get into webcomics.

SimonChris has a new favorite as of 19:14 on Jul 19, 2021