Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Liberal Pravda is really pathetic and low energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

You can have the flag at home (we are flattening the home later)

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Israelis attacked al-Aqsa again
https://twitter.com/m7mdkurd/status/1416776896327553029?s=20
https://twitter.com/m7mdkurd/status/1416738732179349506?s=20

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
clearly netanyahu was the problem.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/sahouraxo/status/1416852193706012672

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/benandjerrys/status/1417128875075719172

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/AmnestyTech/status/1416834680553414657

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

It's against the law to Poland to point out the fact that the Germans were far better at murdering Jews in Poland than in their own country was because the Polish gentiles willingly sold them out.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

benandjerrys posted:

We believe it is inconsistent with our values for Ben & Jerry’s ice cream to be sold in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT). We also hear and recognize the concerns shared with us by our fans and trusted partners.

We have a longstanding partnership with our licensee, who manufactures Ben & Jerry’s ice cream in Israel and distributes it in the region. We have been working to change this, and so we have informed our licensee that we will not renew the license agreement when it expires at the end of next year.

Although Ben & Jerry’s will no longer be sold in the OPT, we will stay in Israel through a different arrangement. We will share an update on this as soon as we’re ready.

Nice try Ben and Jerry, but all of Israel is OPT

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
you down with OPT?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

solidarity with palestine by not letting them have any ice cream

vez veces
Dec 15, 2006

The engineer blew the whistle,
and the fireman rung the bell.

Ben & Jerry's full statement posted:

Although Ben and Jerry's will no longer be sold in the OPT, we will stay in Israel through a different arrangement.

e:fb

vez veces has issued a correction as of 17:32 on Jul 19, 2021

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

well done to ben and jerries for removing ice cream from the reach of palestinians but continuing to operate in israel. All they did was make things worse.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

dxt posted:

Nice try Ben and Jerry, but all of Israel is OPT

Ben and Jerry are good guys and I’m sure they are frothing at the mouth that Unilever has taken the “side with Israel” stance. :smith:

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

etalian posted:

Liberal Pravda is really pathetic and low energy.

The Washington post isn't fit for my chickens to poo poo on.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

loving genocidal monsters

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao

Literally ISIS-style savages... Oh wait! They literally funded and trained ISIS!

A pox of cosmic horrors upon Israel

staticman has issued a correction as of 18:26 on Jul 19, 2021

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

bds/palestinian activists i follow are v happy with the ben & jerrys thing in spite of them still operating in israel so i'll take their lead and celebrate a little good news coming for once

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/yairlapid/status/1417169816352436226?s=20

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Don't worry genocide do'er. No one ever said you were silent.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

:qq:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Part of me wants this to happen since the laws are blatantly unconstitutional and it seems pretty clear-cut that they'd get the thrown out in court if they were ever actually challenged but otoh lmao the law doesn't matter and the courts would uphold it probably

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

can’t wait for Ben & Jerry to announce their new flavors, Milksheikh Jarrah and Dome of the Choc

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

christmas boots posted:

Part of me wants this to happen since the laws are blatantly unconstitutional and it seems pretty clear-cut that they'd get the thrown out in court if they were ever actually challenged but otoh lmao the law doesn't matter and the courts would uphold it probably

Abby Martin managed to win a victory challenging Georgia's law. So there is some space for struggle there.
https://twitter.com/kgosztola/status/1396952710168129539?s=20

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

They're still selling it in Israel and they can't help but throw a loving tantrum.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Groovelord Neato posted:

They're still selling it in Israel and they can't help but throw a loving tantrum.

No they need constant reassurance that theyre not horrible monsters.
Anything otherwise is a hideous antisemitic lie that puts the safety of israel in jeopardy

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

you down with OPT?

no, with LPT

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

bds/palestinian activists i follow are v happy with the ben & jerrys thing in spite of them still operating in israel so i'll take their lead and celebrate a little good news coming for once

Palestinians weren't buying Ben & Jerry's anyway, so the real effect is forcing settlers to cross the 67 borders if they want to have some. This is an intolerable antisemitic assault.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 20:16 on Jul 19, 2021

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

christmas boots posted:

Imagine having being subject to sedition laws regarding a nation you don't live in and are specifically trying not to do business with lol.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
america: free market baby!
also america: if you don't buy israeli made hummus you lose your social security

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Rigged Death Trap posted:

No they need constant reassurance that theyre not horrible monsters.
Anything otherwise is a hideous antisemitic lie that puts the safety of israel in jeopardy

like slaveowners in the American south, who wanted to ban criticism of slavery and make abolitionists say poo poo smells good actually!

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

you down with OPT?

YEAH YOU KNOW ME

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Groovelord Neato posted:

You’d think with the way they act, Israel would be on better terms with China

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I was thinking "so settlers need to make a 30min drive for their ice cream? Who gives a poo poo" but I should have known that they'd throw a tantrum over minor inconveniences

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

30.5 Days posted:

I was thinking "so settlers need to make a 30min drive for their ice cream? Who gives a poo poo" but I should have known that they'd throw a tantrum over minor inconveniences

iirc, more than one government in Israel has come to power by catering to the minor inconveniences of the settlers

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

bedpan posted:

iirc, more than one government in Israel has come to power by catering to the minor inconveniences of the settlers

Also similar to your white Fox News / NY Post Chuds in the US they make a politically active vocal voting base.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

One of the main reasons that this makes me angry is that it reminds me of how they wanted to clear out the Silwan neighborhood in East Jerusalem to put in some bullshit "archaeological park."

quote:

According to lawyer Ziad Kawar, who represents al-Bustan’s residents, all 100 residential structures in al-Bustan have been slated for demolition to make way for “King’s David’s Garden” archaeological tourism park, comprising restaurants, artists’ studios and local art shops, among other attractions. Some Israelis claim this location was the site of the biblical garden of King David, but this claim is disputed.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/manniefabian/status/1417291065053286400?s=20

edit: apparently 2 rockets launched by a faction in Lebanon. the other two explosions were from Iron Dome.

Atrocious Joe has issued a correction as of 02:39 on Jul 20, 2021

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

i can't imagine hating a group of people so much that you would grind up their four thousand year old structures but i guess when you're a nazi your brain is broken in the worst ways.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Rainbow Knight posted:

i can't imagine hating a group of people so much that you would grind up their four thousand year old structures but i guess when you're a nazi your brain is broken in the worst ways.

A mining company in Australia blew up an Aboriginal sacred site where worship had taken place from roughly 44,000 BCE to 1800 CE. The executives lost their bonuses for it, but the company won't promise not to do it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

ben cohen and jerry greenfield are anti semitic TERRORISTS

https://twitter.com/NTarnopolsky/status/1417870427574112257