Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Sir, if I have to ask you to leave one more time I’ll be forced to call the police.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

"You are the second biggest group, therefore it is a thing of glory and honor to defeat you. So I shall, as part of the FIRST biggest group".

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
that guy is basically calling the imperium The End Boss of Eve and well that's a nice compliment.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

They're in the phase of the war where they're trying to excuse their own failures by talking us up

"When you think about it it's an impressive accomplishment that we were able to push back these CLEARLY SUPERIOR BEINGS at all, even outnumbering them three to one. You might say that we, the entire rest of nullsec, are the true plucky underdogs"

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

having been very active in a bunch of different alliances' forums, this is the kind of poo poo somebody posts a few weeks before they get bored, let their sub lapse, or otherwise basically just fall off the face of the Earth

extra so if they're a corp ceo with op participation problems

hell yeah

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jul 19, 2021

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

My Empires of Eve books have just arrived

I can't wait to read about the deeds of my illustrious ancestors

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

The way I see it papi can either:

1. Claim victory and retreat whilst maintaining bluetral status and mututal defense pacts

2. Gate supers and do whatever it takes to assault the final constellation no matter the cost

We all know in our hearts what choice they have made

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
They don't have supers anymore, they got cleaned out by m2-.

If they had the materiel to fight, they would. They are out of strategic level offensive assets and can't dip into their defenses.

Cap fleets are heavily subsidized in any Corp, so when all you see are sub-caps and no attempts at jammers, well there's only one real conclusion.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Is this the second time since they've been sieging 1DQ in subcaps that they've had to disengage completely because they've actually ran out of subcaps to re-ship into?You would have thought that after getting roasted the first time about running out Feroxes, and spending the last month bragging about all of the industrial capacity they were setting up, they wouldn't have just gone and done it again?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm actually surprised they had that many left to begin with

We killed hundreds of enemy feroxes in the past two days

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

It's not that they don't have caps, it's that they can't afford to lose the ones they have. On the alliance level, they're flat out broke.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Collateral Damage posted:

It's not that they don't have caps, it's that they can't afford to lose the ones they have. On the alliance level, they're flat out broke.

Also the ones they have left are the ones with the good sense to ignore their leaderships jump-in orders

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Condolences to the poor souls who believed papi would get this done and set up infrastructure and started building in Querious and Period Basis.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Hexel posted:

Condolences to the poor souls who believed papi would get this done and set up infrastructure and started building in Querious and Period Basis.

I’ve noticed a large number of unanchoring structures recently. In fact we’ve stolen a bunch of them lmao

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Is this the second time since they've been sieging 1DQ in subcaps that they've had to disengage completely because they've actually ran out of subcaps to re-ship into?You would have thought that after getting roasted the first time about running out Feroxes, and spending the last month bragging about all of the industrial capacity they were setting up, they wouldn't have just gone and done it again?

Any smart industrialists in PAPI seeing the FoRgE oF hErOeS getting RFed would abandon the loving region in a hurry. There is no way anyone intelligent puts stuff into build there now -- especially since jobs in build drop comps on structure death.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Collateral Damage posted:

Right, if eve war works anything like real war then each group sets a minimum of materiel they need to hold their home regions, and another quantity of materiel that they need in excess of the first to prosecute a war.

We both lost a significant amount of offensive materiel in M2-, but we're at home and can deploy our defensive cache as well. They can't reciprocate without having their butts touched.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Did we ref the sotiyo into hull? :v:

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

https://br.evetools.org/related/30004712/202107190900

We did it again

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Where is the motivation for the average SAPI line member? We're supposed to be stuck in 1DQ, and here we are, striding out and absolutely dumpstering them in their "home"

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Stereotype posted:

that guy is basically calling the imperium The End Boss of Eve and well that's a nice compliment.

It does fit the theme of PAPI trying to solve this with AT-like theory-crafting. They've basically treated this war like one great big WoW raid.

Edit: Is their material situation truly so dire that they're running out of Feroxes? I'm a very small time industrialist, and I have about a dozen HACs sitting in a hangar that I haven't even bothered to put on the market because the sales volume is so low (because we're losing so few ships). My hangar of personal ships is 3-4x what it was at the start of the war. I don't play often--and so don't lose as much--so maybe I'm an outlier?

Ynglaur fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jul 19, 2021

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Where is the motivation for the average SAPI line member? We're supposed to be stuck in 1DQ, and here we are, striding out and absolutely dumpstering them in their "home"

I think the "average SAPI line member" just doesn't log in anymore. What is left are the hardcore koolaid drinkers and the elite pvp'ers. And I guess those groups don't necessarily care what actually happens in the grand scale of the war, for different reasons

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I think the plan, such as it is, is to read everyone’s theories about what the announcement might be and try to pick whatever seems best because clearly plans a-zzz that their leadership could come up with were garbage and they know plan aaaa isn’t gonna be any better. Maybe someone else will have one, if not they’ll do something stupid and counterproductive that lets them blame a scapegoat.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Stereotype posted:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Ynglaur posted:

Edit: Is their material situation truly so dire that they're running out of Feroxes? I'm a very small time industrialist, and I have about a dozen HACs sitting in a hangar that I haven't even bothered to put on the market because the sales volume is so low (because we're losing so few ships). My hangar of personal ships is 3-4x what it was at the start of the war. I don't play often--and so don't lose as much--so maybe I'm an outlier?

It's scary to install build jobs in a shield reffed Sotiyo in their main staging system :v:

janesirober
Jun 18, 2021
they lost 600ish feroxes in 24 hours what a day

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I let my subs lapse like a couple weeks ago, but I'll certainly re-up them if I we get to start glassing their poo poo in Delve and/or get to start putting the screws to test.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

What if the Big Announcement is that Goons get kicked out of TTT?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

ALRIGHT FOLKS, PLEASE PAY ATTENTION  TO THE FOLLOWING ANNOUNCEMENT

Goonswarm and their allies have just launched a new counter-offensive, in an attempt to retake some of their lost ground in Delve. They've started by hitting several staging structures in T5ZI, as well as numerous other targets across Delve and the surrounding regions. The summer heat has gone to their heads, and being trapped in a corner, they're fighting back with everything they've got left.

IF YOU WERE LOOKING FOR A REASON TO GET BACK IN ON THE ACTION, NOW IS THE TIME!

We're going to need you all getting involved in every aspect of the war effort from Tail to Teeth. That means industrialists and importers maximizing the amount of doctrine ships available on your Allaince contracts and the T5ZI market. Making money and defending your krabbing space whenever the opportunity presents itself, in order to both purchase doctrine ships, fill out your hangar and afford reships when the fight is on. Lastly, keep training into our Voltron stratop doctrine ships, both new and old. Additionally, we're going to start ADMing up Delve constellations, so look at getting some cheap PVE ships fitted up in T5 as well for those fleets.

Your Alliance/Military Leadership will have further instructions for you later today, so pay attention to that and any follow up pings.

*END SITREP*

Gwyneth Palpate fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jul 19, 2021

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Whether it happens next week or a year from now their extraction has to be as painful as possible

Can we preemptively ref their keepstar chain out?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Floppychop posted:

I let my subs lapse like a couple weeks ago, but I'll certainly re-up them if I we get to start glassing their poo poo in Delve and/or get to start putting the screws to test.

Get in loser, make a difference and get that process started for real

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Hexel posted:

Whether it happens next week or a year from now their extraction has to be as painful as possible

Mittani has been adamant about not disrupting their "Golden Bridge of retreat", so don't expect this to happen.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Mittani has been adamant about not disrupting their "Golden Bridge of retreat", so don't expect this to happen.

The fine line there is to not cut the bridge, but make it as painful as possible for them to cross, after they are committed to taking it.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Wibla posted:

Did we ref the sotiyo into hull? :v:

Tonight, we will!

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Hexel posted:

In a game of immortal pilots, it's way more of a win to make them slink away with their tail between their legs.

Even if they lose a Helm's Deep moment, they still get a ton of morale and a cultural reference point out of it. Having them slink away losingly is something we can mock them for forever.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Why, to avoid creating some revanchist poo poo?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Not so much this as it just simply makes it harder for any of them to leave. The ideal scenario would be that only one or two groups decide to leave, leaving the rest in T5ZI. Those one or two groups that leave can't do so if we've snapped the keepstars on the way out.

Granted, this also means that they can perform a coordinated retreat coalition wide, but that is fine too.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What if the Big Announcement is that Goons get kicked out of TTT?

the ttt is the only thing keeping test semi-functioning

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

They're on the ropes, and with the game + outside world in this state, I don't see too many people rallying to their call for aid.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I won't ever claim to understand Mittens, but this is some classic game theory poo poo.

If you encourage them to Helm's Deep, all three possible outcomes (they win, they lose, they evac) are no better than if you encourage them to evac.

No matter what, if they rally the defense and win it's equally bad. But if you encourage them to defend and they lose, they control the narrative a lot better than if you had encouraged them to evac. (We gave papi an out but their leadership still hosed it up.) And given the proximity to NPC space, it's pretty much impossible to stop an evac by blowing up their path home. It'd make it more difficult for them, but they'd still be able to do it reasonably well enough. So it's better to just encourage the evac and make it seem like you're being benevolent when in reality you couldn't impact it much either way.

Edit: Also, on a meta level, it's a lot funnier if we tell them we're encouraging them to evac in the hopes that makes them go "grrrr goons" enough to actually defend T5ZI

Dik Hz fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jul 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Something about fighting an enemy with no chance for retreat being more of a pain, since they are desperate.