Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Yeah in general you don't move a lot as dawi so it's sitting in your box while your guns do the work then 30 seconds of fury as they hit your line. Calibration with 200+ range will do far more work while the enemy closes and you'll still get parting shots as they run away. Spiteful shot sounded fun but it's basically a magic missile shot from a really low angle, i was using it to poke wurrzog down but i could have been sniping him the entire time too. The prospectors charge item also makes your ranged attacks magical so you can really lay into lords with high physical resist. I wanna see what 150 bonus vs infantry with magic damage does to sniktch.

One counter though i often used my engineer as a speed bump in front of my cannons to give them a clear lane of fire so a beastly engineer that will dominate melee might be better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Troglodons are loving incredible, holy poo poo. Skink Oracles are even more incredible, because, hey, cool, my caster has a dinosaur that spits death loogies. How is this even a thing?

Oxyotl is fun. Being able to bounce around the map wrecking Chaos is amazing. I'm currently confusing the poo poo out of Markus by teleporting down to Lustria to sack his poo poo while he's busy fighting Mazdamundi, and then jumping back to the North to murder Chaos again. SPITTING ON FOOLS ON TWO DIFFERENT CONTINENTS. loving Lizard doomslayer.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Do the Slayer units that show up in the regions of renown list start decreasing if you leave them alone long enough?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Good news: here's a Warhammer 3 update.

Bad news: it's the last one until September.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-3-september-news/

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Hey, they specifically mention diplomacy changes so that's nice

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-3-september-news/

CA announcing they are taking a break from the reveals for a month but they are leaving us with a whole hell of a lot of stuff to look at in the meantime including concept art for the other daemon rosters

Edit: beaten

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Siege changes got a shout out too, so that's promising.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
lol

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

I love him.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Nurglings are also confirmed to be in which is interesting because they were a swarm unit on the tabletop. Swarm units are basically the one thing CA has refused to add so far.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

he's my friend

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

"squawk... change is the only eternal const- what?! stop that! why are you laughing?!"

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Gotta say waiting until September to say anything else sure feels like a game that could slip into 2022. I'm not saying that's definitely happening, just that nothing in the update said anything about releasing this year.

This feels like another Ogre Kingdoms hint: Shortly after we come back, we’ll also be fulfilling your hunger for the early adopter bonus with news of what that will contain.

FWIW some of the speculation on Reddit is that August is going to be devoted to Troy releasing on Steam and maybe getting another DLC, so it could be entirely unrelated to the release date. Late fall sure feels like the earliest possible release at this point though.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jul 19, 2021

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This annoys me so much: Mount Squighorn should be in the third slot, not the second

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

AnEdgelord posted:

Nurglings are also confirmed to be in which is interesting because they were a swarm unit on the tabletop. Swarm units are basically the one thing CA has refused to add so far.

I'm unclear on what Swarm means. Something all units in it deciding combat rolls collectively?

Regardless, there's no reason nurglings can't just be a unit with a ton of little guys in it, like goblins or skavenslaves.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

William Bear posted:

I'm unclear on what Swarm means. Something all units in it deciding combat rolls collectively?

Regardless, there's no reason nurglings can't just be a unit with a ton of little guys in it, like goblins or skavenslaves.

Swarms are when things are so small that you need several things to be even worth counting as an entity on the battlefield.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

How can something so gross be so cute?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Sinteres posted:

How can something so gross be so cute?

aw come'ere you, give us a hug.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sinteres posted:

This feels like another Ogre Kingdoms hint: Shortly after we come back, we’ll also be fulfilling your hunger for the early adopter bonus with news of what that will contain.
Look at the sentence after that, though:
"Further still, well, I’m sure we can dig something out to keep the hype train moving, and we’ve even got some major surprises we very much doubt you’re going to see coming."
Chaos Dwarfs confirmed!!!!!1

The Chad Jihad posted:

Hey, they specifically mention diplomacy changes so that's nice
:vince:

Sinteres posted:

Siege changes got a shout out too, so that's promising.
:vince: :vince:

Jay Rust posted:

This annoys me so much: Mount Squighorn should be in the third slot, not the second

M comes before T (or P) in the alphabet :colbert:
I actually agree with you.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
This is extremely my poo poo. Best chariot ever.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Siege Changes: Every faction now has Skaven’s Warpbomb ability during siege battles.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Gotta say I'm surprised they're going to do Cathay before the rest of Chaos.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Reddit's reaction to the chaos unit concept art:

"Nurglings got more rear end than daemonettes" :(

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

William Bear posted:

Reddit's reaction to the chaos unit concept art:

"Nurglings got more rear end than daemonettes" :(

Slaanesh knows the forbidden secrets of jazzercize.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

AnEdgelord posted:

Clearly this is a preview for the gnoblar LL dlc for ogres.

I was a little disappointed that the ogres sounded like angry English drunks. A bit too sophisticated for them.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Elrharion's ME campaign is proving impossible lol. I've done three starts tonight and one was my fault. But the other two Morarhi has steamrolled the entirety of Ulthuan with doomstacks and that's kind of it for my economy. I want to have fun with this campaign but it feels like that's not allowed.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hey when do you guys decide to build those anti-skaven buildings?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Here's what I hope siege maps turn into:

Defenders get a raised platform on either side behind the chokepoint for ranged units to fire into the melee. No gates, no walls.

If you don't bring siege_engine_1 (which takes a single turn to build), there is only a single large chokepoint-- maybe 3 units wide. If you bring it, you get two separate chokepoints.

If you don't bring siege_engine_2 (which takes an additional turn to build), defenders get two towers. If you bring it, they don't get any towers.

So your options are: attack immediately, single chokepoint and towers to deal with. Wait a turn, two chokepoints and towers. Wait two turns, two chokepoints, no towers.

Jay Rust posted:

Never, because it takes a long time to build and undercities are rare enough you can just buy them out instead.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

Never as my solution to a skaven problem is to just wipe out the nearest faction.

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Look at the sentence after that, though:
"Further still, well, I’m sure we can dig something out to keep the hype train moving, and we’ve even got some major surprises we very much doubt you’re going to see coming."
Chaos Dwarfs confirmed!!!!!1

I bet it's more Skaven, except this time they have shovels.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

Elrharion's ME campaign is proving impossible lol. I've done three starts tonight and one was my fault. But the other two Morarhi has steamrolled the entirety of Ulthuan with doomstacks and that's kind of it for my economy. I want to have fun with this campaign but it feels like that's not allowed.

I disbanded Eltharion's starting army and rehired back in Ulthuan. then playing donut politics for 40 turns, got Tyrion on my side and then went back to the badlands. I'm sure if the HE's all rolled guardian traits you could do it the intended way but you just can't trust elves

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Elukka posted:

How do you do Imrik on ME? The campaign appeals to me for some reason but I just can't manage it. No allies, enemies all around. I can't even beat Clan Eshin because I can barely afford one half-decent stack and then eventually you have a billion orcs and probably Malus on you too.
I havent watched the guide video that someone posted but when I've done it (a couple times now) I take the two minor settlements to round out your starting region from Clan Helhein; once you take the second minor settlement you should be able to get peace with them as well as a trade agreement (though this was a while ago, AI may have changed since then). Then you force march over to Sniktch's starting major settlement and have your declaration of war against him be assaulting his starting/only major settlement - it should not have any army in it because his only armies will be out trying to take minor settlements. Taking this will cripple his ability to recruit new armies of anything but Skavenslaves so you should be able to finish him off with ease once you beat his main army once. Once Sniktch is dead (dont worry about killing any minor factions yet) you force march down to Malus's islands; RNG may mean he meets you on the way or maybe you'll get lucky and he'll flounder trying to kill the Lizardmen that start there. Kill him as fast as you can then force march to any unsecured land that is between your starting town and all the land you just took. Then you force march to meet Grimgor's Waaagh armies that are breathing down your neck (I hope you have Lightning Strike by now because Lightning Striking and Ambushing Waaagh armies lets you fight the 'host' army without the Waaagh troops showing up). Enjoy smashing some Grimgor armies while you build up your three provinces; eventually, hopefully, Grimgor will start to fall apart because he is sending everything he has at you and others will start pecking at his sides.

After that, though, its tough dealing with the awful terrain in the badlands, especially considering the city density and everyone else has Underway...

Jay Rust posted:

I never do. If I suspect I have an undercity in my lands I move a couple heroes there because they each add 15 to the number you need to reach to spot the undercity, and the AI is bad at keeping their detection down.

Shmtur posted:

I bet it's more Skaven, except this time they have shovels.
lmao

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

If there's a blood and guts dlc can I have the classic "one boob w nipple" dlc for slaanesh

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I really think that slaanesh daemonettes went the wrong direction

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If Slaaneshi daemonettes did go anime they'd probably land on horsecock Demon.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Pull up thread, pull up

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
why not big burly muscle crab men is all I ask

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

You may not like it but this is what peak Daemonette looks like.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
ACCEPT IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Get this...a crab, but its also a dragon